So this doesn't look good, right?

GSCgrow

About 3 weeks in and this happened overnight
Added a little bit of miracle grow pour and feed to my spray bottle and gave it two squirt's otherwise the lower leaves were starting to droop but it leveled off after a day or so. What am I doing wrong??? Help!!

1454287392303-1064059181.jpg

Lighting: 2× 2' t8 1250 lumen
Soil: fox farms ocean 1 gallon on heating pad
Water: ph 7 and I stupidly added that miracle grow pour and feed to my watering spritser. And gave it two sprays of it lastnight. Otherwise watering every 4 days with 6 sprays.
Not in any kind of growbox, plenty of airflow
1453939561108-275337003.jpg

So over watering is one. Over nuting is two. Whats the RH (humidity) and temperature?

First off Mirical grow is garbage for cannabis. Also you never feed or start nuting your plant until it has an established root system. All the plant needs is some clean ph'd water for now. NO nutes or fertz, Until you get to about 2-3 weeks. In your case it's going to be longer, cause now the stress it's under will stunt it's growth. My suggestion is to let the medium dry out a bit. Maybe for another day or two. But it looks dry :S IT must be a drainage issue whats your drainage holes at the bottom like? They provide good run off's?

Lighting: 2× 2' t8 1250 lumen
Soil: fox farms ocean 1 gallon on heating pad
Water: ph 7 and I stupidly added that miracle grow pour and feed to my watering spritser. And gave it two sprays of it lastnight. Otherwise watering every 4 days with 6 sprays.
Not in any kind of growbox, plenty of airflow
1453939561108-275337003.jpg

Roots are light sensitive. That's why most pots are black or white. To reflect or keep out unwanted light. If light gets to your roots for long duration they will die. Which isn't good of course. So cover your pot with something like tinfoil or a non translucent plastic or paper. Just something to stop light getting at the roots when she gets a bit bigger and starts filling in your pot. Also, over watering is common with new growers. When a cannabis plant is young you do need to water it more frequently, but in little amounts. As age progresses and the plant gets bigger you give it more water less frequently. The reason why she's drooping over is because you have been giving her to much water. Is this a fem seed? Or is it a regular and this might be a male?

You also want to bring your lights down more, literally 3-4 inchs from the top of the plant. I see you have two bulbs but only one is right over it and on a angle. Straighten that out and put both lights over the plant ;)

So, just ease off the watering, do not give it any more nutes until shes a bit bigger. This will actually kill her if you continue. Do you have a few $ to spend? Let me know and Ill think of a quick little list for you to get. No worries wont be expensive. What's your budget? Cause you do realize your going to need some more equipment to make her go the long distance ;)

If by chance your not over watering it I would suggest making some more drain holes at the bottom of your pot so the run off is better. Cause she looks highly over watered.

Yah I haven't seen any run off water but I only give it a few squirt's. You can see the condensation build up on the sides of my pot. I'll get more holes into it and put tin foil around. There's not much humidity in the air it's only 67ish degrees in my basement. I'll try what you said and give it a drink in a few days. It's a girl scout cookie seed not femanized so I'm not sure yet. I'd be willing to spend some more money on the grow I figured I'd have to eventually anyways. If you'd come up with some things I'll need that would be great!!

Yah I haven't seen any run off water but I only give it a few squirt's. You can see the condensation build up on the sides of my pot. I'll get more holes into it and put tin foil around. There's not much humidity in the air it's only 67ish degrees in my basement. I'll try what you said and give it a drink in a few days. It's a girl scout cookie seed not femanized so I'm not sure yet. I'd be willing to spend some more money on the grow I figured I'd have to eventually anyways. If you'd come up with some things I'll need that would be great!!

Alright GSC, let's get to it. For the sake of your grow, I will elaborate with what I would do in your current situation.

First things first. I'm going to try and keep this list as cheap but effective as possible. Assuming you don't have a endless amount of $.

You're going to need to get a bigger light for when it's time to switch to 12/12. With a t8 you just wont get the yield that is deserving for such patience and hard work. I suggest going to home depot (or find online. <- much easier this way and you have time to wait..usually only takes up to a week to arrive anyways) and getting a $20-40 400 watt HPS. Yes it is that cheap. They can get much pricer, but for the sake of your grow you do not need any special name brand.(the only difference anyways is the lifespan of the bulbs imo) Now a 400watt ballast is also going to be needed for this. I suggest getting a "Apollo Horticulture APL400 Hydroponic 400 - Watt HPS MH Digital Dimmable Electronic Ballast. It should run anywhere between 125-150$ depending on where you get it from. I suggest again trying to locate this online somewhere (cheapest route) try amazon. When getting the light set up i would suggest buying a reflector combo as well, if feasible. You can get a simple one for just 35$.

With that you'll have the correct lighting set up to be ready for flowering so you can get a reasonable yield that will help pay off you're investment. (In one way or another)Now you'll need to get the correct nutes. I suggest to you the "Quick grow program" and the QG nute line. They have been winning awards since 92' and are reasonably priced for chem'd nutes. (imo, they work just as good or even better then other name brands that you pay 200$+ for) ((Not going to mention names;))) to get the "starter kit" it's 40$. You get "Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3". IF you're growing out just a single plant this will be good for almost two full harvests. (You might need to replace "part 2, and part 3" cause they are used more in flowering) So, very much worth it.

I would also suggest going to the pawn shop or thrift store and getting a cheap dehumidifier for 10$.

With these few items you'll be able to go through until harvest day! Now I see you have a fan thats good. I would (depending on your environment conditions) probably just turn it off for now. I assume you have a PH tester cause you said it was at 7.0.. That's also to high. (ppl will argue this, but it is) Try to keep it around 6.0-6.5 if you're growing in soil. You'll also need a temperature/humidity gauge. You can go get one at walmart for 3-50$+. The one i use for my CK grow right now is only 15$..

To make it easier here's the "list";

-HPS 400 watt with ballast & refflector

-OuickGrow nutrient line (if you can, get the whole program, not just the 3 parts)

-Temperature/RH gauge (Acurite has a good digital one that is only 10$)

With these products you will be able to make sure this little girl will live a wonderful life (or better then she is now anyways :p ), and provide you with some decent medicine in the end. Once you go get these products get back to me and I'll help you right to the very harvest brotha, we are all here to help each other succeed! ;) (No worries, I'm not going anywhere anyways. But you are going to need these items before you hit her with 12/12, because that is when she is most susceptible too,,,,everything.. lol)

Can you post some updated pics? I also suggest putting them drain holes in asap before the roots fill up the bottom and you end up drilling into them. :bitingnails:

I'll get started on that list even if my little one here doesn't pull through. I'm having a bad feeling that it's dieing, the plant just looks lifeless. I put the foil around the pot, adjusted lights, added some better drain holes, and this morning I noticed the soil was bone dry. So I put my finger in the soil and I felt no moisture whatsoever, gave it a small drink. I'm going to start germinating another seed today.
1454359940850-275337003.jpg
1454359959710-1064059181.jpg

It will bounce back. But, since it's so young and you haven't put allot of $ and time into her you can start up another seed. Just hopefully its a female. But I'll save you allot of time and teach you how to clone to determine sex within 7-14 days when we get to that point. Good job on the water. If the soil is 3 inchs dry give her 2 cups water, (2 cups only because thats all she needs at this point in her life) then let it dry right out and do that again. So on and so forth for the entire grow. ;)

I'm kind of excited for you here lol. I love helping someone get through their first grow. It makes me remember the feeling I had when my pops first taught me waaaay back in the day.. I Kind of get some sort fulfillment out of it. Helping others succeed and cultivate their first plant. :S lol
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom