SOG If You Will - Call it What You Want - Gr8

I wouldn't say way above 65 but you can run dwc at 72+\- no problem as long as you stay away from benis and/or organics and use h2o2. Dwc isn't the greatest for organics anyhow but as long as you run a semi sterile res it can be done. It's obviously not ideal but it'll work without a chiller.

I am definitely going to switch to some kind of grow bags or something I can get a wider root zone rather than deeper buckets or pots.

Re: SOG if you will, call it what you want....gr8

Update time, I took a lot of pics being that I dont do it to often!

Here is reservoir for plants in week 3-7. I have another pump circulating water for good mixture. Nutes are: Advanced nutrients grow, micro and bloom base, magical, beastie bloomz, bud candy

IMG_05039.JPG

Here is reservoir for plants in week 1-2
Advanced nutrients grow, micro, bloom, open sesame
IMG_05049.JPG

Here is my RO/DI filter
IMG_05057.JPG

RO/DI reservoir with float valve.
IMG_05066.JPG

Plants in flower all with a top drip emitter
IMG_05077.JPG

IMG_05087.JPG

IMG_05095.JPG

IMG_05109.JPG

IMG_05149.JPG

IMG_05159.JPG

IMG_05166.JPG

IMG_05188.JPG

IMG_05198.JPG

IMG_05208.JPG

IMG_05233.JPG

IMG_05245.JPG

IMG_05256.JPG

IMG_05266.JPG

Plants in veg with LEDS on a light rail
IMG_05297.JPG

4 mom plants
IMG_05316.JPG

Soon the to be fifth mom. Discontinued fem. G13 Haze bean I bought over a year ago and decided it is time for her to come to life. Recently topped 2 days ago.
IMG_05326.JPG

25 site areo cloner
IMG_05339.JPG

roots after 10 days
IMG_05347.JPG

A little experiment plant using all organic crafted soil and pure water...no pH-ing
IMG_05357.JPG

Ozone generator I have out side of main grow room that holds all the tents
IMG_05375.JPG

Soil mixing room with a lot of different amendments
IMG_05385.JPG

Pine Apple Express mom
IMG_05416.JPG

Gigabud mom
IMG_05424.JPG

Big budda cheese mom
IMG_05438.JPG

LA woman
IMG_05447.JPG

nice job man, sounds like you stay busy.

Thanks man, I am waiting for some messed up plants to cycle out of my bloom tent.

When I first started this grow I was doing it with the intent of being all organic. I spent all this time and research locating organic amendments to blend my own soil that would only require to be fed pure water.

Well long story short it didnt work. After hand blending like 100 gallons of soil and letting it cook for 5+ week the plants responded horribly bad. I was close to pulling the cord on the whole operation because it cost so much up keep and was not producing enough to even cover light bills, ext.

I made a split decision to convert back to coco because its what I know best. So in 4 more weeks everything will be coco again and ill be harvesting coco grown plants which I am shooting for one zip a plant. :tokin:

I still dont know what went wrong with my organic experiment. Im still going to test it out until I find a blend that works awesome but I shouldnt have 100% switch over to organics until I messed with it and figured it out. That mistake cost me a lot of money but now I am on the right track.

Does anyone know what a plant poisoned by a toxic tent looks like?

I've been battling a funky problem with only some strains for a very long time. I have tried every single possible solution and am now out of ideas.

Im left questioning if my tent is discharging some type of toxic gas, but it just does not seem feasible. Its a new tent way long before the tents that did release poisons gas.

Im truly stumped:thedoubletake::helpsmilie::hmmmm:

Does anyone know what a plant poisoned by a toxic tent looks like?

I've been battling a funky problem with only some strains for a very long time. I have tried every single possible solution and am now out of ideas.

Im left questioning if my tent is discharging some type of toxic gas, but it just does not seem feasible. Its a new tent way long before the tents that did release poisons gas.

Im truly stumped:thedoubletake::helpsmilie::hmmmm:

Your tent appears to be silver lined which would not have the issue. Problem came from tents that had the super flexible PVC inner lining (which is white). The issue is not the PVC but the plasticizers used known as phthalates. There are articles on the internet about it, but I don't think that is your issue.

Oh, happy 4/20 LED-FREAK!

Your tent appears to be silver lined which would not have the issue. Problem came from tents that had the super flexible PVC inner lining (which is white). The issue is not the PVC but the plasticizers used known as phthalates. There are articles on the internet about it, but I don't think that is your issue.

Oh, happy 4/20 LED-FREAK!

Thank you munki! I was pretty doubtful of my tent being the cause but I dont know what else to think.

Thought it was the tap water, installed my RI/DI- ran RI/DI for a few months, problem still persisted.

Tried two individual different types of mag-cal supplements, nothing.

switched from general hydroponics base nutes to advanced nutrients and still have it happening.

I dont have any pics right now but if you look at my previous pics I took two days ago you see the plants with the problem. The leafs are just a half dead yellow looking thing. Bud development doesnt seem greatly affected but I would like to figure something out. It is not pretty to look at. This is what my nutrient schedule looks like.

Veg plants: 3tbsp AN Grow/2tbsp AN micro/2tbsp General organics calmag per 5 gallons of water. 600ppm 6.0 pH
Plants are looking healthy in my veg tents, problem starts in flower....go figure

Bloom week 1-2
2tbsp AN grow/2tbsp AN micro/2tbsp AN bloom/2 tbsp Gen. organics calmag/3tsp of open sesame per 5 gallons of water. 950ishppm 6.00pH

Bloom week 3-4-5-6-7
2tbsp AN grow/3tbsp AN micro/4tbls AN bloom/2 tbsp gen.organics calmag/1 tbsp of beastie bloomz per 5 gallons. 1200ppm 6.0 pH

Bloom week 8-9
5 gallons of RO/DI water with 2tsp of Gravity and 4tsp of over drive then chop 250ppm 6.0pH

I do have an ozone running about 20ft from the bloom tent but it only comes on for 2 mins every one hour. So I doubt that is it. I dont know, ill continue to think about it like I have been until something clicks :peacetwo:

I got some more pics to share.

I have 25 more days until I start harvesting every 7 days. Im pretty excited!! Im guessing the first 3 rows will be about 4 ounces total but the rows to follow will be in the 5s. Just the process of tweaking and dialing in.

The pic of the solo plant in the airpot is a Pineapple express which im using to test my organic soil. So far the plant is thriving and kicking ass, I have done nothing but watered her with plain H20. She is about 3 weeks into veg and is my test plant, if I can get here to produce from start to finish with nothing but water then I have found my soil recipe. That will make my life so much easier! Only having to drip all 45 plants in flower with plain H20, not hand mix 25 gallons of nutrients a week. woohoo I supercropped her today so she will really bush out in the days to follow!

Milwaukee-20110501-00025.jpg

Milwaukee-20110501-00021.jpg

Milwaukee-20110501-00024.jpg

Milwaukee-20110501-00018.jpg

Pineapple Express @ 4 weeks
Milwaukee-20110501-00017.jpg

Milwaukee-20110501-00012.jpg

Moms (They grow like crazy under this LED, I have to throw cuttings into my comport bin because I run out of room)
Milwaukee-20110501-00011.jpg

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

:Namaste:

So now that you have refined stuff further, i have some more questions.
what would be an ideal pot size for a SOG grow, also how tall do the plants end up? and what would be a good perpetual cycle under 600W, 1,2, or three per week?

Good questions, but I think this thread is abandoned. Try going over to this thread and ask the same things as 420fied will have some good answers.

Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Back
Top Bottom