SofaKing Grows Kushes For Your Tushes In Coco: 1600W HPS Summer '18

top of the evening you ya mr.Dope and I love the looks of that Sour Kush. I have a 1 month old OG Kush going at the moment.. I'm unable to really give an opinion on your RH prob as I don't grow indoors yet but I do know that if you put a shallow tray with really coarse rock salt in your set up it will help with RH brother....

But I know some peeps who grow indoors that would be happy to stop on by..... @Bilbobudkin420 @John Wick @Mr. Magoo @Mr.Sauga among a few who I reckon you'd get on handsomely with mr.D....:welcome::cheer::goodjob:
Thanks alot Smeegol! I apreciate it. Thats a good idea with salt, unfortunately after 4 days of clouds and rain i lost the sour kush to bud rot :(. I had it covered ok but it didnt help. I have 2 more seeds not sure if i should start a new one right away? It smelled so amazing but as this was my first outdoor plant i dont know if its to late in the season to start it outside? Also not sure if the parts of the plant not yet affected by mold are still smokable? Im thinking not worth it.

60% isn't horrible indoors. Ideally you would like it lower in flower but as long as they have ample air flowing in and around them you should be good.

I don't judge the readiness by the hairs. I use a USB microscope and look at the trichs. I look for cloudy with some amber.
Thanks for stopping in Sam! Also you make me feel better about my rh. I actually spoke a little to soon thinking my dehue was keeping me under 60%. Its been going up to like 75ish at lights off the last few days and settling at about 59% with the lights on. That being said i have lots of airflow, too much really but id rather a few wind burnt leaves than pm.
I also use a 60x jewlers loop to check trichs i just use the hairs changing color as a sign that its time to bust out the loop.:Namaste:

I would love to be at 60 with lights off!
I fight to keep it under 80 so I don't lose my canister but otherwise 70 is ok for me.
What I do is a double defoliation in flower to reduce humidity among other things, one at week 2 12/12 and one at week 3.5. Test the cuts first if your working with clones if doing seeds only maybe not a good idea because you cannot take back stress:) Looking good otherwise! Let hope that outdoor Kush hold up!
Thanks Phenoman! I have pretty much the same view on trichs, all milky and even better if i see a small percentage of amber. Imho i get the best flavor with a small amount of amber as apposed to waiting.
This run and my c99 and ww run have been from feminized seeds but i use to run clones untill i got a bad batch and had to battle pm a cpl years ago.
The sour kush didnt make it (budrot) some of the plant still seems unaffected but i dont think ill chance it. Trichs were like 90% cloudy yesterday so i was close but i guess ill just have to try again.:thanks:

At some point today im gonna throw up some pics the indoor ladies look pretty good, ive really mailed it in on the training but they are pretty healthy. I should really scrog them this week, im pretty embarassed with how uneven and non-uniform everything is. Its not like me to just let them do their own thing but i havent had time. I may just use bamboo poles instead of scrogging.

Thanks Phenoman! I have pretty much the same view on trichs, all milky and even better if i see a small percentage of amber. Imho i get the best flavor with a small amount of amber as apposed to waiting.
This run and my c99 and ww run have been from feminized seeds but i use to run clones untill i got a bad batch and had to battle pm a cpl years ago.
The sour kush didnt make it (budrot) some of the plant still seems unaffected but i dont think ill chance it. Trichs were like 90% cloudy yesterday so i was close but i guess ill just have to try again.:thanks:
Sorry to hear about the budrot:(
That worries me of course and I think I would be much less of a risk taker had I gone through that.
I am really starting to consider one of them new fangled home depot sheds for a grow.
This way I can run sealed with LED.
I can give it it's own panel with,
Can do a mini split, 4 HLG550, Co2, dehumidifier etc.
I am starting to consider applying the investment / savings in this fashion rather than looking for a house with a great basement.... just a thought.

I said id have pics last night i lied. But here we go now:cool:.
So all the ladies are at 16 days into flower and doing really well. The blueberry kush has had me worried because its well behind the rest, but its finally joining her sisters and throwing pistols.
Amnesia is doing really well and at this point is the one im most excited to try! It has a strong citrus aroma almost like a box of lemonheads.
Og kushs are monsters!! Im kinda embarassed over my lack of training this go round, the first og has some super cropping.
Og#2 is my fav! Shes in desperate need of scrogging after being topped a few times she stand at 5.5' and seems bullet proof.

Good morning Dope,
Dude, no joke on OG kush being monsters!!
My OG kush Progeny (Forum GSC x Obiwan OG Kush) does ALL of their growing in flower.
I cannot let them veg for even a week out of my cloner without expecting a fight or having scrog them.
Both cuts.
I let them veg 6 days to harden before the flip and was way overgrown so next time it's right into 12/12 from the cloner.
I am just so in love with these two girls Dope, that I will rope them as needed for that stuff:)
See the number 5, GSC pheno hardens quick in the flower stretch whilst the 10 doesn't ever really completely harden. This makes for scrogging a bit of a hassle. Needs to be done quick with a good eye for where things will end up.

Looking good!

I just tried some Huckleberry grown locally by our grow store employee and I gotta say he nailed it. He used Coco/perlight but Heavy 16 nutes which I see you have. It was his first ever grow, 20oz from a single plant under a KW light vegged 8 weeks!!, Anyway, I'm so impressed by the flush/smoothness - something that i've been on a kick to get right and now that i'm in the smaller pots it should ne easier to flush I hope.
Do you use the Heavy 16 Finish product?
What is your flush/finish consist of?

Thanks in advance and hope that you have a great day!

Good morning Dope,
Dude, no joke on OG kush being monsters!!
My OG kush Progeny (Forum GSC x Obiwan OG Kush) does ALL of their growing in flower.
I cannot let them veg for even a week out of my cloner without expecting a fight or having scrog them.
Both cuts.
I let them veg 6 days to harden before the flip and was way overgrown so next time it's right into 12/12 from the cloner.
I am just so in love with these two girls Dope, that I will rope them as needed for that stuff:)
See the number 5, GSC pheno hardens quick in the flower stretch whilst the 10 doesn't ever really completely harden. This makes for scrogging a bit of a hassle. Needs to be done quick with a good eye for where things will end up.

Looking good!

I just tried some Huckleberry grown locally by our grow store employee and I gotta say he nailed it. He used Coco/perlight but Heavy 16 nutes which I see you have. It was his first ever grow, 20oz from a single plant under a KW light vegged 8 weeks!!, Anyway, I'm so impressed by the flush/smoothness - something that i've been on a kick to get right and now that i'm in the smaller pots it should ne easier to flush I hope.
Do you use the Heavy 16 Finish product?
What is your flush/finish consist of?

Thanks in advance and hope that you have a great day!
Thanks pheno! Sounds like youve got some really nice genetics running!!! Ive been trying to do some research as to what pheno/genetics of OG im running no success yet all i can find from the seed bank wich is out of california is they say they verify the genetics? So far all of the seeds and different strains have germinated and turned out great in my opinion.
Heavy 16 is the only nute line ive ever used. My freind that got me into growing used it with great results in coco/pearlite so i figured if it isnt broke.... I use the whole line including Finish (their flush product). My current flush routine is as soon as i start to see amber trichs, or all cloudy depending on strain i stop all nutes except for 10 ml/pgal of finish in regular tap water non buffered. They usually arent drinking as much at this point but the goal is to give them atleast 2 good waterings like this then 1 final watering with just plain water. After that i let the pots dry out and chop away. Ive also feed them right up to chop and not noticed a big difference in the finished product but i do atleast attempt to flush all of them now. Ive read that you only beed to run the (Finish) for the last 2 weeks but ive found i get much better nutrient uptake if i add 2.5 ml per gal with every other feeding in veg and every feeding in flower.
I also amend my media with earthworm castings and try to make a cpl guano teas in late veg and i personally feel like that makes a huge difference in flavor too.
Thats kinda a rough outline for what i try to do i hope that helps but im pretty familar with heavy (only because i havent tried anything else) if you have any ?s.
Im hoping to get some new pics up later on been a busy few days but im back in the swing of things.

Thats bbk still laging way behind.

Og kush at day 21 and 23 of flower they are both gorgeous, the first one needs some training big time.

Those are amnesia. They smell incredible!!! Also they might end up being the frostiest plants ive grown to date. They are sooooo sticky already!!! Anyway just a picture dump well i had a few minutes hope everyone enjoys the day. :peace:

Thats bbk still laging way behind.

Og kush at day 21 and 23 of flower they are both gorgeous, the first one needs some training big time.

Those are amnesia. They smell incredible!!! Also they might end up being the frostiest plants ive grown to date. They are sooooo sticky already!!! Anyway just a picture dump well i had a few minutes hope everyone enjoys the day. :peace:
Sofa your plants look great really pretty girls. I just finished harvesting my OG Kush that I had vegged for about six weeks and flowered about 75 days, it is in the fridge now doing low and slow. I love the OG Kush and I always try to have three to five of it in any grow it is so easy to grow and not bad weight. That allows me to have three to five of other strains. Right now waiting for Skywalker Kush to finish up and then we start all over again. This last grow I had trained the crap out of them and they still got away from me in flower growing way past the lights so I kept bending them hard and they were my best buds on the bent stems, it's really hard to hurt them. This grow I have had bad humidity problems it has been hard to keep it below 80. It has been hot and rainy this summer, I have had to run the a/c 24/7 I have a dehumidifier but it causes too much heat. I'm anticipating fall big time, my grows are must better in the fall/winter than summer. I have pictures of my OG Kush in my journal, they look a lot like yours.

:passitleft:

Sofa your plants look great really pretty girls. I just finished harvesting my OG Kush that I had vegged for about six weeks and flowered about 75 days, it is in the fridge now doing low and slow. I love the OG Kush and I always try to have three to five of it in any grow it is so easy to grow and not bad weight. That allows me to have three to five of other strains. Right now waiting for Skywalker Kush to finish up and then we start all over again. This last grow I had trained the crap out of them and they still got away from me in flower growing way past the lights so I kept bending them hard and they were my best buds on the bent stems, it's really hard to hurt them. This grow I have had bad humidity problems it has been hard to keep it below 80. It has been hot and rainy this summer, I have had to run the a/c 24/7 I have a dehumidifier but it causes too much heat. I'm anticipating fall big time, my grows are must better in the fall/winter than summer. I have pictures of my OG Kush in my journal, they look a lot like yours.

:passitleft:
Thanks for swinging by jax! I checked out your journal the other night looking good over there! This is my first run with og but so far they have been a really hassle free. And i love how delicious they smell! As for the humidity ive been battling it too, my dehumidifier runs 24/7 as well as an ac unit. :rollit::passitleft:heres to hoping we all make it through the summer fungus free! I normally do alot more training wise so i hopefully i get decent weight, eitherway theyve been a pleasure so far

And then theres the big dogs the og kushes!! So far im kinda in love with these plants. Im not sure if ive ever smoked og kush before but judging by the sweet piney chemically smell they are producing in my GR. If the smoke is what my seedbank described i may end up with a new favorite.
I just like the posture of this one, wish i could get a little more light on her.
That one is nice and uniform with around 20 tops. This one is Frankenstein cuz i never ended up scrogging it lol. I should probly atleast supercrop the one lone runaway cola though.

I love the frost on the amnesia. I just started mine a week or so ago so I have a long way to go. I have been waiting to grow it out for a while now.
Thanks Sam!! Yeah ive been eyeing up amnesia for a while myself im really curious to see how it stacks up to my c99 from my previous grow. Im hoping the potency is there, c99 was a better yeilder and pretty damn good bud. The amnesia smells amazing though! Like tropical fruit or something? And she is definatly frosty as hell!!

Back
Top Bottom