Smoking Alone

I've met hundreds of stoners in my life, and almost every single one of them has said they prefer to smoke with others, as opposed to smoking alone.

I'm just the opposite. Maybe it's because deep down I'm essentially a loner, but I prefer to smoke alone, just me and a fat bowl.

Most stoners I've known have thought that kind of weird. They like to get high and shoot the breeze with their homies, making each other laugh and even think about deep stuff every now and then. There are times when that's enjoyable to me, but mostly I like to blaze up, then work on my writing, which has always been a solitary task for me.

I'm sure many things contribute to my "loner" status. Even before I ever thought about smoking weed, I spent most of my time alone in my room, reading, playing video games, listening to music, or watching TV. I guess smoking alone is a natural extension of that.

If life has taught me one thing, it's that I don't play well with others. The number one descriptive word people would use for me is "asshole." I'm silent and laid back for the most part, but can be blunt, pardon the pun, when I'm pushed too far. Even when really high, I've been known to pop off at the mouth, letting my size (6'4, 270) back me up.

A psychiatrist would say that I have a need to control others, getting the upper hand on them before they have a chance to hurt me emotionally, a defense mechanism, if you will.

In layman's terms, it's known as "being a dick." But the bottom line is, people get on my nerves. People are bossy, annoying, pushy, and judgemental. These are things I prefer to avoid, especially when high.

How about you? Do you prefer smoking alone or with buds?

The best memories, if trying to recall the most enjoyable times I have gotten stoned, would most definitly be times spent alone. Memories like like walking up a mountain trail and smoking near the summit, or just climbing out in the middle of the night and getting on top of the roof of the building. I have fond memories of particular times I climbed ontop different roof tops of buildings I was staying; its very nice to sitt balancing on the top and look out over the sleeping night city. Forgetting yourself and even forgetting that you are sitting there because you just smoked, getting lost in your own thoughts. I think this is part of why I have enjoyed smoking alone the most, the ability to complete emerge yourself into your own surroundings and thoughts. There are alot of crude people in this world. My bullshit tolerence have seems to almost dissapear; I control my own reaction towards others well now a days but inside my head it can bother me a great deal. I realise that I am by essence a lone wolf. There are many crude people in this world, indeed. Smoking with friends can be convienent for pratical matters, and doing certain activites or seeing others reactions is something that can be fun when you first start smoking. But essentially, my best memories of times smoking weed is time spent alone.

I can do both, smoke alone or smoke with people. Back in my younger years, it would always be smoking with someone. As I got older, I would only smoke with family members except for ones who always wanna smoke your shit but never put anything down on some green. Just about everyone smokes in my family except for my youngest sister. Or I would smoke with a couple of my bffs. Since I have moved from my hometown to another city, I don't have any friends, just my choice not to make any because where I am people tend to be real grimy. So, the only person I smoke with now is my bf.

Like the OP, I tend to speak my mind regardless, some people take it as being rude. I say I am just being real. I don't want someone to sugar coat anything for me so I treat people the same way I would like to be treated. I may not be 6'4 and 270 pounds but I like to think that people respect me for being brutally honest.

Usually when I smoke, I like to get on the internet, watch some tv, listen to music or play some video games. Or depending on the weed, I will catch a nap or eat up everything in sight.

I never smoke with people. I don't know anyone that burns except old friends I haven't seen in years. I'm not the biggest human being fan on the planet to begin with, so needless to say it works for me. Yep, toke down a few nice sized doobs, roll down the blinds, don't answer the door or phone, and chillax.... :)

my man im soooooooo with you on blowing solo. i actually find some kind of self bliss/ enlightenment by blowing solo. But... is so much fun when you find that right person to smoke with. yes i agree it is peaceful, you dont have to worry about hogging or snapping on someone for hogging or worrying about offending somebodies lifestyle or religion but thats all the more reason to get that perfect smoke buddy. if i was to pick one it would be my cousin whom i was raised with. we gotten high watched and laughed our selves into a asthmatic heave at "That 70's show" and i wish he was with me now, he's not dead we're just not in the same state anymore. however if im not smoking with him, i most def would prefer smoking alone. my best trips have been solo but my funniest have been with my cuz. i guess to each his own and all that but most of the time solo is the way to go

Being a professional Engineer, I have always been apprehensive about smoking with new people. Also, my wife more or less stopped when we started having kids - she started to get paranoid. So, as a daily medical user, I tend to smoke alone quite a bit. I don't mind getting buzzed with friends, but it's always fairly stressful when I "come out of the 420 closet" around someone new. Getting much better about it since I got my docs recommendation, but still have MANY friends and almost all co-workers that have no clue that I smoke.

:peace:
Very Inspiring to know that you are an engineer. I am graduating in a semester with a degree in engineering and have also have a thing for marijuana. Only my friends know that i smoke and one family member. I'm sort of looked at to set an example.

The best memories, if trying to recall the most enjoyable times I have gotten stoned, would most definitly be times spent alone. Memories like like walking up a mountain trail and smoking near the summit, or just climbing out in the middle of the night and getting on top of the roof of the building. I have fond memories of particular times I climbed ontop different roof tops of buildings I was staying; its very nice to sitt balancing on the top and look out over the sleeping night city. Forgetting yourself and even forgetting that you are sitting there because you just smoked, getting lost in your own thoughts. I think this is part of why I have enjoyed smoking alone the most, the ability to complete emerge yourself into your own surroundings and thoughts. There are alot of crude people in this world. My bullshit tolerence have seems to almost dissapear; I control my own reaction towards others well now a days but inside my head it can bother me a great deal. I realise that I am by essence a lone wolf. There are many crude people in this world, indeed. Smoking with friends can be convienent for pratical matters, and doing certain activites or seeing others reactions is something that can be fun when you first start smoking. But essentially, my best memories of times smoking weed is time spent alone.
When you said sitting on the roof looking out over the sleeping city I instantly thought of batman smoking a J perched on a rooftop.

Don't feel strange or weird. I make beats and do music production and i love to smoke alone. Just me and a bowl and beats. Nothing better. Just do you and have a good time doing it!

i generally smoke alone, but I'd much rather smoke with a friend. I seem to get higher when I am chatting with a friend, perhaps it's just the combination of weed and natural brain chemicals dispersing due to the relationship with ones friends.

I have a little bit of social anxiety and i find weed makes it 100x worse, so im not a huge fan of smokin with other people or smokin then goin out into a social situation...

People i feel 100% comfortable with like my bro or really close friends are always fun to get stoned with somewhere chill

These days I really only smoke by myself an hour or 2 before i go to bed once im done everything i needed to do that day... Helps me go to bed and takes everything off my mind so i can be a 100% focused on writing a song, reading a book, watching some tv, listening to music etc etc... if i got lots of house chores to do i like to blaze and blast some music while i do em too.. makes any chore go from annoying to fun

I have a little bit of social anxiety and i find weed makes it 100x worse, so im not a huge fan of smokin with other people or smokin then goin out into a social situation...

People i feel 100% comfortable with like my bro or really close friends are always fun to get stoned with somewhere chill

These days I really only smoke by myself an hour or 2 before i go to bed once im done everything i needed to do that day... Helps me go to bed and takes everything off my mind so i can be a 100% focused on writing a song, reading a book, watching some tv, listening to music etc etc... if i got lots of house chores to do i like to blaze and blast some music while i do em too.. makes any chore go from annoying to fun

same here i kinda get social anxiety around people i dont know and if im high then i probably wont say much.

Love to get stoned with friends though

Used to find smoking alone would make me quiet and introspective around people, now revisiting the flower as medicine find that I'm usually able to be more social although it's more fun to share - or vape with folks; sometimes I do edibles and find that when I physically feel a bit better I can be more social.

i really only smoke alone or with my girlfriend, not that i dont like smoking with others, i just havent been doing it lately, and always enjoyed smoking alone as i also see myself as a "loner/dickhead"

It depends on my mood honestly. I'm 50/50 I enjoy being with friends, but sometimes I think to myself all I want is 1 bowl to myself and to sit and read a magazine.

I like smoking either way.... there's time for both, friends always make it more fun for discussion, laughing and enjoying the social aspect of pot, but I also enjoy taking a few tokes, and getting a bunch of things done, keeps me focused :) I guess it all depend's on how much bud I have, and what I'm willing to share, or who's offering :)

A few years back a buddy of mine was in a group of people in a bar parking lot smoking away and the guy across the circle said, "Well we better go on out of here guys, before the cops pull up and I have to arrest all of you."

If you never share your lips never touch other peoples germs and the benefit is you don't get sick from others, ever.

But your up front attitude about being an ass-hole means you have a bit of work to do on your personality.

I would prefer to smoke alone, when I am alone...

This reminded me of Snoop Dog's appearance into Half Baked... scavanger! lol.

I am definitely on the side of smoking alone. With the people a group smoke can be great. Most times though, when I get high I don't want anyone else around.

Back
Top Bottom