so im curious about harvest

judemon

I have three pictures to show the quality of the plant right now, which i dont think is ready. However my question is when do you know it is ready ? how can you tell ? by bud size? i've heard amber hairs or brown but i doubt thats true because mine already has a bunch. I've also heard yellowing of leafs with flush but this grow was prolonged because there were small mistakes made initially, i was running 24 hour light cycles for awhile, then switched to just 20-4 finally down to the 16-8 but it seems to have worked wonders... look at the crystallization.. which ive also heard is another method to be able to tell... what i dont understand is it doesnt really look like buds. im just confused on when to do it. how exactly to harvest the buds. and how to dry them. (its a small plant so id rather not hang them) so i could use someone who really knows what they are talking about thanks!!! :high-five::thanks:

Re: so im curious about harvest....

20140206_082213.jpg

And
20140206_082155.jpg

and
20140206_082139.jpg

oh and btw at the bottom of the plant is still starting to flower in a lot of different spots.. the little white hairs, same things that happened for the pictures above..... just toward the base of the plant.. another reason why i dont believe it to be ready because it hasnt flowered in every spot possible. but then again i dont know crap about this. This is my first grow and i can use any advice someones willing to give.

id say they look good. im guessing this is an auto grow.give us some more details strain,lighting temperature soil nutes etc this plant still has some time to go looking at the pics.great pics, give it the proper time an you will be satisfied.if you have the money buy a jewlers loupe.You gennnerally want a 50/50mix of cloudy and amber trichs which is what you call crystalization. but a general visual rule is to observe the hair color definetly need more brown..give us some more details and someone else will chime in Id say they look like buds to me.Im sure youve bought plenty bags but have never seen some on a live plant!!id cut it at the base and trim all the leaves off then hang in the dark till dry.might take a week.

dude i got a few seeds from really good medical strains my street dealer gets, threw them in 3 different pots and this was the one that sprouted... just happened to be female. no autogrow, soil is a base potting soil, with perlites top soiled with an inch of miracle grow sphagnum peat moss. lighting is a 120 watt fluorescent, temperature is at a solid 73 degrees F. the bottom of the plant has the preflower hairs tho still like buds are going to grow down there too, like it started and a few more in other places going up the stock. i dont want to harvest too early as much yield as possibly with the highest quality is obviously the objective here. Im wondering how long in your opinion, i was thinking the end of the month. im just a NOOOB and have no clue what im doing at this point. i water her as needed (soil looking and feeling not too moist), and yeah they are deff budds i just assume shes going to get bigger. and thank you for that drying method that makes sense. Should i be flushing her more? ive only done this once, i now water at just 20% drainage.

no i was during vegetation, now i have a timer for 12-12 you silly goose!

They are not ready.....jewelers loop is a small magnifier rated at 30X that you hold up to your eye to see what color your trics are.

How long have they been on 12/12?

Clear is first stage

Milk colored is second stage and buds really swell

Third stage and you will see some changing amber....15% to 30% of amber mixed within the buds is harvest time.

thank you for clear information and about a month into it. now i have a good idea of what to look for i appreciate:bravo::Namaste: it

Back
Top Bottom