So how much does your electricity cost you?

dropabob

Well got my electrical bill the other day and the wife just about blew a gasket. Of course it was a lot but didnt think much of it. ANyway, round she goes how its my 'stuff' that is running up the bill, although i had never done any real investigating into the electrical cost of running a small setup, i just assumed it couldnt be much. Anyway, after getting my costs from electric co. and figuring a 2 light setup, one veg, one bloom, with 2 carbon fans, its costing me almost a $100 a month for usuage, and delivery. Wow, i think that is very high, what do you got? what type of setup are you running for the cost? is it worth it?

Thoughts?

Try to use more of your power after 9 pm, most companies charge less for power off peak hours.

good thought, i looked mine is like .05 for the first K per day and then .07896 for the remainder of the day so no benifit to day or night running? thanks though. how much is yours costing you to run your setup?

When you state two light setup what kind of lights and how lon are they on for? And where are you located cause electricity is diffrenct form state to state.

Mine doubled from $45 to $90 for a 1000w setup with accesories. Not too bad. The power company did show up a couple months ago to check the meter out. I just told them I had started using the electric furnace because I was having trouble getting firewood for my wood stove.

After switching from HPS to LED, my electrical demands dropped to only around $1700.00 per month! Being on an electrical cooperative sucks beyond belief!

After switching from HPS to LED, my electrical demands dropped to only around $1700.00 per month! Being on an electrical cooperative sucks beyond belief!
I guess I should add that’s running around 40 lights in flower and around 50 in veg. Still, the biggest mistake was not realizing an electric coop can pull rates out of hat, and apparently a cannabis hat seems to mean pay dirt for them.

Back
Top Bottom