So I think I'm growing an auto?

GardenHoee

420 Member
Hey yall! I'm new to growing cannabis and have gotten most of my knowledge through videos on various sites (visual learner) and have managed to find most information easy to come by. Well last week I noticed a change in my babes. Let me start by saying my grow set up is not the best. I'm a grower on a budget so be nice to me please lol :Namaste:

Back story: I started my grow like most others. Small container, soil, bag seed, water, and boom babies pop up. I then put them under a viparspectra VA-Series 600W LED grow light inside my room closet. Everything was fine until I ran into a major nutrient deficiency problem. I wasn't giving any nutes and they were about 2-3 weeks old at this point. I quickly did some research and found the 3 stage General Hydroponics combo. Honestly not the biggest fan but whatever it did help with the deficiencies and my plants took off from there. I started LST on one of the bigger ones since she looked like she was going to be towering over her sisters. No issues came about from the LST. I have repotted all of them a total of three times each. They are now sitting in 5 Gal. buckets.

Here's the problem. My growth has stopped significantly and my leaves are growing small and uneven (see pictures below that are circled). Unfortunately I don't know their start dates(sometime in April). I assumed I was going to let them get as big as I want it to be and then switch to a 12/12 light cycle, and count the weeks from there. I did absolutely no research on autos and now thinking I am indeed growing an auto. My lights are on a 18/6 cycle. Before this started happening I did change up how much I was giving during feeding. I followed the instructions that were given to me on the bottle since it seemed to be enough of what the plants needed during veg. I started the "early flowering" stage by adding more phosphorus and potassium to the blend, per instructions. I did this a week before I was to switch to a 12/12 light cycle. I thought that there was going to be a little stretching after I switched to the 12/12 light cycle, but now I'm thinking this is as big as they're going to get. What it looks like to me is the bud sites are balling up and skinny leaves are popping out around it, if that makes any sense. I also can see white pistils coming out near the nodes.

Questions:
Is this an Auto?
Should I keep it on the light cycle I have now? Or switch to a 12/12?
Will she get any bigger?
Is she flowering?

If you've read this far you're awesome :circle-of-love: If you have any other advice, pleeease share.

IMG_0131.jpeg

IMG_0132.jpeg

IMG_0126.jpeg

IMG_0130.jpeg

IMG_0128.jpeg

IMG_0133.jpg

Hey can you make guesstimate on how many days old she is?

Don’t think it’s an auto but I think what you are seeing are the next tiny sets of fan leaves or a few hairs showing she’s becoming a sexually mature chick. For autos it does not matter how many light hours you give - they will begin to flower automatically regardless of light hours and yes they will flower without changing to 12/12 so I would stay on 18/6 for sure. Even if it is flowering an auto will continue to flower at 18/6 with no problems so yeah!

It does happen often where seeds from breeders get crossed up and of course you stated it was bag seed but think this is straight up photoperiod... of course I could be wrong!! The last pic is a difficult one for me tho cuz I see that clump of hairs and yet my eyes are old and this iPad display kinda sucks.

For now mos def stay on 18/6 and in a week or two we will know more by the updated pics.

Howdy do
Amazing write up. Great work on getting this far without much help.
Could you do me a little favour and take a closer, more detailed picture of the nodes please? The ones above are a little bit fuzzy and my eyes are broken as well:p
Also, more help will be along soon and your questions will should be answered

Howdy do
Amazing write up. Great work on getting this far without much help.
Could you do me a little favour and take a closer, more detailed picture of the nodes. The ones a above are a little it fuzzy and my eyes are broken as well:p
Also more help will be along soon and your questions will should be answered
Yess I'll get off my lazy butt and go find my HD camera and take some better photos.

Yess I'll get off my lazy butt and go find my HD camera and take some better photos.
Great! I might get off my lazy butt and find my reading glasses; so I can see in HD :p

Camera is fine by the way. Just try and get the light and angle right.. There's been some great photos taken with a "potato" as @Listersmeghead said ;). Have a practice and see what you can take.

I'm only on my first grow so I'm not really an expert but from how mine is it could just be sexually mature and not an auto since I dont see the hair popping out of the preflower. As far as the slow growth could be salt or nutrient buildup not sure. How often do you feed pure water?
I switch back and forth between reg water and nutes. I'm watering maybe 2-3 times a week I would say. The last time I fed her it seemed like the drained water was darker than it has been before.

I switch back and forth between reg water and nutes. I'm watering maybe 2-3 times a week I would say. The last time I fed her it seemed like the drained water was darker than it has been before.
With mine I noticed the same signs. Slow growth and dark runoff. Once I watered with pure water till I got runoff, a day or 2 later it seemed like it started growing normally again. So that's just from my experience with what I'm growing

Back
Top Bottom