SofaKing Grows Kushes For Your Tushes In Coco: 1600W HPS Summer '18

SofaKing Dope

Welcome!
This is my 2nd grow journal and the summer humidity in the northeast is already becoming troublesome but here goes nothing!
As of now i have 5 remaining plants that im going to flower. They have all been vegging for the last 2 months and with a little luck they will be harvested in about 2 more!
Strains-photo
Og kush- 2 plants 10 gal
Blueberry kush- 1 plant 5 gal
Amnesia- 1 plant 7 gal
Autoflower-
Sour kush- 1 plant 15 gal pot growing outdoors in coco.
The photo period plants are growing indoors in a 60/40 coco perlite blend with ewc amendments. They were vegged under a 1000w mh and assuming i can get a handle on the temps in my room they will be flowered under 1 1000w hps and 1 600w hps.
Other equipment-
1. 8" inline fan
1. 6" 440 cfm fan/carbon filter
4. House fans
1. 12000 btu stand up a/c
The grow space is about 15'×13' but not all of it is being used this grow because i cant run all my lighting due to heat.
It is currently day 3 of flower i may end up using a scrog set up but havent decided yet and in any case im going to catch everyone up from the begining and post everything i have on this grow over the next day or so.
All are welcome feel free to ask question, give tips, criticism, chat, whatever strikes your fancy.

Ill try to update my pics again tonight. I ended up topping or super cropping pretty much all them again because they are stretching pretty good already. Ive never done that during flowering before but as of now they dont seem to mind one bit.
Its still possible that ill scrog them as soon as i get my temps a little more incheck. I may just let them do their thing and just keep bending away though. Im not very decisive lol.
I started giving half strenth flower nutes a week before flip and im still giving them that and they all seem pretty healthy. The amnesia seems to struggle the most with the humidity to this point.

Og kush day 10 in flower
Im still feeding them all at like 50% strength heavy 16 nutes. They get fed every other day. They smell amaz-balls especially the amnesia, but its not as healthy as the kushes. The og from these pics seems bullet proof it has looked really healthy from the jump. The blueberry kush smells really sweet but im not getting any berry yet? Bk also seems to be the only one not throwing out pistols yet either. i may get rid of her altogether if she doesnt wake up soon, space is at a premium right now with my light restrictions.

Fu@$ the rain and humidity! Mother nature is doing her worst to my outdoor plant. Sour kush is holding on but im not sure shes got 3-4 weeks left in her unless the rain and humidity go away. Im not even sure how much time she has left? Shes throwing orange hairs on all the lower buds bud the main cola is still white ive never had budrot before but i have a bad feeling now. The buds are really sticky and soooo sweet and fruity smelling, its hard to nail down kinda like big league chew mixed with lemon heads?
Indoors i got my dehue set up so the rh is staying under 60 when the lights are out thats an improvement but not good enough. Im really thinking about getting rid of a cpl plants to give them more room to breath. I just dont know which ones? Also i need to scrog the big og kush if im going to but i may be the most indecisive person alive.
I dont get any traffic here yet but id like to hear what others think about cutting my plant count to help with humidity and air flow.

top of the evening you ya mr.Dope and I love the looks of that Sour Kush. I have a 1 month old OG Kush going at the moment.. I'm unable to really give an opinion on your RH prob as I don't grow indoors yet but I do know that if you put a shallow tray with really coarse rock salt in your set up it will help with RH brother....

But I know some peeps who grow indoors that would be happy to stop on by..... @Bilbobudkin420 @John Wick @Mr. Magoo @Mr.Sauga among a few who I reckon you'd get on handsomely with mr.D....:welcome::cheer::goodjob:

60% isn't horrible indoors. Ideally you would like it lower in flower but as long as they have ample air flowing in and around them you should be good.

I don't judge the readiness by the hairs. I use a USB microscope and look at the trichs. I look for cloudy with some amber.

60% isn't horrible indoors. Ideally you would like it lower in flower but as long as they have ample air flowing in and around them you should be good.

I don't judge the readiness by the hairs. I use a USB microscope and look at the trichs. I look for cloudy with some amber.
Ya me too.
This one for me is tough.
I have had strains like the 2 phenos now that the trichs seem to form cloudy from the start. Others stay clear forever.
Generally I agree but if everything else points to ripe and the trichs are clearish with some amberish now and then it's likely ready also. If I can find amber in the mid canopy I harvest. 1-5% amber for me. All milky if possible.
Just know some strains may not show as well.

Fu@$ the rain and humidity! Mother nature is doing her worst to my outdoor plant. Sour kush is holding on but im not sure shes got 3-4 weeks left in her unless the rain and humidity go away. Im not even sure how much time she has left? Shes throwing orange hairs on all the lower buds bud the main cola is still white ive never had budrot before but i have a bad feeling now. The buds are really sticky and soooo sweet and fruity smelling, its hard to nail down kinda like big league chew mixed with lemon heads?
Indoors i got my dehue set up so the rh is staying under 60 when the lights are out thats an improvement but not good enough. Im really thinking about getting rid of a cpl plants to give them more room to breath. I just dont know which ones? Also i need to scrog the big og kush if im going to but i may be the most indecisive person alive.
I dont get any traffic here yet but id like to hear what others think about cutting my plant count to help with humidity and air flow.
I would love to be at 60 with lights off!
I fight to keep it under 80 so I don't lose my canister but otherwise 70 is ok for me.
What I do is a double defoliation in flower to reduce humidity among other things, one at week 2 12/12 and one at week 3.5. Test the cuts first if your working with clones if doing seeds only maybe not a good idea because you cannot take back stress:) Looking good otherwise! Let hope that outdoor Kush hold up!

Back
Top Bottom