420 Magazine Background

Sniff sniff sniff sniff: What y'all smoking on?

Cannamusic

I’m enjoying a surprise treat tonight.
I was looking for a smaller airtight jar to transfer some bud into, when I came across a plastic 35mm film canister inside an otherwise empty container.
It had the very last of some Acapulco Gold I grew 2 years ago!
While not super fresh, it still has a nice scent and the buds are not crumbling like dust. And yes - it is golden in color.
So.... why not!

The music selection tonight is the great Rush LP Fly By Night.
This is their 2nd album, but the first to feature new drummer Neil Peart.
His inclusion in the band raised their musicianship way up. He immediately took ahold of the lyric writing duties and the results are evident on this record.
Songs like “Anthem”, Beneath, Between, & Behind”, “Fly By Night”, “In The End” and the mini-epic
“By-Tor & the Snow Dog” shows the early direction the band would head. Great stuff.

42C734DA-D30C-4694-AB0D-85CB67A1B05F.jpeg
001853E3-C8EE-440C-96D0-D8093ADB715D.jpeg
71D5182D-FEE0-4D28-8258-E71ADA639E40.jpeg

Cannamusic

Another weekend is upon us. Happy Friday evening one and all :rollit:

Some albums don’t seem to get the attention they should.
Animals by Pink Floyd is one of those. Floyd had a great run of LP’s in the ‘70’s.
Meddle, Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, and this one.
Falling between WYWH & The Wall, Animals seems to be one of their “overlooked” or “forgotten” discs. The recordings are very dark, both musically and lyrically. Sometimes even a bit disturbing, but so was The Wall for a big chunk of it. I think it’s very worthy as one of their best efforts.

I will roll up some of this homegrown Columbian Gold, crack open a locally brewed craft beer and hang out with the woman I love. A fine evening in store!

3C78F1A3-5CD0-4D58-8974-4E54BA25BABD.jpeg

Outoftime

Another weekend is upon us. Happy Friday evening one and all :rollit:

Some albums don’t seem to get the attention they should.
Animals by Pink Floyd is one of those. Floyd had a great run of LP’s in the ‘70’s.
Meddle, Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, and this one.
Falling between WYWH & The Wall, Animals seems to be one of their “overlooked” or “forgotten” discs. The recordings are very dark, both musically and lyrically. Sometimes even a bit disturbing, but so was The Wall for a big chunk of it. I think it’s very worthy as one of their best efforts.

I will roll up some of this homegrown Columbian Gold, crack open a locally brewed craft beer and hang out with the woman I love. A fine evening in store!

3C78F1A3-5CD0-4D58-8974-4E54BA25BABD.jpeg
This looks amazing! :kiss: :love:

Cannamusic

Another Friday evening, another music and bud session :rollit:

I’m gonna listen to the excellent Robin Trower LP Bridge of Sighs.

This one was their most popular record for good reason.
It’s got a nice variety of moods and vibes. From the hard rocking opener “Day of the Eagle” to the spacey and ethereal “Bridge of Sighs” , this album really is a great headphones listen.
Trower himself has been compared to Hendrix. There are some similarities in their guitar tones, but Robin was very bluesy in his approach.
The late great James Dewar provided excellent bass playing and a very soulful vocal delivery, especially on the ballad-like “In This Place” and the title track.
Reg Isidore was super tight on the drums and was spot on throughout.
“Little Bit of Sympathy” is another hard rocker and “Too Rolling Stoned” is a tokers anthem.
Love this album!

The bud selection for tonight is some homegrown Gorilla Glue that turned a touch purple in the last 2-1/2 weeks of flowering, and is super stoney and quite aromatic and tasty.

Now it time for me to get Too Rolling Stoned! Happy Friday everyone!

013BFA85-A0E3-4CB7-A6D7-CD9A09FF10B7.jpeg

54F69C9E-051D-435B-990C-68CF633618F3.jpeg

1ABE9382-503A-4173-A257-9DE057772145.jpeg

Top Bottom