Social etiquette for Cannabis users

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
ALWAYS:
1.) When lighting a fresh pipe, only light a corner of the bud and save some fresh taste for the next person. After the 4 corners are lit, flip the bud over and you will have fresh green bud underneath.
2.) Dry your lips before taking a puff.
3.) Clean your bud thoroughly, for the pleasure and taste.
4.) Always clear the chamber/s of the water pipe.
5.) Pass the water pipe if you begin to violently cough. (helps prevent spillage).
6.) Clean your accessories. There is no taste on earth that compares to the vulgarity of black stale bong water.
7.) Share the herb, bc karma is a bitch.
8.) Tell your fellow brother or sister that you love them by pointing out that they have resin on their lips or teeth.
9.) Roll with one paper.
10.) De-seed and de-stem your pot.
11.) Save roaches.

NEVER:
1.) Hand a person a kicked pipe.
2.) Pass your lighter with the pipe. Too many lighters never get back to the owner.
3.) Pussy-out before the pipe is cashed. Finish smoking the shitty tasting pipe like everyone else. Also, it really sucks when it comes time to smoke another pipe because you either waste the half spent pipe or have to smoke it before you can enjoy a freshy.
4.) Toke and run unless it is known. It leaves everyone with the feeling of being used. Smoking is something that is better enjoyed with the company of loved ones and new friends, so sit back and relax.
5.) Lick the whole joint for a "slow burn."
6.) Hogging the reefer to yourself is often known as "Bogarting," punishable by death.
7.) Never roll your weed with "lumber" (sticks/stems).
8.) Never roll a "popcorn joint" (marijuana cigarettes with seeds).
9.) Criticize another's weed after smoking it.
10.) Spill the Bong water.
11.) Never talk while holding the joint.
12.) Scrape your friend's pipes.
13.) Don't skim others bags.
14.) Don't hand someone a clogged bong.
15.) Never narc.

to be continued.... please help add to this list!

Re: Social etiquette for Cannabis smokers

I really appreciate the thread. I smoke with a couple of younger workers and they laughed at me because I only light on the corner of the bowl. I have known this to be proper etiquette for years, and therefore, have printed a copy of this list for my fellow workers. Just because we are pot smokers, doesn't mean that we are to act uncivilized. These are courtesies that we all should observe.

And here is my addition:
Never leave a roach in someone's ashtray without permission.

Great list! I'm going to post it in my session room so everyone can see!

THIS IS A GREAT LIST.
def. need to highlight the dry your lips tip. and hand this to my friend bryan. if you look up soggy joint on the net. odds are youll find him under it.

ahh. i think i finally thought of a contribution to the list. and it is actually more of a rule for yourself. NEVER: Let people you do NOT intend to smoke with know you have pot.

See i follow these rules becuase when i started i always was criticised becuase i made a smoking mistake

Now i hate it when i smoke with ametuers becuase they always torch the weed and get slobber all over the bowl, i hate that the most

I now follow the rules of smoking, it comes naturally after a while tho

I agree with everything that was listed, good thread.

How about
If a friend smokes you up one time, return the favor the next time around.

I think you forgot a "never". NEVER drool in the bong! :rofl:

damn moose. i feel for you on that one. i def. see why he gets his own bong. how does he fare with joints or blunts?

ahhh. i figured joints would be just as bad. i was wrong.

In matters concerning etiquette, I try to savour meeting people from other traditions, different than mine. Queen Victoria's actions with the finger bowl showed her exquisitely good manners.

One courtesy that I try to show is that if I ask someone, "Hey, I've got weed, do you have a pipe?", I give the pipe supplier the green hit.

As I reflect on it; whenever I supply the weed, I try to give the green hit to my guest as a part of hospitality.

Those sound like two courteous practices that are worthy of inclusion in this list.

Back
Top Bottom