SOG Jack Herer LED and HPS Grow October 20 2012

ledweedgirls

Hi boys,

LED weed girls here! Our grow right now is not going so well :( we are still going to finish our current grow but also start our new grow.

We want to do a SOG Jack Herer Grow. We hear this is a good strain for sog and this is what our patients want us to grow for them.

We have 30 Jack Herer seeds germinating right now from green house seed company that we purchased from the original sensible seed company.

We have a 4 by 8 tent were we are going to veg.
We have a 4 by 4 tent were we are going to keep a mother. plus a smaller 4 by 4 tent were we will do our cloning
We have a Flower room with (2) 4 by 8 trays

The Floor room is on a drip to waste system.

We want to have constant grow cycle going all the time.

We are using CalMag, a Worm Juice nutrient, and Flora Nova from General Hydroponics

If anyone has any tips or links on the best way to do SOG that would be great!!! :)

-ledweedgirls

Re: SOG Jack Herer LED and HPS Grow Oct.20 2012

Last night we started to put the germinated seeds into party cups and put the party cups in the 4 by 8 veg tent.

It has been 2 days now and a lot of seeds have not sprouted. It is very cold in our house because we have had all the windows open for air flow. It is now getting very cold outside.

We wonder if this is the reason the seeds are not germinating. We will check again tonight, and hopefully they all have germinated.

7 out of the 30 seeds did not germinate. :(

We will keep 1 of the 23 Jack Herer plants as a mother and flower the rest.

We added a 120 watt old school led grow light in the Veg tent.

The seedlings are stretching :(

We are growing in Pro-Mix. We did not know you had to pH your water/nutes before watering. What should the pH be ? 6.5 ?

pH: 5.6 - 5.8 for Hydroponics and Aeroponics
pH: 6.0 - 6.3 for Soiless Mix
pH: 6.5 - 7.0 for Soil

Many soiless mixes tend to be fairly acidic due to their high percent bark content.

- ledweedgirls

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg12012-10-21.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg22012-10-21.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg32012-10-21.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg42012-10-26.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg52012-10-26.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg62012-10-26.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg72012-10-26.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg82012-10-26.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg92012-10-26.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg102012-10-27.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg112012-10-27.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg122012-10-27.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg132012-10-27.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg142012-10-28.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg152012-10-28.jpg

LEDWeedGirlsJackHererVeg162012-10-28.jpg

Hey, Welcome. Just make sure the only light on for the LEDS are the blue only and then add the red when your ready to flower.

They're so little .... LOL. It's like a microscopic forest ..... LOL. Looking good.

Hey girls:) Welcome to :420: im subbed.I ve seen your utube vids,very nice set-up. we are running some of the same lights:)Im also running the same nutes as you,im not sure if you want to foilage feed while using them or not.I would'nt until you talk to somebody with more experience with that sort of thing.:goodluck:

Thanks Jon705 ! We are very happy to be here. We have seen your videos too! Your Grow room is amazing !!! We are planning on using 4 x AF-600's in our grow room too!! I think the Fero AF-600's will be a great investment. How are you liking them ? Our grow room is very hot and we need to lower our temperature.

We are still very new to growing so maybe if we have any questions you can help us out ???

Thanks again Jon705 :) :)

ps nice socks with sandals hehehe ;)

We will be raising the lights to 30 inches above the seedlings. The lights are on half power.

We fed the seedlings for the first time last night. Day 5 of Veg. It looks like 2 don't want to pop

140ppm and 6.4pH

-1ml of Super Thrive
-1ml of Flora Nova Grow
-1ml of Cal/Mag
-1ml of Worm Juice

"We fed the seedlings for the first time last night."

pretty early to be feeding them.I would wait until you have at least 2 sets of true leaves before you start feeding them.
sure ask me anything I would be glad to help if I can.I love the lights! huge difference in my hydro bill.I had a few issues last grow one was a defficiency that I cant seem to get a strait answer on,possibly cal/mag or a combination of that and ph issues. and the other was a timer malfunction that had 2 lights turning on for a couple hrs every dark period,this really affected the final yield of 60 oz.I was expecting more like 96 oz.this is only my second grow with led's so im still learning too:):peace:

what kind of lights are over the seedlings,fero?whats the manufacturers recomendations for the height over seedlings? with the af/600's its 48 inches but they seem to be stretching a bit.keep in mind Jack Herer will stretch like nothing you have ever seen before lol...they can outgrow your space quickly during the stretch.they will stretch 2.5-3 times they're size once you flip the lights.

what kind of lights are over the seedlings,fero?whats the manufacturers recomendations for the height over seedlings? with the af/600's its 48 inches but they seem to be stretching a bit.keep in mind Jack Herer will stretch like nothing you have ever seen before lol...they can outgrow your space quickly during the stretch.they will stretch 2.5-3 times they're size once you flip the lights.

Yes, we got them from Fero/Area51 lighting

The recommended height for seedlings is 30" @ 1/2 power. They are stretching a lot so that is why we have lowered the light.

Each of these Veg lights covers a 30" by 40" area. 200 watts each. 12% Royal Blue, 24% Natural White, 64% Orange/Red, Red and Deep Red.

oh Wow! Should we top these plants before we put them in flower then ?

It is...Yikes ! I hope we didn't already mess things up :( oh no....

We will be following your journal every day!! We love your posts!

"We fed the seedlings for the first time last night."

pretty early to be feeding them.I would wait until you have at least 2 sets of true leaves before you start feeding them.
sure ask me anything I would be glad to help if I can.I love the lights! huge difference in my hydro bill.I had a few issues last grow one was a defficiency that I cant seem to get a strait answer on,possibly cal/mag or a combination of that and ph issues. and the other was a timer malfunction that had 2 lights turning on for a couple hrs every dark period,this really affected the final yield of 60 oz.I was expecting more like 96 oz.this is only my second grow with led's so im still learning too:):peace:

Back
Top Bottom