SOG & RDWC Monster Cropped Strawberry Banana

I have a mini scrog goin till my moms freaking hurry up n grow lol
But next month I’ll b running goin to throw up the ts3000 n hps c witch do better dam that has def happend to me hope they don’t mold man y growing week can b o so difficult at times lol but I’ve personally Ben ight man working hard super busy at the shop

I have a mini scrog goin till my moms freaking hurry up n grow lol
But next month I’ll b running goin to throw up the ts3000 n hps c witch do better dam that has def happend to me hope they don’t mold man y growing week can b o so difficult at times lol but I’ve personally Ben ight man working hard super busy at the shop
You've probably told me already, but what do you do?

Yeah lol so wen ur putting the plant to flower my brotha
I have some clones to grow. I think it will be easier to root since theres been some time since flower. The mothers look weird.

Heres the next round of clones. Each bucket has clippings from one of the two mothers.

I cut them as long as I could so that the stem will reach the bottom of the net cup. I was going to just place a bare stem in the clay, but I ran short of the pebbles so I opted to use a Rapid Rooter also. The water is from a hose right now. I have Hydroguard and Home and Garden's Root Excelerator at1/3 strength. If I need to change out the water I will add Silica also

Here is a sample example of what I did to prepare the clones. I cut all of the lower stuff off and most of the larger leaves. I made a clean cut at a node to aid in rooting. Take a look at the density of veg on the clone. The node spacing is pretty cool

Here are a couple pics of the planted clones and their humidity domes

I'm using a Metal Halide light turned down to 600watts. It's well above 4 feet above the netpots right now.

Hopefully most of these clippings will do well. I feel pretty good about it. The monster cropping was some time ago, and I dont believe it would still affect rooting time.

So I guess we are finally on our way. Thanks for hanging out

Having issues...
A couple days ago I found that the air diffusers were getting all hairy. I flushed the system and tried it again. I tried to run this thing with warm water 78 degrees to be more exact. I had hoped the warmer water would help with rooting.
I cool my res with an inline fan. I can usually get the water down to at least 10 degrees below the ambient. I didnt have the fan on at all this time. So the boogers had a field day with it almost 80 degrees. I was using Hydroguard, but it didnt do much. I added a quart of 34% peroxide to the mix and let it sit for an hour. With the air turned off I could let the plants sit in the rig since there were no roots yet. I did end up taking the plants off, scrubbing the diffusers and everything else then reassembling everything.

In the picture you can see the boogers floating. This was after I already flushed the system once.

I dont think this is over, and may in fact terminate this thread. I will try bleach next if it reappears. Last time I had to take my plants and grow them in soil. If I werent an atheist I would pray for a miracle. Maybe I'll sacrifice a chicken, I'm getting hungry... KFC here I come

So I ran the system empty with hose water for the past couple days with absolutely no issues

To me this proves that Rapid Rooters, when used in hydro can be a real problem is they get old. I believe this is just a hydro condition and probably not a problem in soil, but im not completely sure about that. I have used Rapid Rooters many times and never had an issue, but how old is too old? Are they clean as long as the bag stays unopened? Is there a way to disinfect them without any damage to the Rooters or the plant? I'm not sure.

And some great news... bout time. One of my clones from the last run didnt droop at the top when I was cleaning house and throwing dead clones away, so i kept it. I'm pleased to announce that it looks pretty good, other than all the leaves are dead. Its upright and looking good, sorta.

So i think I'm going to put the clones in my cloner back into the hydro rig, without the Rapid Rooters and all the water they hold not to mention the snot leaking out the bottom the clones might have a chance.
Hope everything is good on your end

So, theres still a smell in the water, but theres no chunks. I cant really use much hydrogen peroxide because the clones are a little sensative... this is just an oipinion.

Theres something called a clean light. It's just a wand with a UV producing light fixture in it. I forgot which spectrum of UV it uses, to be honest I've never needed it because I've never had powdery mildew, which is what it's made for.

I made mine. When I first started out I was all about new cool gadgets. This thing was $500 off the shelf. I've loaned it out but never used it.

And a picture of the clones

That light is an alien. Im here! Ill tag along for the ride. Should be a good show brother. :)
Yeah I hate it. Gotta get back to LED. Thank you. If it ever gets out of second gear it might be worth watching

I had ANOTHER episode of funky water. This one was a real pisser. I used bleach this time. No more catfish smell... for now. I changed out my light. I was using my double ended light for a much smaller CMH. So instead of 600watts I'm gonna go with 315 for now.

Clones look good... mostly. The clones with the monster cropped characteristics are having a hard time, but I'm not too surprised. Plants like that are kind of a bitch. There you go.

Who is sneaking into your shed and peeing in your water? These water issues are just crazy to read. :(
There is a sight glass on the side of each tub. I just never looked at them I broke out the gun cleaning kit and found quite a bit of funk. I'm thinking that's it. Running out of places the crap can hide

The water is getting raunchy again.
I cant tell you how bummed I am to say that. The only thing that is left to clean is the hydrogen. I boil the shit out of it after every use, but maybe the pathogen can live through that. I have 2 ways to deal with this... I could soak each netpot in a light hydrogen P bath, something in the 3% area. OR, gently remove the clones from the Hydroton, put them in a cup of water, and treat all the clay balls at the same time, then change out the water. I'm running out of possible places for this shit to hide.

Heres what happens when you work with 34% peroxide improperly.
Feels like you're being lightly electrocuted.

Another shot

Damn that sucks man. I hate chasing fishy water smell

DUDE... WHAT THE FUCK!? this is really starting to suck. Everytime I think I have it, it just laughs at me. Someone was saying peroxide goes bad... loses potency. I got a new bottle yesterday. I put some in, and the bubbles arent as bad, but it's not clean. I'm only missing 1 plant right now, it would be a shame to lose them all... AGAIN.

Thanks for the shoulder to cry on. I feel better. Haha.

Shit!! Sorry to see the troubles you're having bro. That would drive me insane. Fingers crossed you'll have it figure out soon.
I really want this one to work. You know me, if it were any other situation I would have ripped this apart and ordered seeds by now. Thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom