So i have fed my plants with a pretty complete formula

doughboy79

This question is for you older experienced growers that have been doing this for a while, I talked to my local horticulture shop owner about what to use and he sold me on this regimen of nutrients i purchased them and have been using them through out the flowering cycle (almost done with the first month) and Ive noticed slight curling in the tips of the plants, i am assuming this could be over fertilization in its early stage (before the burnt tips start) maybe i am wrong, in what dosage should i use the following nutrients and is there anything i am missing? here is the list

1. Botanicare's Pure Blend 1.5-4-5 . 15 Milliliters a gallon *the recommended dosage is 30 milliliters i.e an ounce but the owner said to dilute it to about a half dosage.
2.B Cuz PK 13/14,0-13-14 at 4.5 milliliters a gallon
3.Botanicare's Liquid Karma .1-.1-.5 at 2.25 teaspoons per gallon
4.big bud (i lost the packaging i only have the sample package but i wrote down that it takes 1/8th of a teaspoon of the powder per gallon)

So far i implement this regimine about once a week, i water every other day with 2 gallons of water for 3 5 gallon containers (about 3 quarts per plant)
is this on par with other regimens? am i lacking any nutes that i should be aware of? or perhaps over implementing any? what about other additives i could be using? like fulvic acids and what not? my next question is about the application of foilar sprays on top of the fertilization? does that sound feasible, like compost teas? i don't want to overload my babies with more than they can handle, but i want them to be happy as can be so they can make their daddy (actually Daddies ?) proud. Again any kind of feedback is super appreciated.

This question is for you older experienced growers that have been doing this for a while, I talked to my local horticulture shop owner about what to use and he sold me on this regimen of nutrients i purchased them and have been using them through out the flowering cycle (almost done with the first month) and Ive noticed slight curling in the tips of the plants, i am assuming this could be over fertilization in its early stage (before the burnt tips start) maybe i am wrong, in what dosage should i use the following nutrients and is there anything i am missing? here is the list

1. Botanicare's Pure Blend 1.5-4-5 . 15 Milliliters a gallon *the recommended dosage is 30 milliliters i.e an ounce but the owner said to dilute it to about a half dosage.
4.big bud (i lost the packaging i only have the sample package but i wrote down that it takes 1/8th of a teaspoon of the powder per gallon)

So far i implement this regimine about once a week, i water every other day with 2 gallons of water for 3 5 gallon containers (about 3 quarts per plant)
is this on par with other regimens? am i lacking any nutes that i should be aware of? or perhaps over implementing any? what about other additives i could be using? like fulvic acids and what not? my next question is about the application of foilar sprays on top of the fertilization? does that sound feasible, like compost teas? i don't want to overload my babies with more than they can handle, but i want them to be happy as can be so they can make their daddy (actually Daddies ?) proud. Again any kind of feedback is super appreciated.

if they are small only start out with a 1/4 dose of what the label says. also a pic would be helpfull. whats the ph at? :cheer:

the ph is at 7.0 i will take pics asap. it might be due to a restricted ventilation,

the ph is at 7.0 i will take pics asap. it might be due to a restricted ventilation,
im assuming you are doin a soil grow,the ph should be down around 6.5 at the most,hydro should be around 5.6. be careful not to over water them also, during flowering plants consume less water so you dont need to water them as much. do you have a fan,they are always helpful to move air.:cheer:

Yes i have a fan, its a ocilating fan that i have behind my plants against the wall, the idea is to bounce the air off the wall onto the plants, I also have a squirel cage fan *i am not sure of how big it is, as luck would have it a freind of mine had one lying around his garage that he used to use for his job sucking out old plaster, i aquired it and cleaned it out, but i am waiting on funds to procure the flange and extra ducting to pipe near my plant* My question is *and should have been last night* when i was asked for my ph, what kind of ph are we talking about? my soil? or my water intake? my water is around 7, i havent gotten to that stage of tools that i have a soil ph tester yet....if my water is suposed to be around 6.5 thats easily done i have ph down, but if my soil needs to be lowerd how would i go about acheiveing that goal (after i buy a soil tester) and also, how acurate are those soil testers anyways? i have seen a couple models of soil testers that also are water meters? and they are super jinky looking.......i mean they might be acurate but the straight out water tester we have the needle moves when you lay it on its side....not exactly nasa grade i guess,,,Also, and this question might be better for another thread but, How much of a diffrence do you recieve with CO2? My freind had aquired a cola from an aquantince who runs an opperation close to the one i do, with no co2 intake, the nugs were juicy and fat before dry, but after drying (and maybe we are missing something in the dry) but it went from a cola about 4-5 inchs long and 3-4 inches fat to the size of 1 gram...how much of this is due to co2? alright i've bent your ears enough with my off topic questions, i apretiate all feed back, any knollege is better than ignorance, thank you guys in advance,

Yes i have a fan, its a ocilating fan that i have behind my plants against the wall, the idea is to bounce the air off the wall onto the plants, I also have a squirel cage fan *i am not sure of how big it is, as luck would have it a freind of mine had one lying around his garage that he used to use for his job sucking out old plaster, i aquired it and cleaned it out, but i am waiting on funds to procure the flange and extra ducting to pipe near my plant* My question is *and should have been last night* when i was asked for my ph, what kind of ph are we talking about? my soil? or my water intake? my water is around 7, i havent gotten to that stage of tools that i have a soil ph tester yet....if my water is suposed to be around 6.5 thats easily done i have ph down, but if my soil needs to be lowerd how would i go about acheiveing that goal (after i buy a soil tester) and also, how acurate are those soil testers anyways? i have seen a couple models of soil testers that also are water meters? and they are super jinky looking.......i mean they might be acurate but the straight out water tester we have the needle moves when you lay it on its side....not exactly nasa grade i guess,,,Also, and this question might be better for another thread but, How much of a diffrence do you recieve with CO2? My freind had aquired a cola from an aquantince who runs an opperation close to the one i do, with no co2 intake, the nugs were juicy and fat before dry, but after drying (and maybe we are missing something in the dry) but it went from a cola about 4-5 inchs long and 3-4 inches fat to the size of 1 gram...how much of this is due to co2? alright i've bent your ears enough with my off topic questions, i apretiate all feed back, any knollege is better than ignorance, thank you guys in advance,

after reading some more info out of my bible i have learned that most indoor potting soil is at neutral 7ph so no worries if you are at 7. note tap water at 7ph,then mixed with nutes will raise the ph,so after mixing with a small dose of nutes check ph. keep it at 7 an u will be fine.

as far as the co2 goes i do not use it. the rule of thumb for dryin an curing is take the weight of the wet bud, then - 75% will give you a pretty close range to what u will end up with when dry.exp.a 10 gram bud will weigh 2.5g
when dry.:cheer:

during flowering plants consume less water so you dont need to water them as much.

I think it is the opposite, the floweing stage uses more food and water then veg...... :peace:

Measure the pH of the first bit of runoff after you water your plants.

IM not a soil guy, I am hydro, however, the list you gave is pretty potent.

with Liquid karma,bcuz,and big bud that would appear to be an excess to me. out of those you could just use PURE BLEND< LIQUID KARMA, this is a complete set. bcuzz ,pure blend and BIG BUD are comparable but I wouldnt use all at same time. THEY SEEM TO BE ALL FLWRNG NUTES which is an overload IMO. PURE BLEND is organic the others are not.

Back
Top Bottom