So glad to be here!

Dresney

Hello! I've been lurking for a bit and have finally overcome my shyness long enough to make my first post.

I've been using cannabis off and on for nearly 20 years. The off times were not my choice, but restraints applied by life (you know how it is - moving, school, work, etc).

This chapter in my life is especially exciting because, for the first time, my husband is supportive of my cannabis use and has agreed to let me try my hand at growing my own. This is a huge turnaround for him, as he grew up in Texas, where the laws are strict and he's seen people punished harshly for having small amounts of it. Thankfully, we don't live there anymore and over time he's come to appreciate that cannabis improves my life in many ways. While he'll never join me in my favorite activity, he understands I'm a happier, more complete person with it.

That being said, I've never grown, but I'm collecting information to set up my first grow. I must admit I'm a bit intimidated and a little overwhelmed -so much to learn. Right now I'm trying to figure out the method that appeals most to me, and then I'm going to start gathering equipment. Hopefully, I'll have some babies going within a month or so.

In the meantime, I'll be here absorbing all the information I can. I know little about cannabis, except that I love it. Also, now that I can be more open about it, I'm looking for ways to become involved in the push for legalization.

Ok, I'm going to stop my rambling and go back to reading the grow journals. A big thanks to everyone here who has provided this wealth of information. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Hi Lady,

It's always nice to meet another lady grower so good luck with everything. I'm sure you'll find all the help you need here as have I, as well as a wealth of knowledge from all the great people willing to share.

Just take it a step a time and you'll get there. Mistakes will be made. Plants will grow anyway.

Take care and nice to meet you. Keep in touch. :circle-of-love:

This community welcomes anyone who loves MJ and wants t learn. Ive only joined this year and the growers have been so helpful and willing to spend time that it makes me proud to be a part of this place. :):)

Hi Dresney and welcome! I'm also one of those who have lurked, read. & learned...lol. I don't partake but grow for the hubby...kind of opposite your situation, :) My first grow was soil, using bagseed cause I'm just not comfortable ordering seed online. I have a hydro grow in process now....very interesting for me, as I also grow many of my own veggies and am thinking about doing those hydroponically as well! Anyway, good luck to you in whichever medium you decide upon :)

Hi, Nockestona! Thanks for the welcome. I'm a little surprised my husband is going along with this. He has even helped me with some of the lighting/electrial questions I've had. I guess he figures aside from the initial investment, it'll be much cheaper in the long run. Also, he said he *might* try some of the different strains I grow. (I doubt he's ever had a sativa.) He got major paranoia the few times in his life he's smoked, but I think that's from his Texas blood :laughtwo:

I'm going the same route as your first time. I've got most of my grow area set up, and I'm going with organic soil and bagseed my first go-round. I did order some seeds, but they probably won't arrive for awhile (but fingers crossed that they arrive at all!). I'm germing a few bagseeds now and hopefully they'll be in some dirt tomorrow. I'm still trying to figure out what I need to add to my soil... there's such an abundance of information that it's hard to figure out the best route.

I'm so intimidated by hydro growing. I'm going to get a few soil grows under my belt to get a feel for what the plants should look/smell/feel like and then maybe I'll work up the courage to try something more advanced.

I can't wait to start my first journal!

Hi Dresney.

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of folks extending you a warm and sincere welcome. Like you I read endlessly before starting my first grow and it paid dividends in avoiding a few of the more predictable newbie mistakes. Of course I just made the less predictable mistakes in their place :laughtwo: but all turned out well in end as I suspect and hope it will for you.

It's awesome that your husband is supporting your interest in, and efforts toward, growing your own smoke. I'm glad you took a moment to make your introduction and look forward to following along in journal should you decide to share one with us.

Be well and happy growing!

Thanks, TanR. I'm really nervous about my first grow. I think I was even using reading/research as an excuse to keep putting off starting the actual grow. :rofl:

I think I'm at a point now that I've absorbed enough information to get some seeds into some dirt with some lights. After that I'm going to start my journal and hope all you growing vets take pity on me and offer some pearls of wisdom along the way :adore:

Dresney,

I think you'll be amazed at how supportive and involved this community will be. I understand your hesitancy in getting started as there is so much information on this site that it can seem a little overwhelming.

Have faith in your own common sense and life experiences and your grow will succeed. Do you have experience with house plants, a garden, or even annuals in the yard? If so then growing cannabis can honestly be pretty much as simple as that. All the "special" things we do are more to ensure a larger yield, or better taste, or stronger end product but the plant we love is weed that has grown in the wild unattended for thousands if not ten of thousands of years.

I'll watch for your journal and will definitely follow along to offer at least moral support if nothing more substantive.

Yes, I do have several houseplants that I've managed to keep alive for years. I think that, along with reading a lot of the beginner mistakes have led to me to the conclusion to just keep it simple. This first attempt is with old bagseed, so even if I get nothing out of it except experience, I'll be happy :blushsmile:

Welcome! I am new here also and loving it! Enjoy!

Hi and Welcome I am also a newb :)

Hi Dresney and welcome! I'm also one of those who have lurked, read. & learned...lol. I don't partake but grow for the hubby...kind of opposite your situation, :) My first grow was soil, using bagseed cause I'm just not comfortable ordering seed online. I have a hydro grow in process now....very interesting for me, as I also grow many of my own veggies and am thinking about doing those hydroponically as well! Anyway, good luck to you in whichever medium you decide upon :)

Yes, I do have several houseplants that I've managed to keep alive for years. I think that, along with reading a lot of the beginner mistakes have led to me to the conclusion to just keep it simple. This first attempt is with old bagseed, so even if I get nothing out of it except experience, I'll be happy :blushsmile:
I welcome all of you to the 420 community. Here everyone is a student/teacher. There's no hierarchy. The most experienced seasoned Growers will take the time to help the greenest of Growers & the older members are not above learning from newer members.

I guarantee you'll find this to be a class A site.

I guarantee you'll find this to be a class A site.

There are some non-MJ forums I've visited for years, but have never signed up just because the community seems very competitive and a bit high-handed at times. So far I've seen nothing but encouragement and cordialness here. There is a sense of camaraderie that I've picked up on in my short time here. It's what perked me into jumping right in... so thanks for being so welcoming :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom