Social etiquette for Cannabis users

hilarious thread...required reading for anyone just starting smoking.....and you should always remember those who smoked you out......return the favor.....weed isn't a one-way street..and for god's sake, dry your lips

Re: Social etiquette for Cannabis smokers

In matters concerning etiquette, I try to savour meeting people from other traditions, different than mine. Queen Victoria's actions with the finger bowl showed her exquisitely good manners.

One courtesy that I try to show is that if I ask someone, "Hey, I've got weed, do you have a pipe?", I give the pipe supplier the green hit.

As I reflect on it; whenever I supply the weed, I try to give the green hit to my guest as a part of hospitality.

Those sound like two courteous practices that are worthy of inclusion in this list.

i disagree, first and foremost the WEED supplier has the right to the first hit, he can take it or pass, the next person to hit it is the person who supplied the piece and then if applicable whosever place you are at gets the third hit.
everynow and again i will pack a bowl and let a buddy get the first hit, but i hate when you meet new people and they just take the first hit... :yikes:

In the situation described, I'm supplying the weed and the pipe.
My giving the first hit to my guest can't be considered bad etiquette.

Consideration for one's guests, matched by consideration for one's host is the essence of etiquette.

Conventions like forks on the left or pass the bowl clockwise only serve to keep things from bumping into each other. The core of etiquette is consideration for others.

Happy 4/20!!!!

I agree, Merickson. One should serve their guests first, however, once they become freeloaders, they are no longer guests.

In the circles I smoke in, when the bowl is cashed, the person with the weed reloads and it continues from where it was. We also do variations.

For example: Whoever cashes it loads for the next person. Or we all drop a nug on the table. The owner of the best nug hits first. An empty bowl is filled by whoever kills it, they pick the nug that goes in next, and the next person gets the very first hit, then rotate as usual. Or everybody packs for the next in line and everybody is required to cash whatever is provided in turn. Brutal.

Games like that only work if everyone likes everyone else's weed tho.

Tote, pass on bong hits, always clearing the piece; toke, toke, pass on pipes and doobies.

No drooling. F'ing troglodytes.

Nice list, y'all.

:peace:

Awesome list. Going to see if I can get it on a poster. The only issue I have with it is "never #11": don't talk if your holding the joint. For me and my friends, smoking is a social thing. Maybe it could be something like "keep the smoking moving"?

Awesome list. Going to see if I can get it on a poster. The only issue I have with it is "never #11": don't talk if your holding the joint. For me and my friends, smoking is a social thing. Maybe it could be something like "keep the smoking moving"?

Yea thats true especially when it's kick ass weed, it gets to the point where you are so stoned you forget you are even holding the joint and just start rambling on. So even though it's not cool to do it is forgiveable.

Hey this is some funny shit. but #9 on the never list, yea i'm sayin somethin. If u pass me some schwag i'm speakin on it for not giving me the option to decline ,like "hey, who brought the Malboro?" I will embarrass u if u grew it, act like u didn't, but call ur shit fire and we smoke and ur shits just good schwag. But the list is a must have. This should be a pothead poster.

damn we need to revive this thread!!!

how about:

NEVER take credit for weed thats not entirely yours

NEVER buy bud with a friend(s) and offer to hold it to the next seh, split that shit!

NEVER name your connect unless hes cool with it

NEVER leave a friend hanging and not call after promising a session

NEVER barrow someones piece for a verrrry long time, buy your cheap ass a piece

NEVER arrive to a sesh with no bud and only drinks/food for yourself

ALWAYS offer to replace pieces/bongs you broke

ALWAYS offer the person your smoking with to go eat if your already going

:nicethread::nicethread:

Don't force those who don't want to smoke.
Don't make fun of a guy because he smokes small cones.
Don't make fun of a guy because he coughs on a cone.
Don't suck the bong.
Don't leave the mouth piece wet as the ocean.
Always make contributions.
Don't use the bong as a microphone.

But in my personal circle, i have some rules.
1.Don't expose a smoker.
2.If a smoker denies his rotation, he is from there on excluded and must buy back in, or appeal to the packer.
3.The packer holds sanction.
4.If its your first time smoking with us, you must smoke the first cone.
6.You don't lie.

My giving the first hit to my guest can't be considered bad etiquette.

Consideration for one's guests, matched by consideration for one's host is the essence of etiquette.

Conventions like forks on the left or pass the bowl clockwise only serve to keep things from bumping into each other. The core of etiquette is consideration for others.

Happy 4/20!!!!

I'm glad someone came up like I did -

In my smoking circles, you never sparked (lit) a bowl you packed - you hand it to a guest. After that, the fresh bowl went to the person who had to suck down the ashes of the last one.

This thread should be included in a PM to all new members!

If you check out my gallery I created an aesthetically pleasing poster of the rules. It is a large file but if any of you would like it. It is made to be printed in an 8.5 x 11 but I could make it as large as you want - poster size for people that need to be very clear on the rules... Specify the size if you would like anything other than normal paper size...

Hope you enjoy!!
:peace:

Nice work smokeart

x420_SE.jpg

11.) Never talk while holding the joint.

for all u up and comin smokers, pay close attention to this 1.
i got a couple friends who never have a dam thing to say until u hand em a joint, then all of a sudden, yap yap yap yap yap
i hate to say "puff puff pass motherfudger", but, i will ... :peace:

Back
Top Bottom