SofaKing's Grow Show!

I know, I finally get my 4 seeds to germinate and Im getting 100 degree temps in my box.... I was like "WHAT THE HELL!" I nearly pulled all my hair out but I did a BUNCH of research and I figured the best combo for the lease amount of money. I bought 12 water bottles and I've dissolved a teaspoon of salt in to each bottle and I'll rotate 6 frozen bottles in and out of my ice chest air conditioner. I suspect I can get about 6 to 8 hours on a set of 6 bottles at a time. My wife and I'll both be watching the temps and ice since I work at nights and she during the day, its kinda convenient. My Ideal temp i'd like to go for is 80 but if 84 is my average I'll be happy and since I got co2 in there i'm not too worried. I really hope this is a good grow. Now my next hurdle is finding out if I have a male plant... lol *sigh*

also optimum temps for cannabis is around 81 degrees but with the co2 it can increase so you really have nothing to worry about there

my temps have been steady at 84-86. pretty happy camper here.

thanks guys for the advice you all have givin. So far the temps havent reached above 86. Its looking good. I do have bad news though... well actually more like a concern. one of my seedlings isnt looking so good. have a look and tell me what you think.
IMG_20130918_190639_1_.jpg

Also when I transplanted my last seed into my pod, the tip of the root split off.... will this kill the seed? I hope these two are ok. The other two are thriving so I dont know whats up with that one above. Any help... thanks guys.

took a look at all of them today and they are all doing great. Actually the one that i mentioned the root tip split off seems to have grown faster then the others. Last night before I set the seedling in the pod, it was all the way in the pod hole. This morning, it had popped up past the rocks and is as big as the rest. Looking good.

glad that all your seedlings came out ok

A sad update. Im giving up on DWC, my first attempt is abust and the second set of seedlings all died. I'm going back to mother nature and growing in organic soil. I've grown this way before and I know how to do this best. DWC was a dream that was sparked by the people talked about getting with DWC, I'm going to keep the ScrOG setup but grow in soil. So its off to find new seeds once again.

It would help if your seedlings had more established roots before you place them in your Deep Water Culture. If you look at how rockwool rooted clones with more established roots that reach the bottom of the net pot are placed in a Deep Water Culture i think that would help you. If you wanted to try Deep Water Culture again I would grow your seeds so they have more established roots before placing them in your Deep Water Culture system.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom