Sofaking Grows Lemon Zkittles, Dinachem, Purple Kush & More In Coco! Winter '19

SofaKing Dope

Welcome everyone!
So im about to start another journal if i can shake loose the cobwebs and remember how to do so. The grow is already a couple weeks old, i wasnt sure i was doing a journal but im pretty excited about some of these strains so ive decided to go for it.
Im gonna keep this first post short incase im doing this wrong and i will update with all the info as soon as im sure ive done it right.

Theres a couple baby pics!
As i stated this is a few weeks old. So heres where we are at.
Lights- vegging under 1000w hortilux eye blue mh and 600w trueblu mh
Flowering with 2 1000w hortilux super hps 1 600w hortilux hps 2 400w hortilux mh optional.
Medium- urbin jargen coco mixed with 30-40% pearlite and lightly amended with earth worm castings
Pots- 5 gal smart pots. If i add more strains they will be in 2 gallon bags.
Grow room- 12'by15' irregular shaped room with a furnace. I 8inch inline fan bringing fresh air. 1 6 inch fan and carbon filter. 1 4inch exhaust fan. Several other oscillating and floor fans. And a humidifier.
What are we growing so far?
Purple kush fem seed-growers choice
Amnesia fem seed-growers choice
Bluedream fem seed-humbolt
Dinachem fem seed-dinafem
Lemon Zkittles fem seed-Dp
Ive only seen the lemon zkittles done a couple times and it sounds delicious. This is kind of a test run on her, just one seed this time but i have more for my next run.
Ive wanted to grow dinachem since my very first grow so im probly most excited about that.
So my goal was to flip these on the first after a 3-2 weeks of veg. Unfortunatly the bluedreams amnesia and to a lesser degree the lemon z had a rough couple weeks and i think ph swings in my coco really retarded their progress. Ive had to give them a little longer to catch up, i topped most of them yesterday and ill do the last 3 tomorrow. Hopefully i can flip them in about a week or 2 at the most. My plan is to set up a scrog and i will if i get the hardware in time. Sorry so long winded ill post some pics later on tonight.

As you can see the bd still look pretty crumby but its an im provement over last week....
You can see they look pretty dirpy. If they bounce back from the topping they should be ok. All the new growth looks better, im just hopping the ph swings didnt stress them to the point of nanners.

Closests is the topped Pk, she has been the strongest so far and doubles the size of the rest. That being said the 2 purple kush and the amnesia to their left were the first seeds i cracked. They have ginormous leaves! Im pretty excited to try it, its my first time with all these strains except amnesia which has been the fan favorite of my last harvest.

Hopefully the last 3 get topped today, procrastinating killed it yesterday.
On another note im considering adding a few more plants in 1-2 gallon bags that will go straight to flowering once established. I have quite a few seeds to choose from so if anybody has a real efinity to see any of these please chime in cuz i cant make up my mind. Some of these i dont wanna waste on a short veg but alot of them are freebies.
Jack herer fem seedsman
Grape roll up? Fem Tga
Geloto-g fem seedsman
Blueberry kush fem growers choice
Critical orange punch fem
Gorilla cookies #4 fem
Critical fem
Hawaii maui waui fem
Insta kush fem
Sour kush auto growers choice
Im sure i forgot something but these are in the running. Im thinking blueberry kush and jack herer but any opinions would be apprieciated!:peace::peace:

Amnesia after a little topping.
Two blue dream are in the front. They still look pretty crumby. Im thinking its a ph problem so i keep trying to flush them out with extra waterings. Lemon Zkittles is top left she looks healthier but has some of the tightest spacing ive seen everything is right on top itself. Im interested to see how she stretches. Back right is Dinachem shes been slow and steady, the topping didnt seem to phase her at all.

Thats the smaller Purple Kush shes about 40 days in veg. They all lost about a week of progress with ph issues early but she is coming back strong i topped her a few days back and trimmed some lowers tonight.

Thats the bigger Purple Kush shes the only one thats seemed fairly happy all the way through from seed. Those are before and after trimming pics from tonight.
Thats the amnesia shes looking a little locked out. When i fed her lastnight the runoff ph was really low so i may flush her out tomorrow.
The blue dreams are in the front and still look really crappy? Their runoff ph was 6 and the mix went in at 6 pretty good so im really not sure why they seem so sad. They look deficient but also have clawing?
Thats the Dinachem at around 35 days veg looking pretty good. CAN NOT wait to try her.:p
And last but certainly not least at right around 30-35 days veg Lemon Zkittles. Shes starting to stretch out a little but still just really really compact. She emits a pretty tangy funk thats intriguing.
Also i went out today and grabbed some 2×4s to build the scrog frame with so hopefully i can get that done tomorrow.

So yesterday i got the frame of my scrog built and moved a couple lights around. The scrog is 8 feet by 5 feet, pretty good size. I have it covered with 2 1000w mh lights right now. I will definatly be suplimenting that with a cpl 400w mh when i change the 1000s over to hps. Possibly even incorporating in a 600w hps aswell, havent made up my mind if im gonna add anymore plants to the room or just focus on the scrog.
Anywho ill have some more pics of the plants before and after the trellis went on tomorrow.

Theres a couple baby pics!
As i stated this is a few weeks old. So heres where we are at.
Lights- vegging under 1000w hortilux eye blue mh and 600w trueblu mh
Flowering with 2 1000w hortilux super hps 1 600w hortilux hps 2 400w hortilux mh optional.
Medium- urbin jargen coco mixed with 30-40% pearlite and lightly amended with earth worm castings
Pots- 5 gal smart pots. If i add more strains they will be in 2 gallon bags.
Grow room- 12'by15' irregular shaped room with a furnace. I 8inch inline fan bringing fresh air. 1 6 inch fan and carbon filter. 1 4inch exhaust fan. Several other oscillating and floor fans. And a humidifier.
What are we growing so far?
Purple kush fem seed-growers choice
Amnesia fem seed-growers choice
Bluedream fem seed-humbolt
Dinachem fem seed-dinafem
Lemon Zkittles fem seed-Dp
Ive only seen the lemon zkittles done a couple times and it sounds delicious. This is kind of a test run on her, just one seed this time but i have more for my next run.
Ive wanted to grow dinachem since my very first grow so im probly most excited about that.
So my goal was to flip these on the first after a 3-2 weeks of veg. Unfortunatly the bluedreams amnesia and to a lesser degree the lemon z had a rough couple weeks and i think ph swings in my coco really retarded their progress. Ive had to give them a little longer to catch up, i topped most of them yesterday and ill do the last 3 tomorrow. Hopefully i can flip them in about a week or 2 at the most. My plan is to set up a scrog and i will if i get the hardware in time. Sorry so long winded ill post some pics later on tonight.
Nice Dope! I didn't know anyone else running Lemon Zkittle! I'm pulling up a chair to compare notes.
I've been putting off cracking them to make a video, had a tent malfunction and things got pushed back but great to see you running that Dutch Passion goodness:)

Nice Dope! I didn't know anyone else running Lemon Zkittle! I:)
Lemon Z sounds very tasteful. I`m in for this ride:)
Welcome to my growroom guys!! All are welcome and apprieciated. Feel free to jump in whenever and wherever. Im definatly pumped to try out Lemon Zkittle. That and the dinachem are the crown jewels of this grow. The LZ has been easy peasy so far. It is however still much smaller than the rest of the plants im running, its really squat with extremly tight internodal spacing. This is a test grow of only one LZ. My next run will have atleast 2 more. Im curious if they always stay this compact in veg. I have a feeling shes gonna double in size during the stretch.

Couple pics of lastnight getting the trellis net on the frame and getting everything woven in.
That one is today after they bounced back a little.

Those are the big Pk. She was pretty tall so i did some aggresive supercropping hope she bounces back i over did it a bit.
Thats the better of the Blue Dream shes got a little purpling left on the stock but she seems to have recovered from her early struggles.
Last but certainly not least the short Lemon Zkittle. Shes got plenty of room to stretch out when i flip them in a few days. From handling her today i was getting a really nice sweet aroma.

Looks great man!

Just let my mind float around a bit about the development of strain names over time...

From NL#5, Haze and Skunk to modern stuff with names like the Lemon Z you`re growing and the double banana sherbert I got going. It has changed. Thats 4 sure!:)

Looks great man!

Just let my mind float around a bit about the development of strain names over time...

From NL#5, Haze and Skunk to modern stuff with names like the Lemon Z you`re growing and the double banana sherbert I got going. It has changed. Thats 4 sure!:)
Thanks for the kind words! I agree about the names. Seems like people have caught on that a slick name sells. As a matter of fact it took me a while to get my wife on board with growing amnesia the first time strickly because she was like "ugh i hate when i forget stuff, that sounds horrible" . That being said double banana sherbert sounds delicious lol! Do you have a journal going on it? Definatly sounds interesting.

Thanks for the kind words! I agree about the names. Seems like people have caught on that a slick name sells. As a matter of fact it took me a while to get my wife on board with growing amnesia the first time strickly because she was like "ugh i hate when i forget stuff, that sounds horrible" . That being said double banana sherbert sounds delicious lol! Do you have a journal going on it? Definatly sounds interesting.

Just started a journal. Growing Rugburn OG and Cookie Ox from Rare Dankness as well. As the seeds broke ground only 5-6 days a go its not much exciting going on yet. The Double Banana Sherbert is a new strain from The Plug which are quite new in the seed business, but have long experience from coffee shops and cannabis clubs in Europe. Its a cross of Karmas Strawberry banana cream (Strawberry banana x the white) and crockets sour banana sherbert which is made up of AJs Sour Diesel x banana sherbert (Which is believed to be a cross of Sunset Sherbet and Banana Kush or Banana OG).

Will probably update later this week when some more leafes have popped. So far 13 of 13 is healthy and growing good:)

Planning to SCROG myself. Will use your journal as a guide to that:)

Sounds like you have some pretty sweet genetics, im gonna have to check out your journal. You should add a link to your journal in your signature if you can. Im a tech idiot so i have to get my wife to do it for me lol.
Building and training plants into a scrog can be alot of work but i didnt do it on my last run and i regretted it pretty bad. In my setup i feel like the yield is so much better in a trellis. In my first journal i scrogged c-99 and white widow. The c99 scrog turned into a massive jungle of huge 16 oz bottle sized nugs. I had to add a 2nd net for support on the cindys, wich i may need to do again on these after the stretch this run aswell.
Ive been feeding with bloom nutes for the last week and im pretty sure tomorrow is the big day! Thats right flip day! I will be on later to post some pics and what not. Have a good day everybody!:peace::peace:

Back
Top Bottom