So you got your LED lights? Now time to show off those buds!

DNAgenetics White Walker grown with 200watts Cree CXB3590 CBbin 3000K 80cri
GEDC4016.JPG

IMG_0029160.JPG

Elemental Seeds Honey Bananas grown with 88watt Osram OSLON SSL80s 451s/660s in a party cup
IMG_108241.JPG

IMG_087030.JPG

Emerald Triangle CottonCandyCane grown with Vero29 3000K
GEDC2986.JPG

Tangie grown with 3500K white light
GEDC2933.JPG

I have tons more and grow cup quality on the regular with my new CXB3590s and Vero29s:thumb:

I think i am finally starting to understand this white pic stuff under LEDs. I really value a good pic and it is a hassle taking plants out of my tiny flower area to get a pic that doesnt hurt my eyes to look at. Thanks for an informative discussion.

I think i am finally starting to understand this white pic stuff under LEDs. I really value a good pic and it is a hassle taking plants out of my tiny flower area to get a pic that doesnt hurt my eyes to look at. Thanks for an informative discussion.
I got a hanging light and put a CFL in just for general light and turn off the big light for taking pictures. Also, if you're having the lights on while you're in there, get some grow glasses or at least wear some sun glasses.

Day 80, She's gotten a little big for her britches so I had to tie her up or the branches were gona snap.

Cola in the upper left is larger than a baseball.

'What have ya got there buddy?"

These girls are KGB.

Looks great! Any updates? What are the specs on your lights?

Been growing with a 600 LED (great light) but just added a 800w full spec cob a week ago and the bud just popped when I added the additional 800 watts. Hoping to get 25% more yield in future grows with the extra light. Nutes are organic Botanicare Pure Blend Pro (both veg and bloom) and the soil is Promix HP with 20% additional perlite in 5 gal pots.

Next grow will be 3 KGB's and 1 Cotton Candy (ready to go into flower when I harvest the KGB), then I start the White Rhino seeds.

Being an avid photographer for decades (had my first darkroom in 1971, and used to test film for Kodak), sometimes it's a whole lot easier to just turn off the lights momentarily and use the flash or other more natural lighting, if you don't have the color spectrum analysis or compensation within the camera or have access to decent photo software. This could be a good simple workaround to achieve more natural-looking photos.

Being an avid photographer for decades (had my first darkroom in 1971, and used to test film for Kodak), sometimes it's a whole lot easier to just turn off the lights momentarily and use the flash or other more natural lighting, if you don't have the color spectrum analysis or compensation within the camera or have access to decent photo software. This could be a good simple workaround to achieve more natural-looking photos.

Hello there fellow Photographer and a very good point that you have there. Unfortunately when I wrote this little tutorial I was unhappy with interrupting my light schedules for even a few minutes (admittedly I still am) so I wrote it in the way my workflow goes best. For those people that are able to turn their lights off with ease and are comfortable doing so it is indeed another workaround that will suffice. Thanks for pointing out the glaringly obvious which didn't get a mention earlier, all the best ;)

Did you ever try to just let the camera adjust the white balance under the LED? You will need a white piece of paper and a decent camera.

The method is as following:

- Go into "Menu"

- Select "White Balance"

- Select "Custom"

- Grab a White sheet of paper

- Reset your camera's White Balance setting to the White sheet of paper while it's being illuminated by your chosen light source. In this case the LED grow-light

- Take accurate color photos of your plants

The result can end up something like this

bub003.jpg

Thanks for showing an alternate way of doing things DeVille. The reason I tend to stick with Photoshop and Lightroom is because they will work with any camera (not all cameras have a custom white balance function), plus I prefer to work with RAW files personally, although those jpegs are suitable for a lot of Photographers. Thanks again for your input, I'm sure some people will be able to use that particular method :thumb:

Yeah - Huge fan of Photoshop too. Especially when shooting raw it's such a valuable tool for "developing" your photos

Thanks for showing an alternate way of doing things DeVille. The reason I tend to stick with Photoshop and Lightroom is because they will work with any camera (not all cameras have a custom white balance function), plus I prefer to work with RAW files personally, although those jpegs are suitable for a lot of Photographers. Thanks again for your input, I'm sure some people will be able to use that particular method :thumb:

Many times I benefit from re-viewing (as opposed to reviewing:slide:) threads that I've previously not fully gleaned. This leads to surprising discoveries and new thoughts. Today was one of those moments.

Tead's generally too lazy to do any sort of proper white balancing on his camera before he shoots a photo. This morning, I ran into a link in one of Kraize's posts and clicked. It was a familiar thread I've read and pointed others to. A touch later I happened to be in the garden taking some photos and looked down to see my white shoe.... hmmmm.... white balance on shoe and snap away.... yup... that's below Tead's lazy bar... he can do that.

Pre shoe white balance.... HPS and LED mix
DSCN52982.JPG

Post shoe white balancing....
DSCN53002.JPG
DSCN53013.JPG

My photos will be better from now on... as long as I can keep some white shoes clean.

Back
Top Bottom