Sneeky’s RDWC Wedding Cake, 2021

Thanks Delps! That’s actually a very good idea, and it tends towards my OCD nature. That’s what drifted me towards hydro in the first place….total control of EVERYTHING. Apparently that includes poisoning my babies! They are doing great now - I’ve got to post some pics and I’ve been on the road a fair amount so they’ve been on autopilot but not so abusive as before (see SLH grow journal if you aren’t familiar lol). They are starting week 4 this weekend and have really put on a lot of veg and root mass. I’m totally unfamiliar with this strain, 80% Indica so I’m going to go light on the topping and give each one of the girls one split and leave one ‘Au natural’ just to get to know them a little bit. I’m a bit inquisitive by nature and lord knows I got plenty to smoke right now! I don’t do a whole lot of LST as in this environment they just tend to ‘fill in‘ the available space no matter what I do. I SC if I get any wild runners or need to slow the tops down a bit, but that’s about the extent of it. I‘m sure I’m trading cola for LARF (please someone tell me the error of my ways - I’ve been in silence for so many years lol!!!!!) so if I’m losing big by not doing LST please chime in. I actually listen to everybody’s opinions :Namaste:

WEEK 4: Vegetative

Well, I’ve been ‘better’ at not torturing these pretty ladies, but not at updating this journal, as evidenced my the missing 3 weeks lol.

Fighting a pH drift up issue which I am beginning to suspect is related to GH’s FloraBlend product because I had forgotten about this product and had no fight with pH, then remembered and now I keep having to adjust pH down mid-week. Anyone else with the issue in hydro?!? I can’t for the life of me remember what I even added it to the mix for over a decade ago, and can’t tell from their website what it does…. Any input from anyone is greatly appreciated!

Otherwise, girls are doing great! I’ve topped once only, I may just one more time as I’m trying to limit LARF this run, I may not, depending on how they grow the next week or so. This probably will be the last week of 18/6 tho.

TDS at 1250, pH started at 5.6x, at 6.6x by mid-week water topoff, adjusted back down to 5.8x and was back to 6.0x by today, but I won’t adjust from there.

Temps slipping down a bit on average, between 78 high, 68 low, with RH ranging between 52-64%. Water temps at the epicenter are 68, root zone a happy 70ish.

DE859669-1D3F-414E-95BA-4CE0CD15E350.jpeg

Not bushing them out too bad - wanna focus on the main colas….

169817BB-1FD4-41F4-AD03-0F0634BB1D66.jpeg

Ran out of RapidStart for a couple of weeks, but roots caught up in week three!

5D8BC146-E7F7-4454-9A60-076EE752BC04.jpeg

Nice color, no burns to speak of, no buggies!

Week 5: Vegetative (on-time but very late post….bad me)

Had some pics to post, then can’t seem to find them but will post them soon. No major updates. The girls decided to grow the hell up all of a sudden, so I have abandoned all hope of a week 6 veg and they are going to flower next week. These are 80% indicas, so only expecting about 100-150% stretch which puts me in a good spot I think. Very light topping this time. Back girl is definitely in the lead, I’ve had to keep her in line by ‘pinching’ which is new for me. Another technique I have to thank the kind folks on this board for sharing. Won’t be a very even canopy, but they are from seed so I get what I get for growth. Front left and back right grew far better for a second grow in a row, totally different genotypes, so I’m suspicious that I will use these as my two-girl-grow holes when I’m not cramming four into the space.

No signs of distress, and I’m staying on top of pH shifts. Still pulling up a bit, tending towards 6.6x every few days or so. No issue dropping back to 5.8x, but does drift up after about 2 days to 6.6.x range before top-off time. I might still have some unsavory leftovers from my crappy breakdown that I WILL NEVER DO AGAIN. I’ve been writing sentences as punishment…

Very happy I went with a trellis this time, and two of the girls have reached the trellis and right through it (hence the pinching) trying to stall her and wait for her lady friends to get to the party. Once again, the back left is Au Natural and is un-topped and should be a uni-cola plant (I wanted to put an ‘ed’ on uni-cola but that looked weird….).

Pics to follow soon.

Week 5: Vegetative (on-time but very late post….bad me)

I’ve been writing sentences as punishment…
Are you a closet masochist??

Are you a closet masochist??
LOL - prolly! Just can’t believe I missed a glob of roots because I was in a hurry. And my pH says I didn’t get all of them before this grow got underway. But I was the kid that figured out that I could use that thing that the music teacher used to make music lines that held like 5 pieces of chalk and I could write five sentences at a time….so maybe a time-sensitive masochist ;). My third grade teacher didn’t appreciate my efficiency….

Week 1: Flowering Stage (Early)

Flipped lights to 12/12 running 6a to 6p with a air temperature range of 68F off - 76F on, RH ranging 52% - 63% percent and A/C is on in the house still as it’s been unseasonably warm.

Good News: Canopy starting to fill in, but front right just way behind. Pinching to slow others but just a slower developing phenotype from seed. No nutrient issues visible. Nice, tight bud site formulation. Tremendous root formation.

Bad News: It looks like currently growing roots have grown through the protective mesh, into the manifold, and far enough to have interfered with the return pump intake valve. Killed by the girl’s success, as the pump is hardly picking up any water. So I’ve suddenly converted from a RDWC to a DWC system. One week into flower. Ooof. Had to mix with a transfer pump to transfer nutrients from the rear manifold to the epicenter because I hadn’t realized the pump was blocked. Also had a pinch technique blowout on a healthy top….

6E1C3B4D-AC46-4B34-8DF7-E3DE6D9AF384.jpeg

Canopy a lil outta whack on the front right, but not horrid for a seed grow…

867BBA6D-8EFC-48F3-B06E-EE6BC51786E4.jpeg

Taking it right to the edge of what I think she’ll take, just to make sure she’s got what she needs when she needs it.

04AEDBBA-4C1F-47E1-9BFD-8BE6F5E06192.jpeg

Very happy with root explosion (big shout out to RapidStart. Dang that stuff is great in this system - hence the problem that caused this….

F11FC7EC-C65E-431C-8CFF-41976C6A9849.jpeg

Thank goodness I had it tucked away. So loud though…and hot.

ACA105B2-1011-4C23-B030-E15A21A870C3.jpeg

I’d like to say she gave herself for a good cause, but my stupidity and butterfingers is NOT a good cause. We’ll, maybe we’ll file it under lesson learned…don’t strangle your children
2DCE4E22-1E6C-4CEC-87A7-8C0362C87BE5.jpeg

Nice bud site formulation beginning. No pre-sexin’ yet, but feminized so….
96DCBCE0-C7AC-4E1B-97E3-CDD3FA33890B.png

Yes, and on Halloween….I SHIT YOU NOT.

I put it in the epicenter after nutes and the stupid pump-tastrpohy, and i just count to 15 and hit the lock button because I can’t see the screen. BOO. Happy Halloween!

Hey there Sneek!!!

Looking so good over here! Congrats on entering flower with a bang!!! Sorry I was backed up getting all this stuff going!! I'll be watching!!

Hey there Sneek!!!

Looking so good over here! Congrats on entering flower with a bang!!! Sorry I was backed up getting all this stuff going!! I'll be watching!!
Welcome aboard! Been a boring run until I lost my pump to roots so haven’t missed much. I noticed they need quite a bit of attention underneath - I wish I didn’t treat them so bad sometimes, but then I remember I’m me and I literally say that EVERY TIME….

Hey Sneeky!

Sorry to hear about the mishap. For the roots, I can't say this is the correct way to do it- but when the roots clog my drains, I basically trim the roots out. Never set my autos back that I've noticed.
I've seen other members pull the roots back into the buckets and fold them over.
Anyhow hope that helps, and those girls are looking mighty fine! (Even the sacrificed one looked like she was doing great).

Welcome aboard! Been a boring run until I lost my pump to roots so haven’t missed much. I noticed they need quite a bit of attention underneath - I wish I didn’t treat them so bad sometimes, but then I remember I’m me and I literally say that EVERY TIME….
I trust you will be better to them this time!! I have faith brother!! Once the front fills in and you recover from this pump issue all will be well...

Hey Sneeky!

Sorry to hear about the mishap. For the roots, I can't say this is the correct way to do it- but when the roots clog my drains, I basically trim the roots out. Never set my autos back that I've noticed.
I've seen other members pull the roots back into the buckets and fold them over.
Anyhow hope that helps, and those girls are looking mighty fine! (Even the sacrificed one looked like she was doing great).
Before in my flood trays I’d take a hacksaw blade and trim one side to get flow on both sides of the roots. I never saw a problem either trimming the roots . Now I lay a hose in the bottom to get nutrients on both sides .

Week 2: Flowering (Late Post)
I continue limping along, pretty much doing stupid things every time I visit my babies :ganjamon: but everything continues to be forgiving with this system. Like today I did a tip-off in the epicenter, then decided to check TDS (for the system - in the epicenter with a defunct pump - you do the math). I stood there for like 5 minutes trying to figure out how TDS could POSSIBLY be at 158….the I realized I had just watered down the epicenter withno circulation. Duh….

Anyways, doing well here’s some pics of muh girls….

F09C18A7-949C-481F-95D8-65EADF246FEF.jpeg

Canopy finally filled in thanks to ‘aggressive pinching’. I would be sued for sexual harassment t in any other situation.

0C011587-337A-43E0-AE38-B7AD8C6E42B2.jpeg

Hmmm…what do we have here…..

8A354BC4-8215-4B16-8AB4-1080A66D2F9B.jpeg

OMG these girls were so neglected! So I went medieval on their asses (pulp fiction hell yeah)

E4D72ED3-03C4-4A84-9086-FAA04EA22BA2.jpeg

Oh, the humanity!!!

C18E8066-C06E-4C46-A242-A4FD259CD0E3.jpeg

One of the primaries, showing quite a bit of density already…can’t wait to see what happens!

Kinda embarrassed that I haven’t visited until now, your setup looks really tight and shipshape Sneeky. Get your grow on….
No worries - you’re here now and like I said earlier you haven’t missed much but stuff happening, improvising, adapting, and overcoming….ain’t that how we roll?!? Thanks for dropping by and if you see me doing anything stupid scream before I kill muh ladies!

Week 2: Flowering (Late Post)
I continue limping along, pretty much doing stupid things every time I visit my babies :ganjamon: but everything continues to be forgiving with this system. Like today I did a tip-off in the epicenter, then decided to check TDS (for the system - in the epicenter with a defunct pump - you do the math). I stood there for like 5 minutes trying to figure out how TDS could POSSIBLY be at 158….the I realized I had just watered down the epicenter withno circulation. Duh….

Anyways, doing well here’s some pics of muh girls….

F09C18A7-949C-481F-95D8-65EADF246FEF.jpeg

Canopy finally filled in thanks to ‘aggressive pinching’. I would be sued for sexual harassment t in any other situation.

0C011587-337A-43E0-AE38-B7AD8C6E42B2.jpeg

Hmmm…what do we have here…..

8A354BC4-8215-4B16-8AB4-1080A66D2F9B.jpeg

OMG these girls were so neglected! So I went medieval on their asses (pulp fiction hell yeah)

E4D72ED3-03C4-4A84-9086-FAA04EA22BA2.jpeg

Oh, the humanity!!!

C18E8066-C06E-4C46-A242-A4FD259CD0E3.jpeg

One of the primaries, showing quite a bit of density already…can’t wait to see what happens!
The humanity!!! :rofl:
Sorry you're still limping around...girls look just divine over there

Week Three: Flowering (Late Post)
Continuing to stretch and got into the lights a bit unexpectedly dang it! Traveling and the back girls shot up over a two day period.

Anyways, can’t check pH or TDS easily system wide, so just winging with the GH cocktail that has always work in the past, girls seeming to love it.

2A41A35C-D395-48B8-A96F-3B7286B39E52.jpeg

As you can see had to make the light crooked to fit muh crooked girls….

A020EA02-BFE8-46D7-AB0D-61824E371460.jpeg

Looking good from here….

B5C970DE-99C7-4DE4-B04F-0438C4495C4F.jpeg

Budsites everywhere…mmm mmm

8A39D1CF-DBC6-48B8-856F-D070F96A5EAD.jpeg

One of the victims of my ineptitude - someone call Plant Services on me again…I’m burnin’ muh girls with photons.

Looks great! We got some serious jungles going on between you, Krissi, Rexer, Jon, Jack and goodness only knows who else! I think everyone’s gonna need machetes soon so as to not get lost!

Looks great! We got some serious jungles going on between you, Krissi, Rexer, Jon, Jack and goodness only knows who else! I think everyone’s gonna need machetes soon so as to not get lost!
You might be right! I said this last grow, but since these were 80% indica I didn’t listen to me but…..next time 3-4 weeks of vegetative ONLY in this system. I’m doing Jack Herer next grow, so definitely 3 week vegetative to keep them out of the top of the tent. Thanks @cjsbabygirl313!

Week Three: Flowering (Late Post)
Continuing to stretch and got into the lights a bit unexpectedly dang it! Traveling and the back girls shot up over a two day period.

Anyways, can’t check pH or TDS easily system wide, so just winging with the GH cocktail that has always work in the past, girls seeming to love it.

2A41A35C-D395-48B8-A96F-3B7286B39E52.jpeg

As you can see had to make the light crooked to fit muh crooked girls….

A020EA02-BFE8-46D7-AB0D-61824E371460.jpeg

Looking good from here….

B5C970DE-99C7-4DE4-B04F-0438C4495C4F.jpeg

Budsites everywhere…mmm mmm

8A39D1CF-DBC6-48B8-856F-D070F96A5EAD.jpeg

One of the victims of my ineptitude - someone call Plant Services on me again…I’m burnin’ muh girls with photons.
You stuffed in there and looking fab, my buddy....stop burning them ladies though...you grow so well, whenever you oops I am still so surprised....like how? He's super grower?

Back
Top Bottom