SmokzAlot - K.I.S.S. My CoCo and OC+

82f is the highest it sees. You are correct I was not thinking of the temps I will keep a closer eye on those as well. I have A/C to install that should take care of summer here. My understanding was not hitting the 90's.

Considering they survived a Calcium deficiency they are doing well. I am learning at a whole other curve with this coco as well. Its been fun though...

:thumb: I use a very similar product as OC+. It works great and I love using it. I just have to watch my temps as well!

:peace:

Cloning in coco...

I have a nice candidate for this experiment.

IMG_080314.JPG

Let's K.I.S.S. this coco clone and see if it works with me...

Cut Here..
IMG_080414.JPG

and here..
IMG_080515.JPG

and two more..

Let's trim it up bit and expose a node or two..
IMG_081214.JPG
IMG_081317.JPG
IMG_081116.JPG

Let's prep the coco.. I saturated it with my res water and let drain. Poke a hole in each pod to receive a cutting. I did this before taking my cuttings, notice the glass is empty.... Did I hear one of them whisper I want a 2l? I thought I did.... :scratchinghead:

IMG_080815.JPG

Stick them in the rooting powder, then into the coco and close it up around the cuttings. Done..

IMG_081518.JPG

Trimmed a few of the bigger leaves to slow aspiration and photosynthesis. Then place them in the dome and mist. Vents closed and low light...

Sorry forgot to take a pic of the trim, it will show in subsequent pics.
Now we wait.
:slide:

MSquared

What are you using that is similar to OC+?

Thanks for the question. I use the MG shakenfeed w/calcium - its the one with the red top. It has 9-4-12 with Micronutrients and added calcium. Here is a blurb from Scott's who owns MG.
Continuous release plant food formula with micronutrients features dual-action feeding - feeds instantly to get plants off to a good start, AND provides continuous release feeding for up to 3 months.
Contains calcium to help from stronger cell walls, producing better quality and longer-lasting fruits and vegetables. PLUS it helps prevent disorders such as blossom-end rot- bitter pit and fruit cracking.

I couldn't find OC+ anywhere around where I was, but came apon this last year @ one of those home improvement stores and I have been using it ever since.

Thanks and :peace:

Cloning in coco...

I have a nice candidate for this experiment.

Let's K.I.S.S. this coco clone and see if it works with me...

Cut Here..
and here..
and two more..

Let's trim it up bit and expose a node or two..

Let's prep the coco.. I saturated it with my res water and let drain. Poke a hole in each pod to receive a cutting. I did this before taking my cuttings, notice the glass is empty.... Did I hear one of them whisper I want a 2l? I thought I did.... :scratchinghead:

Stick them in the rooting powder, then into the coco and close it up around the cuttings. Done..

Trimmed a few of the bigger leaves to slow aspiration and photosynthesis. Then place them in the dome and mist. Vents closed and low light...

Sorry forgot to take a pic of the trim, it will show in subsequent pics.
Now we wait.
:slide:

:thumb: Nice clone tutorial. I always read all the clone tutorials, very nice job! :goodjob:

:peace:

Thanks for the question. I use the MG shakenfeed w/calcium - its the one with the red top. It has 9-4-12 with Micronutrients and added calcium. Here is a blurb from Scott's who owns MG.
Continuous release plant food formula with micronutrients features dual-action feeding - feeds instantly to get plants off to a good start, AND provides continuous release feeding for up to 3 months.
Contains calcium to help from stronger cell walls, producing better quality and longer-lasting fruits and vegetables. PLUS it helps prevent disorders such as blossom-end rot- bitter pit and fruit cracking.

I couldn't find OC+ anywhere around where I was, but came apon this last year @ one of those home improvement stores and I have been using it ever since.

Thanks and :peace:

If my memory allows I think I may have mentioned it earlier in my journal as an alternative as well. I have since put a bottle on my shelf for future study. I liked the calcium aspect. What application rate are you using?

Thank you sir for the step by step guide. I like the Idea of soaking the cutting in water. I helped out on a clone job with a friend of mine and he didnt soak and use powder he used the gel. Is water something that is needed for the powder or just your preference?

Thank you sir for the step by step guide. I like the Idea of soaking the cutting in water. I helped out on a clone job with a friend of mine and he didn't soak and use powder he used the gel. Is water something that is needed for the powder or just your preference?

The water helps prevent an air embolism from entering the stem, and provides safe haven while I finish cuts. It does aid in the dipping of dry powder and the adhesion, although its not required. There are many way and many opinions I suggest you don't take any for gospel. You will end up using the one that works for you reliably. Don't be afraid to experiment just like I am here. I have never tried to clone in coco before this.

If this works you have seen it work, if it fails we see that too..

Popping in on the clones...

Here you can see how I trimmed a few leaves but not much. Don't mind the rooting powder on the leaf.... oops

Things look good, mist them and back to the dome.

IMG_08169.JPG

Looking good Brother....taking notes too.....I can see cloning in my future some where down the line. :thanks:

The water helps prevent an air embolism from entering the stem, and provides safe haven while I finish cuts. It does aid in the dipping of dry powder and the adhesion, although its not required. There are many way and many opinions I suggest you don't take any for gospel. You will end up using the one that works for you reliably. Don't be afraid to experiment just like I am here. I have never tried to clone in coco before this.

If this works you have seen it work, if it fails we see that too..

Right on I always like a good experiment and hopefully yours plays out to your liking and benefit. I will try my options when I get to that point I do thank you for the advice. Hope your weekend is fantastic!

Right on I always like a good experiment and hopefully yours plays out to your liking and benefit. I will try my options when I get to that point I do thank you for the advice. Hope your weekend is fantastic!

Thanks, enjoy yours as well.

Who knows what comes next, some days I just feel like an adventure...

Looks good sir! I took clones using cocoa and had almost 100% I lost one. The roots were a lot more healthy looking than with peat plugs.

Looks good sir! I took clones using cocoa and had almost 100% I lost one. The roots were a lot more healthy looking than with peat plugs.

It's always nice to hear positive feedback. Appreciate that.. I am looking forward to see for myself. Coco has impressed me in many ways so far. I tend to be one of those, gotta see for myself type guys.

looks good bro how long are you planning to veg?

looks good bro how long are you planning to veg?
:thanks:
Right now the flower room is packed in, so I am unsure this go around. Thinking about an outdoor this year. I think this plant would do well. I was kind of bored so I thought of running some clones and taking some pics, as I tested cloning in coco. So far they look great..

My usual habit has been 2-4 weeks depending on if I top any or not, sativa vs indica. I am terrible at keeping time, I would have to check notes if I have any. It is not relevant to me, I just do my thing, putter about the garden and see what needs my attention. Just like the veggie garden.. what's ripe today or needy?

Back
Top Bottom