So what's the longest time it's taken an Auto to flower?

Deketx

I've got one Ripleys OG x 3 Bears that is at 6 weeks and isn't flowering. I'm running 24hr on the lights and have 10 other plants at diff phases of flowering. This plant is huge! I so want it to start. If not cutting her will make me sad.

I've got one Ripleys OG x 3 Bears that is at 6 weeks and isn't flowering. I'm running 24hr on the lights and have 10 other plants at diff phases of flowering. This plant is huge! I so want it to start. If not cutting her will make me sad.
I've seen a few cases on here where people have had similar. Autos that don't appear to be autos. Think some had to change light cycle to get them into flowering.

I've seen a few cases on here where people have had similar. Autos that don't appear to be autos. Think some had to change light cycle to get them into flowering.
I'm taking her out and putting her in a dark room at night for the next few days to see if it will kick in the flowering. If not she goes outside into the vegetable garden.

There’s always that one outlier that is the reason the for 99.99% and not 100%. I’m sure the seed producer would like to know the weight you pull off their auto that went 6 weeks into veg, could be a new harvest weight record for advertising! Haha

Fingers crossed she starts soon. Based on the size and that shoots are growing shoots with their own shoots! The stretch will force me to redo my grow area, lol.

These Autos are 146 days old. They both (different strains) started flowering at around 100 days old and are obviously not adhering to the normal flower time or rules. Had 2 others that are re-vegging but these 2 are finishing. People will argue that they are photo but they are going to finish in early July.
7626D7A4-8294-490F-BABA-2D383AD72D16.jpeg

6 weeks isn't the time to panic. You can get them to veg 6 weeks with just a little light defoliation and pruning, and not by any means a lot of it. The more you pick at them, the longer they will veg, up to a point.

I've had autos that I didn't mess with much start as early as 5 weeks, and ones I've heavily messed with (heavy overall, but just a little at any one time) that vegged over 2 months.

Also to note as an aside, you may find 18/6 a little better. IIRC you've got pretty decent lights going on, so 24/0 is just running up your bill without any benefit. ;)

These Autos are 146 days old. They both (different strains) started flowering at around 100 days old and are obviously not adhering to the normal flower time or rules. Had 2 others that are re-vegging but these 2 are finishing. People will argue that they are photo but they are going to finish in early July.
7626D7A4-8294-490F-BABA-2D383AD72D16.jpeg

Nice! Great looking plants! I'd love to just go ahead and put it outside. But, thanks to all the rain last spring in the Midwest I now have Septoria , carried over from last year, on my tomato plants . surprise it affects cannabis as well. So I'm afraid if I put it outside in the back yard she's a goner. I bought antifungal stuff today and am spraying the whole area tomorrow, and probably weekly from here on out.
I have 3 plants at 3 weeks that were supposed to be vegetable garden plants, now I'm thinking I'll have to take them out to my hunting property and hope the deer and other critters don't eat them.

so, I've been putting the plant into a dark room at night for the last three or four nights. And it looks like she's starting to throw some pistols thank God! My question is, do I need to continue doing that from here on out? Or should I just do it for a few more days and once the flowering starts it'll continue without having to have a dark period?

Usually once an auto starts you can go back to the old light routine. If it goes Reveg it's not a true autoflower. Once in a while an auto will get scrambled genetics and require 12/12 to finish.

Usually once an auto starts you can go back to the old light routine. If it goes Reveg it's not a true autoflower. Once in a while an auto will get scrambled genetics and require 12/12 to finish.

I'm going to keep putting her in the dark for the next week just to make sure. This thing is huge!

You're gonna have to force it to and change light cycle to 12 and 12. I've had that happen. No worries your harvest will be huge

You're gonna have to force it to and change light cycle to 12 and 12. I've had that happen. No worries your harvest will be huge

I put it in a dark room for about a week of nights. She's now been in with the rest of them for almost a week and she still flowering. She's huge, actually a pain in the ass. Here's a picture of her, and she's in a 5 gallon pot for reference of size.

20200616_021302.jpg

Back
Top Bottom