Sniff sniff sniff sniff: What y'all smoking on?

I’m enjoying a surprise treat tonight.
I was looking for a smaller airtight jar to transfer some bud into, when I came across a plastic 35mm film canister inside an otherwise empty container.
It had the very last of some Acapulco Gold I grew 2 years ago!
While not super fresh, it still has a nice scent and the buds are not crumbling like dust. And yes - it is golden in color.
So.... why not!

The music selection tonight is the great Rush LP Fly By Night.
This is their 2nd album, but the first to feature new drummer Neil Peart.
His inclusion in the band raised their musicianship way up. He immediately took ahold of the lyric writing duties and the results are evident on this record.
Songs like “Anthem”, Beneath, Between, & Behind”, “Fly By Night”, “In The End” and the mini-epic
“By-Tor & the Snow Dog” shows the early direction the band would head. Great stuff.

42C734DA-D30C-4694-AB0D-85CB67A1B05F.jpeg
001853E3-C8EE-440C-96D0-D8093ADB715D.jpeg
71D5182D-FEE0-4D28-8258-E71ADA639E40.jpeg

Another weekend is upon us. Happy Friday evening one and all :rollit:

Some albums don’t seem to get the attention they should.
Animals by Pink Floyd is one of those. Floyd had a great run of LP’s in the ‘70’s.
Meddle, Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, and this one.
Falling between WYWH & The Wall, Animals seems to be one of their “overlooked” or “forgotten” discs. The recordings are very dark, both musically and lyrically. Sometimes even a bit disturbing, but so was The Wall for a big chunk of it. I think it’s very worthy as one of their best efforts.

I will roll up some of this homegrown Columbian Gold, crack open a locally brewed craft beer and hang out with the woman I love. A fine evening in store!

3C78F1A3-5CD0-4D58-8974-4E54BA25BABD.jpeg

Another weekend is upon us. Happy Friday evening one and all :rollit:

Some albums don’t seem to get the attention they should.
Animals by Pink Floyd is one of those. Floyd had a great run of LP’s in the ‘70’s.
Meddle, Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, and this one.
Falling between WYWH & The Wall, Animals seems to be one of their “overlooked” or “forgotten” discs. The recordings are very dark, both musically and lyrically. Sometimes even a bit disturbing, but so was The Wall for a big chunk of it. I think it’s very worthy as one of their best efforts.

I will roll up some of this homegrown Columbian Gold, crack open a locally brewed craft beer and hang out with the woman I love. A fine evening in store!

3C78F1A3-5CD0-4D58-8974-4E54BA25BABD.jpeg
This looks amazing! :kiss: :love:

Another Friday evening, another music and bud session :rollit:

I’m gonna listen to the excellent Robin Trower LP Bridge of Sighs.

This one was their most popular record for good reason.
It’s got a nice variety of moods and vibes. From the hard rocking opener “Day of the Eagle” to the spacey and ethereal “Bridge of Sighs” , this album really is a great headphones listen.
Trower himself has been compared to Hendrix. There are some similarities in their guitar tones, but Robin was very bluesy in his approach.
The late great James Dewar provided excellent bass playing and a very soulful vocal delivery, especially on the ballad-like “In This Place” and the title track.
Reg Isidore was super tight on the drums and was spot on throughout.
“Little Bit of Sympathy” is another hard rocker and “Too Rolling Stoned” is a tokers anthem.
Love this album!

The bud selection for tonight is some homegrown Gorilla Glue that turned a touch purple in the last 2-1/2 weeks of flowering, and is super stoney and quite aromatic and tasty.

Now it time for me to get Too Rolling Stoned! Happy Friday everyone!

013BFA85-A0E3-4CB7-A6D7-CD9A09FF10B7.jpeg

54F69C9E-051D-435B-990C-68CF633618F3.jpeg

1ABE9382-503A-4173-A257-9DE057772145.jpeg

Wow... Friday night already. Looking forward to a 3 day weekend.

Too bad this thread is not as active as it should be. It’s a really cool one. Oh well..

I’ve got a date with a beautiful woman tonight.

We’re gonna share some Gorilla Glue and listen to some Pink Floyd together.

Her choice is the classic “Wish You Were Here”. Great selection!

This is the perfect album to kick back, smoke a couple jays and get lost in sound.

Have a nice weekend everyone

C89D7DE6-5193-4485-A130-38F6C1EBAB8E.jpeg

D72CF125-9981-4C95-82BC-585540AC8AFA.jpeg

2354F88A-C539-4DCA-AAFA-5F15723064BE.jpeg

It’s kinda weird being almost the only one posting on this thread, but I really dig posting what I’m smoking and listening to. Music and cannabis are the perfect combo for me, and Friday evening is the perfect time for me to indulge in both.

Tonight it’s the most excellent U2 LP The Unforgettable Fire.

This record signaled a distinct growth in both their sound and songwriting.
The music is produced, played and sung with a great atmosphere and vibe, nearly Psychedelic in spots, but with great feel and maturity in its entirety.

“Pride (in the name of love)” was a very big hit for them, yet all the songs are really good.

I love the vibe of this record!

The bud choice to go along with it is a homegrown Indica dominant strain I call Hanna’s Dream.
Named after the woman I love, the seeds came to me from my regular source as an extra gift in my order but no mention of the strains name. So... Hanna’s Dream it is! Really aromatic and stoney just like a fine Indica. Enjoy your weekend, people!

0520BED1-D1DD-4E2D-9C65-88BA9A347C94.jpeg
34F34E34-7C7E-46AA-BE73-4675748505D4.jpeg

Is it Friday already? Yep!

Time for my weekend ritual of breaking out a cool album and some homegrown bud.

Tonight it’s gonna be the commonly overlooked 3rd LP from the “three men of Willowdale”, Rush.

Hindsight shows this record to be a pivotal point in the band’s development, building on the idea of longer pieces that began on the previous album Fly By Night, and fully realized on their next and very successful disc 2112.

This would be the second album the band released in 1975. It was not a commercial success.
Album sales at the time were down for them with this one, and there was fear the band would be dropped by their record label. The subsequent American gigs were referred to by the band as the “down the tubes tour”. The future looked bleak. The band’s manager was able to talk the label into giving the band one more shot at a successful LP and the resulting record in ‘76 called 2112 gave Rush their first big success. They would continue to enjoy it for the next 40 years.

So what’s wrong with this record? Nothing really. It was actually a very ambitious endeavor for them.
Geddy Lee would say decades later that they were pretty high when they made this record. You can tell!
It contains the excellent “Bastille Day “ and the fan favorite “Lakeside Park”. Their early fan base may not have been ready for the 12-1/2 minute “The Necromancer”, or the 20 minute side-long epic tale of “The Fountain of Lamneth”, but again, looking back, this is actually a very good, If perhaps misunderstood album. I love it. Always have.

I’m gonna roll up a jay of Sweet Thai and enjoy the epic scope of this disc. Heady stuff!
The album and the bud!

1BBC0064-9240-4E17-B4F8-42252859D4DE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom