SoG Questions

Schmokin

So, i recently ordered a 4'x4' tent with a 600w HPS closed loop air system with its own 400cfm fan and another 400cfm fan for the tent itself. I plan on doing a Sea of Green and have been doing a decent amount of research and still have a few questions for you seasoned SoG growers. Im just going to make this easy on myself, and you guys and explain everything i plan to do for the most part. I am going to start a bonsai mother from seed (feminized) and begin clipping clones from it after 1 1/2 months or so. The mother will be in a seperate cabinet, and the clones in yet another cabinet. I plan on mixing 3 parts foxfarms ocean forest potting mix, 1 part foxfarms lightwarrior mix, and 1 part dolomite lime mix. I plan on setting up 16 1 gallon bags for my clones however i would like to know if i can fit more into my tent with the 600w light and still get good light penetration to all parts of the plant?. On top of the soil i am getting Some general organics nutrients/fertilizers incase i have to supplement the plants at all. I would like to set up a perpertual harvest however, i would like to know on AVERAGE how long it takes start to finish with a rooted clone in soil to get a 1oz dry weight yield off each plant. (i understand its hard to be accurate i just want a reference) so i can set up a clone clipping/rooting schedule. I think i had more, however i just took a dab and the other questions will come to me later. I appreciate all your feedback in advance!

(As Far as the strain goes, i have not decided yet. i was thinking a northern lights just because ive heard that it is quite easy to grow however, i would like suggestions towards a dense high yielding indica that would grow ideally for a SoG)

Will try and answer some of your questions.
I wouldn't out more than 16 in there.. But run it with 16 and see what kinda space you have by the end and judge from there.
As for how long it takes that really can vary, sweet tooth can grow in 6 weeks but Dr grinspoons can take 15.
If you ran auto flowers I would tell you that it took 3 months to produce weed then a week to dry. However it depends on how long you want to veg, what strains you are growing and how long the flowering time is.
I have a buddy who averages 1oz a plant of dried bud from a set up that's exactly the same....I also have a buddy who has the same!e set up and gets a minimum of 2oz a plant because his technique is better and grows higher yielding strains.

SoG is often referred to meter square for said average yield per m2 this is often either 16 to 20 plants per 1 m2, you have a greater area so more can be grown...

How ever i do recommend a few weeks of veg after clones have rooted as to meet expected target number in yield which may varie from one strain too another !

In theory smaller plants may yield less to a much larger plant... so that would suggest many more smaller plants may be required to reach X yield per m2 when compared to less plants vegged for slightly longer !

Ultimately ya looking at a dry yield around an Oz per plant in SoG to meet average expected yield per 1 m2 - 16 to 20 plants...

To which i do believe where the 1 gram per watt legend originates from :Namaste:

Fantastic thank you guys for the quick replies. I do plan on vegging for 2 weeks (14 days) after root catches and i get the clone into soil. I then wanna flower for 10 weeks or so after that ( good median for most strains id say) These are the figures i used to crunch some numbers as to end product so if i could find a strain similar to these numbers thatd be great. I just found today, i can get clones from a vegging blue dream mother bonsai plant. Any of you have experience with blue dream in a SoG?

Just a word of advice. If you are set on SOG, go for it and you got some good advice in this thread.

If you are not growing legally, or don't have a license, I would suggest a big SCROG with less plants. You will yield a lot of weight and quality, but not get the same penalty if something (as rare as it may be) goes wrong. You could get a couple pounds in a 4X4 tent with 3-4 plants in a SCROG. I have seen great guys, growing for personal medical issues get the hammer dropped on them by the courts because they grew 15 plants trying to get an 1P, instead of Two for the same weight.

Would it really work out like that though? I feel like i could harvest 16 a few times over within 1 grow period for normal plants in say a scrog. and end up getting more? I dont know though. You make very valid points, and i do have my medical cannabis card in WA state so on a state level, i am allowed to grow for personal use. However, i would like some more info on how to get a couple pounds in a 4x4 tent? I was doing alot of research and never even came close to those numbers... lol

Would it really work out like that though? I feel like i could harvest 16 a few times over within 1 grow period for normal plants in say a scrog. and end up getting more? I dont know though. You make very valid points, and i do have my medical cannabis card in WA state so on a state level, i am allowed to grow for personal use. However, i would like some more info on how to get a couple pounds in a 4x4 tent? I was doing alot of research and never even came close to those numbers... lol

Yes it would work out like that. It will take a bit longer to grow, but not twice as long. Maybe 6 weeks in veg, then a typical flower period. You also don't need to SCROG if you don't want to, but would need to go with Coco or another type of hydro medium.

foto_no_exif_2_.jpg

I pulled 10 ounces from two plants in 3 gallon containers using only two nutrients (google H3AD's formula). I only topped them twice each, didn't SCROG, didn't train, didn't super crop, and didn't use any bloom boosters to fatten them up even more. If I did, I could have easily pulled a pound from just two plants in 3 gallon containers. The space there is only 2'7" X 2'7" X 5'3".

So you could easily pull two pounds with a 4' X 4' and a SCROG.

Back
Top Bottom