So that's where the water goes

Wayne1967

Just turned on my exhaust after setting a couple months and heard water in the fan shroud. After inspecting my duct I noticed they were hanging in certain spots and holding water! Couldn't have ran in from outside because of the angle so I guess it was collecting in the duct from the humidifier.

Wow that's different. Not surprised as condensation can happen naturally when temps are involved.

I live in a area that has very little natural humidity. I never add it in to a tent and have never had a problem. Maybe you could go without it.

Plants grown close together will create their own humidity. With my grows that aproach seemsto work best.My main concern has always been to much, never to little. It really starts to matter when your temps are off.

Mine is an outdoor non cooled building and ran it in the summer to keep the heat down. Being cold now I haven’t had to running a small heater. Once flowering hits I’ll probably have to again especially when I use the tent for drying

I used to grow in a similar situation. Finally changed to air cooled lights in a more controlled environment. This gives me more control of whats going on. Lots more problems when you have to deal with 2 temperature ranges. One that is in the tent and one that is around the tent. Sounds like you having problems with the dew point. Avoiding extreme temperature changes in the tent could solve this. Figuring out what the dew point is in your area I have now idea how to do. Just a suggestion LOL

Yeah after looking at it again and wiping down the inside walls of my tent only to come back the next day to the same I think it’s the condensation in it from being so warm and outside cold. I think the wind is blowing past my exhaust opening outside the building and drawing the moisture up into the pipe.

Heat is loosely a form of pressure. It will travel from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure via the path of least resistance. Any surface below the dewpoint of the surrounding air will cause condensation. That's why they make insulated duct work. Duct (or tent) that is cold on the outside full of warm air will condense inside it. Warm duct full of cold air will condense on the outside.

I’m going to try putting some blankets around the tent, decreasing the inside temp a little and try heating the inside of the building with a propane heater.

I closed off about 1/3 of my building with hanging 6ml plastic and opted for an electric heater instead of running the propane unattended. Hopefully I won't start blowing breakers. Anyone know what draws the least electric inferred halogen, ceramic? I've got the glow coil type I'd imagine that's the worst.

I closed off about 1/3 of my building with hanging 6ml plastic and opted for an electric heater instead of running the propane unattended. Hopefully I won't start blowing breakers. Anyone know what draws the least electric inferred halogen, ceramic? I've got the glow coil type I'd imagine that's the worst.

You might look at the older oil style ones. I think they call them radiant heaters.They are bigger and bulkier but the way they work seems best for a grow area. Not positive on this. It was the one I had planned to try before I changed everything up. Now I don't need the extra heat.

Might have to look at those or one with a high and low watt settings. That old coil one I have tripped my breaker when it kicked on with other things going on that circuit. I did notice this morning what I did made a difference though. When I opened the tent up there was no moisture on the ceiling of it and still reading 70%rh inside. Weird how that works

Weird how that works

Physics?

Different heating elements will reach a different temp creating "drier" air. Radiant types use the lowest temps. I believe ceramic are the hottest, then quartz, then metal coils.

Back
Top Bottom