SoG question: to top or not

i already had to cut my tent 25cm shorter (almost a foot) to make it fit at all, the other idea is it doesn't waste growth vertically but I personally grow 4 arms as long as I need bend em over and tip them all, then let the sit arms fill it out and yeah

Not sure who you’re talking to there Curb but I agree about the last post. Just curious -when you cut your tent down how did that go? I ended up buying a tent that’s about a foot higher than I would like it to be. Just looks like the zippers and everything else are not gonna work if I cut the poles down shorter. Did you manage to get things working and looking respectable?

Everyone's different.

I do sea of green and top all my plants once about a week and a half before flip.
4 week veg.
1 week transition.
7 to 8 week flower.
No net. No lst. Just top once and let em ride
11 to 12 week maximum cycle.
(I should mention i don't count vagative stage until my solo cup seedling is transplanted into my 5 gallon pot. That's day 1 of week 1.

Also topping does not produce 2.or 4 branches and fim does not provide 4 or 8.

When you cut of the plans main stem at the top. All it does is force more growth hormones to other branches. Sometimes 4 sometimes 16. Depends on the genetics
20200508_112410.jpg
this is basically what my gut was telling me to do :D nice beautiful plants bro!

I loved doing SOG but Mrs Cough was getting really paranoid about the plant count. She's nervous enough with a handful of plants, but really freaked out when there were double the amount of the misdemeanor limit and deep into felony territory. So...now i try to take my time and produce meds with fewer plants because even though it's the same weight/yield i don't need the legal troubles that come with 50 (tiny) plants
here they simply weigh the total plant mass, take an average THC count and do you for the amount of pure THC you had or the weight of the entire plant mass, so 5 or 50 if your yield is the same the punishment is aswell. where as I grew up in OZ where it goes by plant numbers alone

Of course they absolutely will because the cops have to inflate their results. They raided some outdoor plants of mine once about 10 years ago and they counted the dead plants as well! :laughtwo:

It was a dozen plants that I had moved outdoors because they had spider mites and I just hadn’t gotten around to getting rid of them all yet. Half of them were dried it out, completely white, and dead. The rest were just sickly and dying. The local newspaper headline said ‘Grow up busted.12 plants seized!’

Even inflated to 12, locals laughed and the paper‘s cartoonist even made of a joke of it the next week.

yeah now think of dispensary bud at even just 20% that's 38.5g (or an ounce and three quarters roughly) and you can get fucked for it, in Adelaide the cops cant even arrest you for under 50g unless its bagged up for sale.

Of course they absolutely will because the cops have to inflate their results. They raided some outdoor plants of mine once about 10 years ago and they counted the dead plants as well! :laughtwo:

It was a dozen plants that I had moved outdoors because they had spider mites and I just hadn’t gotten around to getting rid of them all yet. Half of them were dried it out, completely white, and dead. The rest were just sickly and dying. The local newspaper headline said ‘Grow up busted.12 plants seized!’

Even inflated to 12, locals laughed and the paper‘s cartoonist even made of a joke of it the next week.
thats f'ed. then afriend got caught with a 1000 outdoor plantation and got given home detention for 6 months. here over the limit I think its only max 5 years. unless they can prove you've been doing it longer then they say all the things you own are bought with drug money and try and confiscate cars and shit but basically they don't see growing as a personal usage thing, I have heaps of spine problems and as a chef either I smoke pot or I pop opiates daily, i made my choice - come what may. but cos of this a judge has already set a residence to an unemployed person who didn't have money fo his "medication" and received a 2 year suspended sentence. its all down to the cop and the judge on the day but there's a saying here from the ex police commissioner "if you want to be a criminal just move to XXX, unless you murder someone it'll never make it to court they're so overloaded" friend was charged with assaulting a police officer, charges dropped.

Back
Top Bottom