Smoking Sativas and working out

MartyMcHigh

Alright, Ive been working out (weight training) after I smoke Sativa dominant strains for many years. Does anyone else like exercising or playing a sport after blazing up? If you do, what sport/exercise, and what is your favorite strain to give you the motivation to move? Personally, I like colombian, thai varieties.
When I was in college, 10 years ago (im 32 now), every player on the basketball and soccer teams smoked up. My friends and I would spend our summers on the basketball court, lighting blunts and shooting hoop. I was often a much wiser player after I got high, and my shot would get 'on fire' quick. A few years later, I started lifing weights after a few hits and it became a part of life. I love the results, and sense of accomplishment.

I want to dispel the 'lazy stoner' sterotype to the 'mainstream" society... you know, the character in the hollywood films whos watching the Matrix and eating doritos...although i do love doritos..
We all know that many athletes use the herb, but do they actually train while they're high? After reading about some famous herb heads, I think that Mike Tyson did, and so did Bruce Lee. Bob Marley used to play soccer and would get high before, and after, possibly during, lol, playing.
I actually get a better workout when Im high because I train smarter, not harder, and get to enjoy my lifts. when im sober, i often train too heavy, to the point where im risking injury.

Anyway, i hope there are countless others like me.

heres a story for baseball fans:
Joe Pepitone (OF) — Three time all-star and Gold Glove winner Pepitone wrote in his 1975 memoir that he once shared a joint with Mickey Mantle before a spring training game. Mantle had never had marijuana before. He struck out four times in that game and spent much of his time in the dugout giggling. He told Pepitone, "I don't know what that shit is, but keep it away from me."

Avid distance cyclist here...nothing better than a good strong sativa or hybrid to enjoy a 30-100 mile training ride. Also love hiking and kayaking (performance/touring/white water) and love to grab a buzz before, during , and after. Only sport I avoid being too high for is Martial Arts training.

YMMV.

same as you Marty, i get high before going to the gym and doing weights. At first im thinking ' I really can't be bothered for this ' but 10 minutes in and i feel pumped! i do smaller wieghts for longer when im high, find that helps me get in a rythmn and after a while you feel like you dont wanna stop. I hear you man, not every stoner is a slob ( although i do enjoy my days of indulgence ) but i also prefer walking rather than getting the bus everywhere when im high, it's alot more enjoyable. :yummy:

same as you Marty, i get high before going to the gym and doing weights. At first im thinking ' I really can't be bothered for this ' but 10 minutes in and i feel pumped! i do smaller wieghts for longer when im high, find that helps me get in a rythmn and after a while you feel like you dont wanna stop. I hear you man, not every stoner is a slob ( although i do enjoy my days of indulgence ) but i also prefer walking rather than getting the bus everywhere when im high, it's alot more enjoyable. :yummy:

i do lower weight and more reps when im high too. i also tend to pay real good attention to my form. its quality, not quantity. i just fall off that mindset when im sober.

Back
Top Bottom