So you got your LED lights? Now time to show off those buds!

Hey Weaselcracker it's great to hear that you're happy with the glasses. The main thing is, the glasses have arrived, you're happy with them and that your eyes are safer in the grow area :) it's a bonus that you can use them as a filter for your camera too.

I was going to look at your journal to check out your new pics but you don't have one? If you want to post one here I'll do the same with my Method Seven picture and we can see what, if any differences there are. Great news, all the best :thumb:

Thanks man. I don't think I'll have time for a 'real' journal, which is constantly updated- but a little knowledge traded, some help for a couple issues I have, and a place for me to hang out in, sounds like a nice thing.

30 days, she's looking real good.

IMG_20150806_165627_zpsr9prcs5g.png

IMG_20150806_165619_zpsocnnzxrs.png

IMG_20150806_165503_zpskw5taxrg.png

IMG_20150806_165457_zpsc1ciou32.png

IMG_20150806_165553_zps5c6m7ten.png

LED = INEFFICIENCY. Sad but true! ALL plants need what LED can not provide for optimum photosynthesis unfortunately. Facts dont lie but hey saved on the energy bill ! They will figure it out though eventually.

You're mistaken Alley this is a thread on how to post pictures taken under LED, not a discussion of LED vs HPS vs the Sun. If you want to create a discussion regarding the pro's and cons of LED then create a thread and I shall gladly come and join the discussion, in the meantime if you have anything constructive to add to this particular thread I would love to hear it.

cool idea with the gray cards!

I am using Paintshop for the longest, and it has a similar option to correct white balance. What I do, I don't obviously use the "Auto Color Balance" feature but "Black & White Points". It's relatively easy since there are certain gray elements in my greenhouse which I can use as a target, for example duct tape which I used on my pots as labels. So I target the duct tape in the pics and balance it to gray, and it's pretty much all there is to it.

Your tip with actually using a gray, black and white sheet might work even better to make the pics perfect! Simple but cool tip!!

Great thread.

I don't use LED but my last camera had a manual white balance function that worked great with the HPS and should have worked the same for LED lighting.

Just went into the menu to the manual balance part then held a sheet of computer paper at the bud level under the light and aimed at it from a foot and a half or so. Pics taken after that looked great. Fairly cheap little digi cams have that function and can be got for $50 these days. Mine was a Nikon CoolPix L20 10mp. I paid around $200 for it 6 years ago and the same model but 18mp was selling for $129 last I saw.

Now I'm stuck using an old Sony so sneak in during the dark period to take a flash photo.

L8r

These guys are def resilient! The LKush is 7ftish tall. Afghani kush is 6ft, the 2 650s really kick ass. I could probably use another one, that'll halen next grow. 10 seeds O Heavy Weight fast and vast!

Now if only there was a guide to orienting pics :p

Great idea on the cards, Kriaze! Idk anything about photography but I'm going to have a friend with a good camera take some pictures for me around harvest time and we'll try this technique. I also have method seven glasses and really like them but it's hard to take professional pictures through them. Shooting for bud of the month quality photos :)

Unfortunately I can't help you with the orientation. I've tried opening the pictures and then reorientating them in a full circle and resaving but it doesn't seem to work for me, maybe you will have better luck with that. The card should work nicely for your pictures, good luck with the bud of the month :thumb:

Dumb question perhaps, but... When you say 'Grey Card' do you actually mean to use the 'eye dropper' to sample the Grey Card or the White Card that's included with the Grey Card set?

The reason I ask is I've been sampling the White Card and the color doesn't correct properly...

Dumb question perhaps, but... When you say 'Grey Card' do you actually mean to use the 'eye dropper' to sample the Grey Card or the White Card that's included with the Grey Card set?

The reason I ask is I've been sampling the White Card and the color doesn't correct properly...

Hello, when using the white balance dropper you would click the grey card. I hope this helps, all the best :thumb:

Glad to see all these pictures!!!! Bringing you an update on my LED grow. Afghani, lemon kush, and an unknown seed these were planted mid april. I fucked up the switch from 18-6 to 12-12, so it took some time to bud and get right after i fixed my timer. Not sure how big these buds are wanting to grow.
20150924_002858.jpg
20150924_002705.jpg
20150924_0013521.jpg
20150924_002825.jpg
20150924_002636.jpg
20150924_0013201.jpg
20150924_002751.jpg
20150924_002621.jpg
20150924_001411.jpg
20150924_001352.jpg
20150924_001206.jpg
20150924_001106.jpg