SOG If You Will - Call it What You Want - Gr8

LED-Freak

Im not the best at keeping journals, I always start with good intentions and end up slacking. Im gonna try to prevent that from happening this round. My bad.

Anyway.....:bong:

I am crazy about growing mmj, plain and simple crazy. I think about it all the time, how I could tweek something, make it better, improve...whatever, its on my mind all the time. You know that saying "dont fix it unless its broke"? Well we all know it but when it comes to mmj I constantly want to try new stuff, improve the proven no matter how well it works! What the hell?

Guess thats just nature of the beast? I dont know how well the words beast and mmj blend together but you get what Im saying....we are on the internet, reading forums, journals, guides, how too's, all dedicated to mmj. Thats what Im talking about! Fuck ya! One common cause~one believe, and one passion! :morenutes:

So lets talk about growing some beautiful Marry.

Feel free to post up pics of what you got going on, I love looking at gardens. Share some ideas if your feeling froggy. I wont tell :cool: :blunt:

In the mean time ill let you judge my playing field.

Im working with three tents. All different in size, all different in purpose.

Tent one is for my moms, clones, and first two weeks of veg.

Tent two is for the second 2 weeks of veg

Tent three is for Bloom

I use a broad rarnge of lighting assignments, LEDS (go figure), T5, and HPS...all separated to their respective tent. At any giving time I will have 34 plants in veg (all different in size due to different weeks of growth) and 45 in Flower.

I rock it so I can harvest plants every week. So think like your planting a new garden of 5 every week and your also harvesting 5 every week.

Well if you have questions feel free to ask...Im super duper high right now. I just smoked some grade uno kief and I feel happy! Peace folks :yummy:

Mom tent, clone tent, and first 2 weeks of veg.
DSCF0292_1_.JPG

Tent 2 with LEDS on a light rail, 360w.
DSCF0300_1_.JPG

Bloom tent with 2k HPS.
DSCF0299_1_.JPG

My bloom isnt full yet but it will be in about 3-4 more weeks. 5 plants at a time every week :peacetwo:

Re: SOG if you will, call it what you want....gr8

:popcorn: I want to watch how your LEDs do with the mover. Been wanting to get one for my lights for a while as I think it is important to have the leaves see the different LED lights ... something that doesn't happen when the panels stay still.

Have you done any grows with the LED panels through flower, or do you figure you don't get enough penetration?

:popcorn: I want to watch how your LEDs do with the mover. Been wanting to get one for my lights for a while as I think it is important to have the leaves see the different LED lights ... something that doesn't happen when the panels stay still.

Have you done any grows with the LED panels through flower, or do you figure you don't get enough penetration?

whats up dude, your questioned sparked my curiosity. Let me tell ya, the LEDs preform pretty damn well on the rail. Im able to get the light close because it isnt stationary so I dont have to worry about bleaching. It seems as when the light passes over each individual plant the plant is able to receive 100% concentrated light penetration. Does that make sense? I can never tell if what Im saying makes any damn sense sometimes :tokin:

When you have the light stationary you cant have it close. Not because of heat but because of bleaching. With the rail Im literally able to put the light with in 2 inches of the canopy or closer with out the worry of bleaching. And sense the LEDs are warm and not scorching hot like HPS, as they slowly pass over the tops, it transfers the perfect amount of heat and light spectrum/penetration to the plant that it spikes photosynthesis to the max. Just my two sense :slide:

Thats why I use them for veg, because they rock!

They also work awesome for flower but not for my application. They dont provide the coverage I need like HPS can. Well that isnt true, let me rephrase that. They can cover provide coverage like HPS just not for the price HPS can.

LED can produce awesome awesome, jaw dropping, mouth watering, eyes retarded, stupid face grin....no joke BUDS, dont get me wrong :rofl::Rasta:

but lets face it, they just dont provide the same amount of "reasonable" coverage like HPS. But do they work? well for flower it we are talking one plant vs. one plant, light vs. light.....and if I had a choice- well I would pick LED.:amen:

So my 25 site areo cloner came today. Its just what the doctor ordered and was pretty inexpensive. Ill be able to have clones on stand by with the 25 sites, meaning fully rooted clones waiting for me to plant them.

Before I was taking clones out of the cloner right when I saw little roots form because I only had a 9 site areo, now Ill be able to let the clones develop a full root system in the cloner but I get to them.

What Im basically getting at is this will allow my plants to get larger during veg. which is a good thing.

Thanks 420 :thumb:

Awesome! looks fantastic. are you harvesting 5 O'z a week off the five plants or is that the goal? Do you run AC and CO2? What size fans do you use to vent your lights, im seting up somthing similar to your bloom room. I am thinking a 6" inline on each side of my 3 600W lined up. you think thats enough?

Awesome! looks fantastic. are you harvesting 5 O'z a week off the five plants or is that the goal? Do you run AC and CO2? What size fans do you use to vent your lights, im seting up somthing similar to your bloom room. I am thinking a 6" inline on each side of my 3 600W lined up. you think thats enough?

I will have A/C when the summer comes but right now I dont need it, I have to almost run heat. No C02 yet, im waiting for some yield to come so I have a base mark to go off of to see the amount of increase added.

Annnnd yea I hope for 5oz a week which I feel is really reasonable. I was running a similar system with a single 600w HPS and was averaging 2.5-3 zips a week. Now I have 2000w so I may be low balling myself but that is the approach I must take.

Once I find my sweet spot and have things dialed in I wouldnt doubt 1.5oz a plant. That may take some C02 but I never know until I get there.

Thanks for looking bro, I hope all goes well on your end with your operation. Feel free to post up some pics man, I would love to see what your working with. Take care bro! :peacetwo:

that is nice hope i can pull in those numbers this time. how did you run it with the 600W, did you use the LED for veg or what how many plants per harves?
sounds like you have the perpetual cycle down to a science, can't wait to get mine like that. my situation is just not permanent enough.

that is nice hope i can pull in those numbers this time. how did you run it with the 600W, did you use the LED for veg or what how many plants per harves?
sounds like you have the perpetual cycle down to a science, can't wait to get mine like that. my situation is just not permanent enough.

I was using a 4x4x6.5 tent for my bloomin business. A single 600w HPS using small 1 gallon square pots. I was able to fit 8 rows with 5 plants in a row. I weas amazed how well it worked so I just increased the size and amount of power.

My vegging was done by a 126w LED and a 4ft T8 shop light. It worked great. So one day I sat down and did the math and it was just well worth the investment of getting larger equipment to increase the size.

I really enjoy this perpetual cycle because so much is happening at once and requires daily/by daily attention which I also really like.

Well its been a long day of landscaping and im beat. Smokin' a nice bowl to conclude my day of hard work. Peace bro and take it easy :cool:

yeah sounds sweet, i hope to have a set up like that soon. that is amazing, 40 plants under one 600 watt. i was just growing one monster under one of my 600's haha. your was much more efficient.
Hope you don't mide me asking a zillion questions.
how long does it take your from clone to crop? and how long do you veg, is it up to preflower? I am trying to decide how many plants to place in my set up.
i have 1800W total and i have 14 seedling. i was thinking 10-12 would be good for my 12x5' area but i might just keep them all and train them well,seeing your results.
any ideas

My plans are to end up doing something similar to the 40 plants under a 600 but I'm wondering how many I can fit under a 1000 in a 4x4. I literally just put 5 average sized plants that were vegged 2.5-3 months and I can really see something different going on (my first flowering) after 24 hours of dark, 12 hours of light and now they are back in on 12/12. But I have a 60 site ez cloner doing it's thing at the moment with clones from the batch going into flower and filled with as many from my mothers that I thought I could get without stressing the moms or sacrificing clone quality. But my plan is to fill that tent with a 100 + small clones if that's attainable with a 1000 watter in this tent, it's actually 5x5 but labeled 4x4.

But above everything else your grow is looking good to say the least.

yeah sounds sweet, i hope to have a set up like that soon. that is amazing, 40 plants under one 600 watt. i was just growing one monster under one of my 600's haha. your was much more efficient.
Hope you don't mide me asking a zillion questions.
how long does it take your from clone to crop? and how long do you veg, is it up to preflower? I am trying to decide how many plants to place in my set up.
i have 1800W total and i have 14 seedling. i was thinking 10-12 would be good for my 12x5' area but i might just keep them all and train them well,seeing your results.
any ideas

I enjoy the questions, I respect the fact people take interest in this fine commodity, especially my own personal technique. Thanks!

Ill do my best to answer your questions.

From clone to crop it takes 14 weeks. 2 weeks in the areo clones, 3 weeks in veg, 9 weeks in flower. Its all about repeating your process every 7 days.

In my 4x4 tent I was using 6" square pots which allowed my to jam 40 plants in there.

A 12'x5' area is 60 sq. ft so you would want to have roughly 2500w of lighting but you can get away with 1800w for now.

Its really hard to say how many plant you could fit with out seeing the space available but are your intentions to remain perpetual? If so start with a small number until you get the hang of things. Three plants a week would be a nice start. Veg for 3 weeks but first you will need strong mother plants.

Doing perpetual you never have any down time, meaning your constantly harvesting and no time is wasted solo vegging.

My plans are to end up doing something similar to the 40 plants under a 600 but I'm wondering how many I can fit under a 1000 in a 4x4. I literally just put 5 average sized plants that were vegged 2.5-3 months and I can really see something different going on (my first flowering) after 24 hours of dark, 12 hours of light and now they are back in on 12/12. But I have a 60 site ez cloner doing it's thing at the moment with clones from the batch going into flower and filled with as many from my mothers that I thought I could get without stressing the moms or sacrificing clone quality. But my plan is to fill that tent with a 100 + small clones if that's attainable with a 1000 watter in this tent, it's actually 5x5 but labeled 4x4.

But above everything else your grow is looking good to say the least.

I would use one gallon grow bags, veg for 2-3 weeks and straight into flower. 60 site cloners is awesome. In order to stay perpetual you need strong moms and a strong cloning technique because that is your back bone.

Yeah that is sweet. thanks for the input. I would like to do something like that, but then again i do love hydro. and i doubt i could keep up with the triming, i like to do it all at once.

i know the 12x5 is a little large to go with, i guess 12x4 might be better but i want a little room to move around when they get big and some room to put the rez, control bucket, dehuey, air filter ect.. some of it will be hung up but still take up lota space. love the input, thanks.

keep up the awesome work.

Yeah that is sweet. thanks for the input. I would like to do something like that, but then again i do love hydro. and i doubt i could keep up with the triming, i like to do it all at once.

i know the 12x5 is a little large to go with, i guess 12x4 might be better but i want a little room to move around when they get big and some room to put the rez, control bucket, dehuey, air filter ect.. some of it will be hung up but still take up lota space. love the input, thanks.

keep up the awesome work.

Speaking of hydro, I have an extra 120w GLH so I think Im going to bust my my dwc bucket and run a single test plant.

My buddy swears up and down if you run a simple 3-2 part fertilizer without all the additive BS that you can let your water temps raise well above 65 degrees with out rot root and you dont even need air stones.

He claims it works for him......I called him effin crazy but I will test it out. I will run air stones but other then that ill go off his theory.

Back
Top Bottom