Smoking Woes

Randy Rhoads

What's up guys? Anyways, this one is kind of a story, and I want your advice. You see, I am a college student, I live in a dorm during the semester, and with my parents over breaks. I do enjoy smoking marijuana responsibly, but I am often times unable to do so. When both of my parents are not home, I can casually smoke on the deck safely enough. However, when my parents are home (nights, after work), I can't go out and enjoy a smoke. Well... I can, but I hate coming back from a "friend's house" and acting shady because I am baked as hell. :biggrin:

As of now, they don't know that I smoke, they might have their suspicions, but they are not completely sure. Both of my parents are fairly liberal in their political standings and are in support of medical use of marijuana. I also know that they both smoked in the 70's. I am only telling you all this because I want your advice on what I should do in the situation. Should I tell them, in hopes that they will let me smoke outside? Should I just keep lying to them and risk losing their trust in me? Let me know what you think, and I appreciate it.

I say tell 'em...
They might not be too happy, but at least you were honest...

talk to them about the topic and find out thier views, like ask if they support decriminalization or legalization, if they do then its possible to be able to tell them

like start a conversation at dinner or something about how in school you had a debate on this or somethign if you need an opener and ask their opinions or somehting

j842p said:
I say tell 'em...
They might not be too happy, but at least you were honest...

J842P's right. I've learned that momma doesn't like it when you lie to her.

that is so true tommy.. mom's and dad's dont like little lies.. it makes them upset and make them wanting to punish u..

yeha man im open with it with my mom, i told her i didnt liek her doing something, and she said she didnt like me doing drugs and i was liek oh, well thats ux ahha she laughed then cuffed me

if they smoke, tell em, i told them i smoked years ago when i was 18, and my dad came out and said that he smoked in college too, now he don't give a shit when i'm baked, it's a respect thing, i don't get arrested, i'm responsible, in college, good grades, and i've never been fired from a job because of weed, i have because of my temper, but if i woulda been high, i wouldn't have reacted as i did, ha ha ha, but i say be honest, you're a man, they'll respect the fact that you grew a pair and told em.

Thanks everyone for the replies. In contrast, I really don't smoke that much, maybe once a day just to relax a bit, and ususally at night. On the contrary, I wouldn't be blazin myself up all the time. Anyways, I have yet to decide whether to tell them or not. Thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom