So who has regenerated a plant before?

stackz

I continually realize how much of a noob grower I am and just stumbled upon this while reading a grow journal. after searching and then reading through the growers handbook on here I realize this is a feasable option for my single plant grow....among other things in the future if I'm successful.

I have no other seeds and this plant is female and starting into flowering now. I'm thinking that since I'm ALMOST too paranoid to order seeds this is the way to go for me. Just simply harvest and leave the bottom portion intact with some leaves/bud and toss it into 18/6 for veg and then once it gets going attempt to take clones and grow them and then induce some of the clones into males using the aspirin/water method and voila seeds and perpetual harvest lol.

man, I think I'm going crazy with ideas right now.

I'm just wondering who's actually TRIED regeneration and what their success rate was and any tips to ERR on the side of success?? especially since I've only got ONE shot at it haha.

Re: so who has regenerated a plant before??

Man I would say try and find some more seeds. I have re-veged a harvested plant, here is what you have to look forward to. Switching the lights back to 18/6 If it lives past the first week of shock induced healing you may see small new growth by week 2, weeks 3-4 it reverts back into veg and picks back up with more new growth, however long you veg is up to you but most likely 6 weeks and you can take some clones. Sorry to break it to you but, There is no such thing as the asprin water method to turn your plant hermi, you will just kill it, you may get luckey with all the light changes with stress and hermi it though, and then 8 -10 more weeks to flower them all out again.

well even if I cant do a mythical aspirin/water sex change to a clone I can at least start to try to take clones again once I get it back in veg.

I think I'm honestly going to attempt rejuvenating the plant after harvest and see what happens before I take my chances ordering seeds.

been revegging for a while i suggest 24/0 first two weeks reveg

then go 18/6 be sure to leave the little bottm branches with little buds

with intact growing tips these aren't just at the ends but but also at the branchings this is your best for cloning later as branches nearer the roots seem to clone better [ growth hormones and stuff are different at different places in the plant]

make sure any cutting you take have a growing tip....

Back
Top Bottom