So I just made some oil here: What about decarb?

Monty Verde

I just finnished a small batch of cannabisoil. I made from trim to learn and then I’ll go with buds.
I did Quick wash and then I used a distiller to get some alkohol back.
I finnished it all of on the coffemaker.
It took just 1.5 hour for all bubbles to stop. The hot plate on the coffemaker is about 85-95 degres celcius (185- 203 F)

How should I finnish to get good decarboxylation?

Should I leave it on the coffemaker for som hours?

I read that best decarb is at 110C for 110 minutes? (But the coffemaker never gets so hot)

How do u expert think I should do to get a good decarboxylated finnished product?

I aleays thought decarbing should be done first... I could be wrong though!

I Will try that next time. Problem is the smell when decarb the herb in owen.

I make another small batch right now and this time I Will try to decarb in oilbath.

Like in the tutorial

You have to get the heat up around 240-245F for a 90 minutes or so. The only way I have seen the decarboloxation and infusion process done in one step with oil is in SweetSues's Instant pot thread. Almost all other methods I have seen have been done on product that was decarb-ed in the oven first and then infused.

You have to get the heat up around 240-245F for a 90 minutes or so. The only way I have seen the decarboloxation and infusion process done in one step with oil is in SweetSues's Instant pot thread. Almost all other methods I have seen have been done on product that was decarb-ed in the oven first and then infused.

I think its easyier to decarb first. But the smell...

Any tips about how to decarb in owen without smell?

I think its easyier to decarb first. But the smell...

Any tips about how to decarb in owen without smell?

I have read of people doing it in turkey roasting bags. They will take the heat and should reduce the smell. I have not tried it myself yet. I am in the same boat with the house closed up this time of year.

SweetSue has a thread about using an Instant Pot for un-decarbed product. The pot will go up the 230-240 range with the pressure enabled. She has an awesome reputation on this board for doing infusions.
Instant Pot Cannabis Oil: A SweetSue Picture Tutorial

My wife wont let me do in the owen again:))

Can someone explain if its only temp and time that matters for decarb?
Do I understand this correct from sweet sue thread that carboxylation is Done when the oil stops bubbling no matter the time it took?

Back
Top Bottom