So I made a gravity bong last night.

William Holden

And well, I was kind of disapointed...

Here was the setup, and tell me where I went wrong.

20oz water bottle, cut the very bottom of it off. I took the cap off, used foil for the bowl ( I know I know, shitty shitty ) and poked a ton of holes in it with a saftey pin. The foil was on the cap pretty tight. I put the 20oz bottle into a Polar Pop cup (32oz I think) filled with water. Lit the bowl (tobacco in it now to test it), and slowly pulled up...

Smoke inside, but not much.

After trying some shit out, we decded to TAPE around the bottom of the foil, for airtightness. Success! It worked, kind of better. But now we cant take the top off, so we hollowed out a Bic Pen, burned a hole in the side of the bottle, put the pen in it, and now we had that to get the smoke from. It worked fairly decent, and the pen was like a handle to slowly lift up the bottle. We used this and we all (3 of us) got about two hits off of it, and decided to give up. The smoke was forced out of the pen, but still, it wasnt anything real good.

Bigger bottle? Deeper water? What?

I want to try it again sometime, and have it work well.

Re: So I made a gravity bong last night...

yeah i have done it with a datsani water bottle. one of the big ones. i put it in a pitcher full of water. for the bowl it was a bowl off my bong. i was fucking gone. off 1 terribly huge hit. the smoke inside the bottle wasnt white it was thick yellow. well yeah the bowl was put through a bottle cap. that way it was airtight. i pulled up slowly. worked like a charm but kills your lungs. i have made them with 2 liters, with those 1 hit is a whole bowl.

One time me and my friends found one of those 5 gallon jugs by Wal Greens so we took it home, cleaned it out, cut the bottom off and made a huge bowl on it, and we placed it in my pool. It took like 6 hits just to clear it. It was intense.

To answer your question. Take the cap and cut like a dime sized hole in it. Then push the tin foil through little for the bowl, Then tape around the cap to keep the foil on. So now you can just screw the cap on and off and it will be air tight.

For the bottle size. I usually use a Double Gulp Cup from 7-11 fill the water up till there is 2 inches to the top.For the Bottle I use a 38 ounce Zephryhills bottle.

i used a two liter for the bottle and a giant 5 gallon bucket half filled for my gravity bong. It hit like a motherf-er, but after the coughing, I was gone.the bigger the bottle you use the more smoke you can suck up, go witha two liter

what i did was basically the same......use a bottle but just buy a metal bowl head for like $3-5 at any head shop. then just drill a little hole in the bottle cap and shove the bowl head in it. burn it a little to seal. works like a dream.

yep yep, you need to use a bigger "suction chamber". I've seen kick ass ones where it was a culligan bottle.

Back
Top Bottom