Smoking out of copper?

Stainless Steel, Brass Are okay. As well as anything dipped in chrome. Someone tried to sell me a copper bong last year and I laughed at him. I work in a machine shop and make bowlpieces and stuff all the time so I had to learn this a while back.

Stainless Steel, Brass Are okay. As well as anything dipped in chrome. Someone tried to sell me a copper bong last year and I laughed at him. I work in a machine shop and make bowl pieces and stuff all the time so I had to learn this a while back.

Thanks. But do you mean stainless steel combined with brass or do you mean brass or stainless steel are okay ??

About chromeing, wik says, "From a health standpoint, hexavalent chromium is the most toxic form of chromium..... The EPA lists hexavalent chromium as a hazardous air pollutant because it is a human carcinogen..." do I have to worry about this ???

Do you agree that titanium is good, and do I have to worried if the s.steel is annealed or not ?? Is Aluminum acceptable with matches or regular butane lighter ?? I heard that some types of brass are not good ??

Is it hard to get aluminum anodized and what kind of metallurgist can do this, and does it make it less toxic to smoke???

I would love to hear your insights. Thanks! (we are starting a small business making pipes so this stuff is important to us)

and do I have to worried if the stainless steel is annealed or not ?? Is Aluminum acceptable with matches ?? Which brass is okay?
Thanks,

also, Is it hard to get aluminum anodized and what kind of metallurgist can do this, and does it make it less toxic to smoke???

I've traveled this road... STAY AWAY FROM COPPER, find a guy at a radiator shop who has been there for 40-years... and you never will, because copper messed up your lungs, same with galvanized, stainless steel and the list goes on and one... Wooden pipes and stone pipes are again bad for you if you do your research, papers for joints contain 'salt-peter' for a nice even slow burn, and do your research and you'll learn its a chemical, bleach to make the paper white, and the list goes on... When glass pipes have their draw backs when you dig into them, I prefer a nice water bong filled with ice cold water myself, as it cools and filters the smoke. The draw back to a bong is simply they burn a lot of smoke, and not economical to the single smoker, I've smoked on brass for years, and after a few months the hole in your brass onie gets bigger and bigger... ask yourself why and where that metal is going? Glass onies have the same issue, but I can just take resin hits to open them up if they are clogging up... so after years of smoking I stick to my glass pipes, onies and ice cold water bongs... If it isn't glass, its not being smoked in my house!

I made a little copper pipe and im just wondering if it is bad to smoke out of copper. Thanks

I've been smoking out of copper pipes for years. That"s all I smoke out of. Other than a cough now and then and some occasional lung discomfort which I associate with too much indulgence or too harsh a bud, because it goes away when it's gone or I slow down, and I'd still be using the pipe. I think what your smoking does more harm to your lungs than what you'r smokin out of.

Most one-hitters I have seen are made of brass or some other metal. All the screens I have ever seen are made of some type of metal, including brass. Years ago most stoner pipes were made of some type of metal. If metal is so bad to smoke out of all my smokin friends and I would be sick. Unless you're using a propane torch to light up, I don't think the metal is hurting you. I would stay away from galvanized. And especially galvanized screen, which you probably won't find in headshops, but around the house. If you're so concerned, inhaling any kind of smoke is not good for your lungs.

A Copper bong is very clean and kills bacteria. The bowl should be glass. Copper has no lead, brass has lead and is not used in drinking water systems. Really, you can’t hold the bong and get it hot to expose anything. Main point is the bowl should be glass, hardwood, or stone.

I too had a proto pipe. I loved that thing!! I prefer glass now. I don't even like the metal nails or straws for doing dabs. Tastes bad to me!

Back
Top Bottom