So Angry!

Scottsquatch

I was watching a weed documentary about how us "criminals" are dealt with by the law. Right away I had to turn it off due to the rage I was feeling. A swat team busts down a family's door at 8:30 in the evening on a tip that the man had marijauna. So 8 guys storm in there and shoot the dog right in front of the kids and then point their weapons at them! WTF PEOPLE! Dude ended up having a bowl and less than an ounce of weed in the house. I am a combat veteran and suffer from severe PTSD. I get angry and I am a grump, but one thing above ALL ELSE in this world pisses me off. Injustice. A person or group of people being hung out to dry, abused, falsely accused. Anything truly unfair basically. Well lemme tell you... this pissed me the fuck off. I hate to say that I got so angry that I started thinking like I did in the heat of a firefight. I relished the thought of killing those men. I thought that I would love to do it with my bare hands. I felt myself going to a dark place. I felt like I did in the war. I had to turn that off. I am feeling a bit better now after smoking a small bowl, but I really needed to vent. Thanks for that my friends. I still cant believe how they villanize cannabis and those who use it. What the hell is wrong with our government. Smfh.

I was watching a weed documentary about how us "criminals" are dealt with by the law. Right away I had to turn it off due to the rage I was feeling. A swat team busts down a family's door at 8:30 in the evening on a tip that the man had marijauna. So 8 guys storm in there and shoot the dog right in front of the kids and then point their weapons at them! WTF PEOPLE! Dude ended up having a bowl and less than an ounce of weed in the house. I am a combat veteran and suffer from severe PTSD. I get angry and I am a grump, but one thing above ALL ELSE in this world pisses me off. Injustice. A person or group of people being hung out to dry, abused, falsely accused. Anything truly unfair basically. Well lemme tell you... this pissed me the fuck off. I hate to say that I got so angry that I started thinking like I did in the heat of a firefight. I relished the thought of killing those men. I thought that I would love to do it with my bare hands. I felt myself going to a dark place. I felt like I did in the war. I had to turn that off. I am feeling a bit better now after smoking a small bowl, but I really needed to vent. Thanks for that my friends. I still cant believe how they villanize cannabis and those who use it. What the hell is wrong with our government. Smfh.

It's the militarization of our police. The "old days" of having a "Peace Officer" are long gone! :rolleyes:

If you really want to get pissed off, checkout this post from a few weeks ago:

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/warning-disturbing-video.458743/

I agree cops can get out of hand at times. I am in a really shitty spot. While I see growing and smoking as fine. That doesn't mean it is right for everyone and in every situation. Lots of my thinking isn't on the free stuff and do what you want side.

In the cops defence. Which has to be considered no matter what, like it or not.

They are going into a place they think criminal activity is happening. Which criminals are in that house they just can't be sure of. It could be a guy with a few plants under his stairs. It could also be thugs with guns that could care less for others. If they go in playing small ball they could get killed easily if they are wrong. If anyone of us were to be in that situation we would go in ready for anything.

Where growing is illegal it is a crime. Growing there makes you a criminal. You can't bitch about being treated like a criminal if you are one. No I don't like it and lots of others don't either. That is the way things are right now.

It is really easy to show how cops screw up. Video is everywhere now. It is harder to show all the good they do. Don't fool yourself there are lots of good cops out there too.

I know how it can be to enter a building with potential bad guys. I did it every day for a yr. I also understand because before the war I was actually studying criminal justice on top of my biology degree. I am familiar with what law enforcement can face. It still didnt make me feel good to see. When we would raid a building in Iraq, I went in hot, ready for anything. That is true. But I never shot a family's dog for barking at me from across the room and I sure as shit didnt rough a man up and use excessive force when they offered no resistance and were nothing but compliant. What that swat team did was total bullshit. Also, dont you think that sometimes civil disobedience is needed? This is medicine to many people. We should have the right to take our health into our own hands. I dunno what to say. A heated issue to be sure.

Another thing I would like to mention. I can't watch any of those cop shows. Watching people get arrested is a little to close for comfort to me. Plus all you get to see is someone's day going to shit.

There are other videos like this as well. Usually the folks at home getting hurt, sometimes the police. They’ve been having a free-for-all in CA for some time. No Knock warrants are incredibly dangerous and unnecessary in most cases outside of war. I was raised to be honest and trust Law Enforcement. I’m taking a different approach to how I guide my children with police encounters. I truly wonder how things will be in another generation.

I agree cops can get out of hand at times. I am in a really shitty spot. While I see growing and smoking as fine. That doesn't mean it is right for everyone and in every situation. Lots of my thinking isn't on the free stuff and do what you want side.

In the cops defence. Which has to be considered no matter what, like it or not.

They are going into a place they think criminal activity is happening. Which criminals are in that house they just can't be sure of. It could be a guy with a few plants under his stairs. It could also be thugs with guns that could care less for others. If they go in playing small ball they could get killed easily if they are wrong. If anyone of us were to be in that situation we would go in ready for anything.

Where growing is illegal it is a crime. Growing there makes you a criminal. You can't bitch about being treated like a criminal if you are one. No I don't like it and lots of others don't either. That is the way things are right now.

It is really easy to show how cops screw up. Video is everywhere now. It is harder to show all the good they do. Don't fool yourself there are lots of good cops out there too.
You make a good point and I agree with it to some extent what I was doing was illegal but I was not selling it I was growing it from my own medicinal purposes I have a sleeping disorder and more metal in my leg the most cars. So if trying to get a little quality of life back makes me a criminal I guess I am. I think you might have a different opinion if it ever happens to you let's hope not.

Everything is always worse when it happens to you. I understand better than you may think.

There are lots of us doing nothing more than what you were doing. I totally agree there should be nothing wrong with that. It is a shitty world sometimes on things like this.

My biggest point here is on respect for police. I personally know lots of good cops. I have met a bad one or 2 for sure. It is one of the only places in life I see a reason for respect without it being earned. I deserve no one's respect that I don't earn. People nowadays think respect is something that you just get. IT IS EARNED NOT GIVEN. Being respectful to others is a whole different thing. That should be a given but it isn't. You can be respectful to someone you don't respect. Truth be told we all should do it all the time. Shows character.

Police officers are one thing that should at least start as a respected level. I am not saying it can be lost. Most cops will earn that respect every day. If they prove that respect isn't deserved than they should be gone. We are seeing a society nowadays that has no respect for the badge at all anymore. Cops have been seen as the bad guys for so long they are treated worse than the criminals themselves. Pulling a gun on a cop used to be stupid now they do it all the time. Trust me where this is going is not going to be pretty.

Yes I know they would arrest me in a heartbeat. It is there job. My job is to not get arrested. People forget all the murders, rapist, child molesters, and other scum off our streets.

I just recently read that WHO (World Health Organization) is planning on moving marijuana from schedule 1, where it is grouped in with heroin and LSD, and move it to be a schedule 4. Ambien, Xanax, most anti depressants, even Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is a schedule 4 technically. So there's movement in the right direction. Just at a snail's pace.

Everything is always worse when it happens to you. I understand better than you may think.

There are lots of us doing nothing more than what you were doing. I totally agree there should be nothing wrong with that. It is a shitty world sometimes on things like this.

My biggest point here is on respect for police. I personally know lots of good cops. I have met a bad one or 2 for sure. It is one of the only places in life I see a reason for respect without it being earned. I deserve no one's respect that I don't earn. People nowadays think respect is something that you just get. IT IS EARNED NOT GIVEN. Being respectful to others is a whole different thing. That should be a given but it isn't. You can be respectful to someone you don't respect. Truth be told we all should do it all the time. Shows character.

Police officers are one thing that should at least start as a respected level. I am not saying it can be lost. Most cops will earn that respect every day. If they prove that respect isn't deserved than they should be gone. We are seeing a society nowadays that has no respect for the badge at all anymore. Cops have been seen as the bad guys for so long they are treated worse...

I used to feel almost the same way. I used to defend police and excuse poor behavior with, well they have to deal with shit all day. They do cop stuff, I do outlaw stuff blah blah blah.

Then I watched people get blown away in their own home over a fruitless hunch that turned up nothing. I have seen cops get shot over their eagerness to storm a home when simply surrounding the home and waiting achieved the desired result. I have followed the story of a homeless man beaten to death just a couple cities away from me. Beaten to death with a fist, his face turned into a pumpkin over a personal beef, the cop walks free. I could go on and on but like you said, it’s different when it happens to you. And this is what I have experienced that I edited out of my original responce.

I had my non-profit paper work and was part of a collective. I have been robbed by police at gun point
for somewhere around 10lbs of dried flower—although it’s impossible for me to say exact—and not charged with the crime of possession. I have had police burst into a legal grow op, throw our paperwork onto the roof, and then proceed to bust everyone as if they were just dudes growing pot. Didn’t even make the local papers. I’m always respectful to police. I was raised to be. Plus, I don’t want to invite a beating or get shot. It didn’t matter, they felt like they had the right to victimize me and my partners because of the business, how vulnerable we were, and a belief that it’s ok for them to break the law because enough of the public buys into the bullshit that they deserve our respect and if they go a little over the edge, “those people” probably deserved it. I didn’t. We didn’t. In my case, a whole team of around a dozen LEO’s knowingly lied, falsified evidence, tossed two felonies my way, and/or remained silent while watching what was going on. They tried and failed very hard to make it too expensive for me to make bail. This was all supported by a DA that played games for the two years it took me to get this dismissed, probably in the hopes that we’d run out of lawyer money or screw up and get arrested. I have noted little difference between how the police and organized crime operate minus LEOs generally get much greater public support. We tend to give them the benefit of the doubt even when the red flags are waving in our face.

I don’t think a cop deserves respect because he’s a cop. If a person can’t handle someone being rude and disrespectful then they should find a different profession. That’s like being a bartender that cant handle being around drunk people. Society and how we engage each other is a reflection of us and our values. LEO’s are just as guilty if not more so, for the disconnect between the people, themselves and the lack of respect going both ways. This problem will only get worse until both sides realize that we should be on the same team.

I live rural (and in a legal State) and cops are our neighbors, so we treat each other with respect. When I was younger and lived in more urban areas I had mostly bad cop stories. Moving to where I am now has improved my, and my family's, life in so many ways.

I love the anonymity of city living but at some point it just gets nasty.
My personal experience was that with anonymity comes lack of personal responsibility....I don't know you, so fck you. You think long and hard here before you mistreat somebody because you will see them around soon enough.

My default position for any officer, veteran, or other first responder is that of respect for both the position and respect for anyone willing to put their lives on the line to protect the public.

We place a great amount of trust in these people, up to the point of giving them guns and allowing them to use lethal force, when necessary. However, we also trust them to live by a specific code and set of rules. If they can't be trusted to follow those rules, along with a loss of respect for the individual person (NOT the position!) should be the loss of their ability be in that position of trust.
:Namaste:

We should hold the defenders and protectors of society in higher regard and with greater respect. They do a damn hard job at times, and they put their lives on the line. The issue is that a cop is not good simply because they are a cop (they are not evil because they are a cop either). We need to look at the individual's (police) behaviour rather than just looking at the uniform and badge. Once upon a time police were there to serve and protect the people, and years ago we could have asked police for help, but their job has changed and they are now predominately law enforcement, militarized law enforcement, enforcing laws (which means serving and protecting the people is no longer the highest priority). The police force (please note the 'force' part) now hires and trains people for that "respect my authoritah and do everything I say because I'm the Law or get a beat down" mentality, which is the perfect position for someone with a chip on their shoulder or a sociopath who likes to exercise and enforce their power over other people, and when it comes to the police uniform that also includes the full force and backing and immunity of the police and state (the Police State).

If you want the simple nerdy Dungeons & Dragons morality explanation, police should morally represent Lawful Good, because they should enforce the law while respecting and protecting innocent life. The issue is that the System and police force have as a whole mostly (though certainly not all) shifted to a Lawful Evil alignment as they enforce the law and hurt, oppress, or kill for fun or for profit while doing it (civil asset forfeiture laws are a perfect example). Those at the top running the System (the rule of law) have managed to convince the people that what is good is 'law' (and what is legal) is what is bad/evil is 'chaos' (and what is illegal), which is how you get a system where people who grow or consume an incredibly healing plant (cannabis) are seen as the criminals and bad guys because the law (specifically those who write the laws) say cannabis is illegal because it's bad (or bad because it's illegal), while the cops who kick down doors and shoot pets and throw grenades in babies cribs to arrest people for growing or smoking a plant are painted as the good guys because they are upholding and enforcing the law.

This is a really hard subject with this crowd. Everyone's experiences are different and their views on the subject will reflect that.

It is not the cops, politicians, or the outlaws to blame. It is human nature. People will abuse and take advantage of everything. Power, greed and a lot of other factors fuel this even more.

I am not sure what is worse. Human nature itself or trying to change human nature. Both have their consequences.

Back
Top Bottom