Snoop Dogg Tour Bus Pulled Over; 2 Arrested

Johnny

DALLAS (AP) – A tour bus carrying hip-hop artist Snoop Dogg was pulled over and two people were arrested on marijuana possession charges Thursday a few hours before a concert in Dallas, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety said.

DPS spokesman Charlie Morgan said members of a commercial vehicle inspection team pulled the bus over on Interstate 45 in Corsicana because the vehicle had an expired registration sticker. Troopers searched the bus for drugs after they said they smelled marijuana and found two ounces of the drug, he said.

Ethan Calhoun, 27, and Kevin Barkey, 26, were arrested on drug charges after admitting the drugs belonged to them, Morgan told The Associated Press. Both men were taken to the Navarro County Jail and face fines of up to $2,000 and six months in jail if convicted, Morgan said. Bond was set at $1,500 each.

The Corsicana Daily Sun reported the men appeared before a justice of the peace and were released after posting bond.

Snoop Dogg, whose birth name is Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr., was not arrested. His agent had no comment, a secretary said. Calls to public relations representatives for the rapper were not immediately returned Thursday evening.

He was arrested last year at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, Calif., on suspicion of transporting marijuana.

Police later charged him with gun possession after finding a firearm in his home. He pleaded no contest in April 2007 to felony gun and marijuana charges and agreed to five years' probation and 800 hours of community service.

He was scheduled to appear at a concert near the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. He is on tour with alternative rock group 311.

Corsicana is 52 miles south-southeast of Dallas.

Newshawk: JohnnyPotSmoker: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Associated Press
Copyright: 2008 The Associated Press
Website: The Associated Press: Snoop Dogg tour bus pulled over; 2 arrested

Yep Boss, that guys history fo sho!

The days of protect and serve are over! The era of, “To Punish and Enslave” is in full swing. I am 60 and I remember when cops were viewed as public servants and fear was not the first think to come to mind when you saw a cop following you. Now they are trained to be like vultures and heaven forbid they should smell marijuana from last night or from a friend you just dropped off. You will be grounded cuffed and put in jail your car will be impounded. Most people today living paycheck to paycheck cannot pay the expenses of our so-called legal system. So as many before them they cannot afford to be protected by our laws and end up in jail for being non affluent.

I for one feel our representatives are the ones that should be put in jail. They continue to fight what I call, War on the American People! For personal gain or some inbred religious bull shit, they continue to put us in jail. The reason, we feel like we are Americans and live in the land of the free. It is still hard for me to understand if I am hurting no one and minding my own business why I should be put in jail? But our representatives driven by power and money sacrifice us as unimportant, a cost of doing business. If the PAC money were to stop tomorrow do you think they would still have the same motivation for putting us in jail? Polls indicate up to 76% of Americans feel the drug war is wrong and they want the government to stop putting us in jail. But as long as we allow the system we have where our politicians are bought and paid for with PAC money. They will vote with the money and continue to sacrifice us and take the money.

I feel for Snoop he seems like a kind man and loving father he is a financial success and I am sure pays big money in the form of taxes, to live in this land of the free. I do not believe the story the cops tell. I feel things like the Puff Puff Pass tour among other things made him a target. Our FED Nazi’s want to put him in jail like Chong to make him an example. To me it is another case of DWB driving while black! Plus Snoop may feel like me if I want to smoke some herb because it helps me content with my situation better. Why do the FEDS and our so-called representatives feel they have the right to put me in jail? As I always say follow the money it will tell the story.

Vote Obama he is not accepting any corporate or PAC money in his campaign, if elected he will owe only the American people and it is time we took our country back!

Back
Top Bottom