So many nutrients and hormones,which to use?

Budgrower

Am currently using the entire foxfarm line of nutrients.Also using superthrive and have bloombastic for flowering.Am growing in promix soil. My ??? is what hormones,
nutrients,etc,etc,etc do all the experienced professionals out their recommend for all stages of growth.
Examples liguid light,advanced nutrients variety,etc
There are so many out there not sure how to maxamize yeild,potency and quality. I know grow technigue and genetics most important, looking for that extra something, to take my plants and bud to the best it can be.Trying to tune in a nutrient schedule.
Thanks for help in advance

Is this your first grow?

If so, I would keep nutes simple till you gain experience and not worry about all this do da till you have a grow or 2 from start to finish under your belt.

There IS a learning curve and it's waaaay more than sticking a seed in the dirt and plugging in a light.

No flame, but learn to drive before you jump into a 18 wheeler. LOL

Dyna-Gro is a good line to check out. Forget the whore moans for the moment. LOL

DD

My Bad, I didn't fully read your post.

I'm doing organics in soil and really don't know much about the whore moans.

Sorry.

If you want to know about myco's and beneficial bacteria I can help.

DD

Good questions.

The only ones I've used that I think worked were Gravity and Hydroplex. Possibly Purple Maxx. Gravity seems to work like a champ. It always helps a little , and some strains it helps a lot. Still experimenting with the timing. Hydroplex is just a very high P and it too seems to have made a difference on all plants.

Purple Maxx is a maybe. I've grown with/without on 3 crops. First I got good tris but nothing to compare to. Second was no Purp Maxx but same tris, third was better, but I was using Hydroplex as well as PM and I can't say whether its one or the other or both.

:nicethread::popcorn:

EDIT: I've added Liquid Light and Penetrator to this next cycle - but I have no results yet.

Havent grown in like 20 years but not first grow, have many grows under my belt. But yes has been awhile so trying to get up todate

Have heard of all these but what are the benefits? are the worth the addition?
See to me if a addition adds 1% to quanity for example is it worth the $20-50 or more per grow.Read alot about liguid light and penetrator but am looking for conclusive results that they are worth the extra investment. They are costly.

myco's and beneficial bacteria I can help. well droopy dog thats what I want help in understanding the latest and greatest nutes out there . Just looking to start on the right track from the get go

Have heard of all these but what are the benefits? are the worth the addition?
See to me if a addition adds 1% to quanity for example is it worth the $20-50 or more per grow.Read alot about liguid light and penetrator but am looking for conclusive results that they are worth the extra investment. They are costly.

Aye - that's the rub...

All I can say is that I spend $35/grow on Gravity and I'm pretty sure it adds maybe 10% to my yield. Of about 3/4lb avg harvest about every 4-5 weeks. At $1200/qp that's $360-$35 = $325 ROI every harvest.

Liquid Light and Penetrator I have not tried. But after doing the same thing you're doing now, and reading lots of journals up here - they get unanimous approval from everyone who's tried them so I will be adding them in the mix this time around.

:peace:

myco's and beneficial bacteria I can help. well droopy dog thats what I want help in understanding the latest and greatest nutes out there . Just looking to start on the right track from the get go

Well, they aren't nutes and really aren't new (despite a lot of marketing hype), as they occur naturally in the soil and have for many thousands of years.

Cheap also, if you know where to look. Organic gardeners have been using them for years. Anything MJ related or labeled is the same stuff, just 10x the cost.

Where I get mine, it's a whopping $8 delivered, for enough to treat 150-250 plants.

PM me for details.

DD

thanks for the link,alot of what i was looking for there,still alot of choices. Am wondering is it better to keep it simple or go the complex route with multiple nutes /hormones and supplments. Back in the day just one nute for veg and one for bloom. Now well as most of us know so so many choices. Hell you good use a different nute every week of the cycle if you so wished.Goal is to produce the best bud you can,so hummm... still needing input............

IMO... If this is your first Grow? Keep it simple.

Get to know your plants/strains.

Then come the extra Goodies

I use GH 3 part Grow/Micro/Bloom, Molasses Love it. Simple.

I think I can offer some assistance in the Liquid Light + Penetrator & hormones.

With hormones I'm only familiar with using them for cloning. Products like Clonex and many of the dips and powders are stock full of hormones and vitamin B. Not too sure about using any hormones for other stages of growth.

Liquid Light is an amino acid, carbohydrates, minerals, and nutrients spray that targets the Calvin Cycle of photosynthesis.
The way it works is when a plant produces a leaf or bud it loses some energy when the leaf is complete and directs new energy to new growth. LL restores that lost energy so that the plants has full power going to all parts instead of just the newest growth.
It's mainly for indoor gardens under artificial lighting.
By keeping the entire plant vigorous I see an increase yields and potency because the entire plant will be fully developed with no wasted growth and since LL+P maximizes potential of the plant it will maximize resin production.
LL is actually a supercharged hybrid of Dutch Masters Max Fx and Folitech.

Penetrator or as it's now called Saturator is a delivery agent for LL. It basically opens the pores on a leaf and force feeds it whatever nutrient(in this case LL) it's carrying. Penetrator can also be used with other foliar sprays for maximum effect. It's like a beer bong for your plants.

The effects of LL+P are noticable unlike many foliar sprays. Sometimes my plants will turn their leaves vertical and it looks like the plants want to jump up out of the pots and eat the light.

I'm using LL+P once a week during veg and twice per week during bloom for the first 5 weeks of bloom and then I cut it off.
I use it at 1/2 to 3/4 strength to both save $ and because I've heard testimonies that it can burn leaves at full strength if the lights are too close.
I've used LL+P on four crops now and will continue to use it. One bottle of each will last me for two crops but that of course will vary depending on the size of your garden. I have noticed some vendors have been dropping the prices on the Liquid Light. LL used to be $60 and now I find it for $35. Penetrator is still about $20. :Rasta:

thanks for the link,alot of what i was looking for there,still alot of choices. Am wondering is it better to keep it simple or go the complex route with multiple nutes /hormones and supplments. Back in the day just one nute for veg and one for bloom. Now well as most of us know so so many choices. Hell you good use a different nute every week of the cycle if you so wished.Goal is to produce the best bud you can,so hummm... still needing input............

Simple, simple is the way to go. Adding too much is just going to make things confusing, even if you've done it all before.

If you're missing the multi-part nute system, then I would go with the 3 part system from Advanced Nutrients or Sensi A&B. If you like tweaking things, those are good for that.

And AN has a calculator that just tells you what to use, when to use it, etc.

Advanced Nutrients | Hydroponics | Hydroponic Gardening

In that mix, you can add a few boosters to the mix. I really like Voodoo Juice and Big Bud from AN. But others really like Bud Candy and some other things, whose names escape me right now.

I would stick with the base nutes to see how they work, then on the next grow you can add more. No sense in spending a lot of money all at once, and then getting confused.

Good luck - hope that helped!

Back
Top Bottom