Snoop429 Super Awesome 420 Soilless - Big Bang Auto - Mars 900W - Virgin Grow

I had 1 seed pop out last night but still has its shell on. Moisture was a lot better today in the plugs. Tops were dry in 60% of plugs but moisture is still good in the bottom 80%. I decided not to water theses but will check on them in 5 hours.

Bag#1 was watered with GO seedling rate.

Humidity was 48% after the dark period. Hi/LO temp today was 28.2c/17.7c Adjusted humidity to try to get it too 60%

Its been a few days and did a couple of things today so here is the update.

Bag1 got a nice water full of nutes, week 2 General Organic. Everything seems good Day 11.
Bag1_Day_.jpg

Only had 4 of the 20 seeds pop so far. These got transplanted into 1 Litter pots. I haven't given up on the rest of those seeds yet. Time will tell. These guys also got a 1/2 strength nutes.
plnats1.jpeg

Humidity had been mostly staying in the 52-60% range. Temps are in the 25.5c/18 range. The exhaust fan hasn't been running as much during the day sense I put the humidifier in there. I turned it up a bit for get more air flow. Im thinking of switching the light to the LED in 7 days. That will give the youngest 9 days up.

Just checked on the plants. With the increase in fan speed the temperature has dropped to 23.7c and humidity is 48%. There is another seed getting close to breaking through.

Good Afternoon,

I haven't been able to check on them today. They wont be up for another few hours. There are some questions/concerns posted at the end of this entry.

I have 2 pictures that are from yesterday. This one is of Bag#1 Day 14. There is a little bit of deformity on the first set of leaves. Also showing a couple small tips of brown. Not sure about leaf issue, may it have been caused by the shell staying on and I had to remove it after 24 hours. Tips im guessing is a tad of fert burn. The 4th set is starting to grow. I'll review some methods and top of FIM when time is right.
20150120_191847.jpg

And here we have a shot of the family
20150120_191754.jpg

When you have a plan that goes form A-Z and not a lot in between. Its easy to get distracted or think about different ways to get there. I do feel that I treated the seeds well this time around and that they are of LOW quality. i guess this will be proven on the next grove when I have some quality seeds again. The new plan for this grow is to take what I have now. Grow everything in the same way. I'm really hoping for 3-4 girls and see how it goes.

My biggest concern at this point is the environment.

-Im still running the T5 for a few more days so until I get the LED in there its hard to get a good idea on how temps and air exchange is going to work. Over the last few days at lights out RH has been between 40-49% 22.8-24.1c and at lights on 50-59% 17.8-18.1c. I have seen the high temp reach 25.4c This usually happens 1.5-2 hours after the lights come on and the fan hasn't been on.

Should I be concerned with the fluctuation in humidity? The unit is made for a medium size room. It does well but don't think it can keep up when the temps are near the higher end and the fan is running. I may run it to more problems when the big light goes in. I'm seriously considering and Titan Saturn 5 controller to help get the humidity more balanced but this may also mean upgrading my current Humidifier to a larger unit.

How much air exchange is need during the light phase? I was under the impression that the fan would always run even if at a very low speed with the controller. This is not the case. The fan will stay off for about 1.5-2 hours when the lights first come on an will shut off at different times during the light phase. Every time the fan shuts off you loss negative pressure leaving odors and inside environment to mix with the outside environment through the air intake. Its not an issue now but could be with a room full of scented flowers. Again this could change with the main light, more heat, fan runs more regularly. But you will always have the fan off period when lights come on till temps rise.

Adding Co2. If I add the controller next step is the Co2. With Co2 running during the light hours would you adjust your fan controller to run at higher temps so its on only occasionally during this period. and if so does the lack of fresh air over this 18 hour period a concern? I guess the controller would keep the Rh in check and fans would run before it gets to hot. I haven't read anything yet that explains how the whole system runs together but im sure Id figure it out when I have all the components are ready.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dude. Room temps in veg lights on-80° off-70
RH-60% lights on or off

In flower 75° lights on (strain dependant at times), could be closer to 80
RH 50% lights on or off (again, strain dependant)

Never!!! touch the tap root...with anything! Never!! uncover a planted seed! Forget the ph adjusted water for seeds! Put seed in water in a shot glass...tap, spring, distilled...all these are just fine..it doesnt matter! Cover the glass with something blacked out for 24 hrs! Dont uncover til after 24 hrs!!! Put the cup with the seed on your cable box. Its always warm on your cable box. After 24 hrs, check the seed...is it slightly cracked? If not, let go for another 24. Once cracked, prepare your soil...or whatever. Put some medium in a container. Soak it with good water (not tap...unless you bubbled out the chlorine/chloramine) let it drain. Poke a hole 1/2" deep with a pen/pencil. Add micorhizae (or however its spelled). Let it set for a minute. Put the seed in the hole...DONT TOUCH THE SEED!!! Let it come out of the cup on a drop of water. Let it fall as it is...DONT MESS WITH THE SEED! Take one little chunk of dirt and plug the hole...no packing, tamping or jamming lol. Put the cup in a cozy dark place and wait for the magic to happen. Listen to others if you want...I havent killed a bean since someone told me all what I just told you...good luck bro!!!:)

Your leaf damage may be either from mechanical damage, genetic abnormality or pH fluctuation. You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flower. You want at least 5x per hour air exchange minimum for proper ventilation. May people who supplement CO2 run closed a grow area during the lights on phase heat and humidity aside.

Here is a Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer that is in use in several of my Grow Journal and Reviews. You simply extend the sensor where you wish to have the area monitored and program the Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer to your desired range. The Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer can be used to control either a humidifier or dehumidifier.

(Click on the photograph for a direct link to the product)

https://sunlightsupply.com Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer

The Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer can control a fan, either a humidifier or dehumidifier and control CO2.

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Dude. Room temps in veg lights on-80° off-70
RH-60% lights on or off

In flower 75° lights on (strain dependant at times), could be closer to 80
RH 50% lights on or off (again, strain dependant)

Never!!! touch the tap root...with anything! Never!! uncover a planted seed! Forget the ph adjusted water for seeds! Put seed in water in a shot glass...tap, spring, distilled...all these are just fine..it doesnt matter! Cover the glass with something blacked out for 24 hrs! Dont uncover til after 24 hrs!!! Put the cup with the seed on your cable box. Its always warm on your cable box. After 24 hrs, check the seed...is it slightly cracked? If not, let go for another 24. Once cracked, prepare your soil...or whatever. Put some medium in a container. Soak it with good water (not tap...unless you bubbled out the chlorine/chloramine) let it drain. Poke a hole 1/2" deep with a pen/pencil. Add micorhizae (or however its spelled). Let it set for a minute. Put the seed in the hole...DONT TOUCH THE SEED!!! Let it come out of the cup on a drop of water. Let it fall as it is...DONT MESS WITH THE SEED! Take one little chunk of dirt and plug the hole...no packing, tamping or jamming lol. Put the cup in a cozy dark place and wait for the magic to happen. Listen to others if you want...I havent killed a bean since someone told me all what I just told you...good luck bro!!!:)

Thanks Srubby, I appreciate the advice. Im going to try a few more bag seeds after my Rapid Rooter Mat shows up.

I switched out the light today. Everything is under the Mars 2 900w. I also turned the fan control down so its running constantly. I want to see how hot its going to get and if the humidifier can keep up with the airflow. I would like to get this environment dialed in without having to buy a controller if possible.

Bag#1 got a water today. It was a little weaker this time around added enough nutrients for 1 L but had closer to 1.4L in the jug. The others plants still seem moist and might need another couple days before there dry.

Best piece of advice bro...get your environment locked on. The difference between good cannabis and epic cannabis is the environment :)

Oh, I saw your post in one of DocBuds threads. Ive been growing with the kit for over a year. His cannabis looks like it does because of #1 the kit #2 his environment. Keep going bro! Have a great weekend :)

OK, I took a few pictures yesterday to show you whats going on. They were taken when the lights came on and I was getting ready to water everything with General Organics. I bottom feed the plants.

This plant is the oldest Day 19. It does have a few issues. It didn't perk back up after it was watered yesterday. I figured that it could be root bound so it was replanted into the same 1 Litters the others are in this morning. I was hoping to wait and replant everything at the same time and go into the 1 or 3 gallon. I wont use these cups in the future. There is also some damage on 2 leaves at the very bottom. Could it be related to the small cup/root bound? Almost looks like something is eating the leaves but its the only plant and cant find any sign of insects. I first noticed these holes a couple days ago.

Bag_1_Day_19.jpg

These 2 are both 11 days old. They are showing some light green color on some leaves. Could this be a magnesium deficiency? If so I will add a little more Cal/Meg on the next water or would you just water it in now?

Bag_3_Day_11.jpg

Bag_2_Day_11.jpg

and now for the real winners! Also day 11 These will be heading to the compost pile at some point.

Bag_5_Runt.jpg

This one I thought was interesting. The original leaves never separated and are growing like a little cup. Then you have the first set of leaves growing out with a stunted set in the middle.

Bag_4_Day_11.jpg

Out of the 5 plants that I had going I'm basically down to three. These are not nice bag seeds that you find from time to time. I believe that they are from Ontario outdoor. This area is know more for oil and hash then nice nugs. With only 3 left it doesn't give me good odds for 3 girls. That said my environment has been getting better. I added a space heater outside the tent near the intake. The exhaust was on 98% of the light period and had temps of 25c/77f. During the dark lows were 20c/68f. Humidity is still unstable and is fluctuating between 40-60%. I'm considering getting another humidifier.

if u transplanted sometimes they take a day or so to bounce back,dont over think it.i did not like bb when i did them i had trouble to.like other guy get ur enviroment as stable asu can.40/60 percent isnt horrid but should b at 60 at least if u candont fret it yet.somemes u hurt them more with stress dont overfeed:goodluck::peacetwo:b off till tommorow,

The plant in your first photograph may be root bound and require transplanting. To check the roots of your plant place one hand supporting the stem of the plant and invert the pot, tap on the bottom of the pot to help separate the medium from the pot and remove the pot to inspect the plants roots. I transplant the Rapid Rooter cube into 5" pots, from 5" pots to 1 gallon size pots and from 1 gallon size pots to either 3 gallon or 5 gallon size pots. I do not believe that your plants in your second and third photographs are displaying a magnesium deficiency.

Time for an update.

The 2 runts were disposed of. Down to 3. Bag#1 is 29 days from seed and Bag#2 and 3 are 19 days. They were all transplanted 3 days ago into 3 gallon pots. Bag#2 and 3 seem to be adapting well but #1 is still a little droopy. Fingers are crossed that I start seeing girls in the next few days. Temps are coming in around 25.4c day and 20.2c night. Humidity in the 60% day and as high as 70% at night. All in all things are good. Bag#2 and #3 are in the front with Bag#1 in the back.

Family_Shot_Day_19-29b.jpg

Family_Shot_19-29_days.jpg

just keep at it,some few years ago i had a hell of a time with big bang,truthfully i would find a diffrent strain.u want easy auto,i will have to get the name but its a white widow auto from,im going to look it up b right back.there called white dwarf from buddah seeds good smoke not that hard to grow.:grinjoint::passitleft::allgood::rollit::peace:

The Bag Ladies (at least I hope there ladies) were transplanted into 5 gal pots today. Its only been 8 days since the last transplant but I wanted to get them into there final pot so they can be switched over to the flower cycle in a week or so. They all got trimmed just a little bit off of the bottom. If needed they will get some more after the stretch. I was actually really surprised on the amount of roots that were starting to wrap around the bottom of the pot in such a short period of time.

This is bag#1. I just noticed today that some of the leaves, mostly near the top were folding up like a taco. I dropped the light a few days ago to see how close I could get it and I guess it was to close. Its been moved back up.
Bag_1.jpg

This is a shot of Bag#2. I think its looking good but should have taken the pic when it was under the normal light. Bag#3 also looks very similar. They did not show any signs of heat stress that I could see.

Bag_21.jpg

Temps have been in the 68-77 range (night/day) and RH 70-60 (Night/day) but has dropped down as low as 45-50 for maybe a few hours if the humidifier isnt topped off in time.

Weekly Update: Time for Flower and Do these leaves look ok?

I was planing on going to 12/12 starting tomorrow but when I was checking them out this morning I noticed that some of the newer growth wasn't looking as nice as I would like. Some of the leaves look like they're a little twisted. Not sure on what would cause that. Hopefully you can see it in the photo. I could let them go for another week if need be so there in better shape. They are about to get some water and fertilizer tonight so maybe there just a little thirsty. Thanks have a good one.

20150214_095648.jpg

Back
Top Bottom