SOG & RDWC Monster Cropped Strawberry Banana

I have a funk free tank and "A" single plant that's doing really well.

Its showing 3 finger leaves from the monster cropping. The mothers are showing super super dense tops. These pictures don't do this any justice. There's just a ton of little growth and the stalks are showing a super tight nose spacing.

This plant has turned out to be exactly like what I wanted my clones to be. So, I guess I'll see one plant grow monster cropped.

I've decided the reoccurring funkiness came from the feed line from the RO. There were two places that weren't shielded from the light. Apparently shit grew there, which dribbled into the res. throughout the day from the float valve. The tube was cleaned inside with a spit wad, then peroxided. It has been shielded, and will be until I can get some black tube installed. I believe my issues are over... as i say that i get worried. It has to stop sooner or later as long as I keep trying to fix it

I've decided the reoccurring funkiness came from the feed line from the RO. There were two places that weren't shielded from the light. Apparently shit grew there, which dribbled into the res. throughout the day from the float valve.

Damn, this is going to make me paranoid now! I may wrap all my pipe and shit just to be safe! :laugh:

Glad you found the source, and I don't know about anyone else but I've learned a valuable lesson: Even a little bit of light somewhere can fuck shit up.

Damn, this is going to make me paranoid now! I may wrap all my pipe and shit just to be safe! :laugh:

Glad you found the source, and I don't know about anyone else but I've learned a valuable lesson: Even a little bit of light somewhere can fuck shit up.

I think the biggest lesson for me was not to take things for granted. Double check everything. I've run this thing with net posts missing and all kinds of light streaming in both in the tubs and res. I think I'll quit that. It's a humbling experience. I thought I had this growing thing on lock. I sorta feel like I'm starting over now. This isn't a bad thing, maybe I deserve it

One thing I added that i didnt discuss was the addition of a root bag. It's a filter that keeps roots out of things like pumps. It's pretty fine, and will help keep chunks out of the tubs. Since my return pump is in my res. I don't need to worry about roots.

I thought I had this growing thing on lock. I sorta feel like I'm starting over now. This isn't a bad thing, maybe I deserve it

I feel ya. I'm in the process of blowing up my original RDWC design and going for something more simple and traditional. Mainly for the maintenance aspect, but it still sucks when you find out something you've put so much time into had a couple underlying, fatal flaws. :(

I feel ya. I'm in the process of blowing up my original RDWC design and going for something more simple and traditional. Mainly for the maintenance aspect, but it still sucks when you find out something you've put so much time into had a couple underlying, fatal flaws. :(

It dig tweeking the contraption. I work as a Design Engineer, and once and a while as a Manufacturing Engineer. A Manufacturing Engineer spends his days streamlining production lines and coming up with gizmos that make life easier to run them. But clearly sometimes it's harder than others to see the root cause of an issue.

The lilypads are all gone and I'm confident that they will not be returning. So, I'm gonna run 1 plant in hydro, never thought I'd hear myself say that, and 2 in dirt, in the closet. They are both SCROGged and doing well. The little plant in the closet has almost caught up to the larger one which is good news. Both have the ultra dense growth as seen from monster cropping.
Look at the node spacing on this little shoot. I pulled the growth off to show the nodes.
I can't see if this is a benefit or a hindrance time will tell.

The hydro plant looks great even though it's been fed at around 200 for the past couple weeks. I really like the 3 finger leaves. They let the light in very nicely. I just SCROGGed this plant and will give it a res change this evening or tomorrow.

It will be fun to see how it does with a higher nute concentration. I'm on the fence as to which light I should use. I have the CMH which is rumored to have a better spectrum, but the HPS has a better spread which helps with off axis lighting. I'll figure it out.

Ladies and gentlemen. I'm officially calling this post dead. I'm honestly just happy to end this nightmare. It wasn't a total lose. I learned quite a bit about what to do when your growing tadpoles. But I also learned a bunch about cloning, monstercropping, growing mothers, etc. I never got far enough along to try SOG, but I really dont think it's for me... never did, I just wanted to try it. I hope my blundering taught y'all a little bit too.

So, I'm taking my three plants and starting a thread called monster cropped Strawberry Banana. A clean slate to a season that aced my ass. I want to thank Eastcoast Ghost, Multivortex, Jack420, 420budsfreak, Canuckush, Mr Krip, there were quite a few more, but I couldn't add them as i flipped through the pages looking for you guys. I apologize for missing you in the credits.

But! But!

Will there be chicken in the new thread?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know exactly what you mean about fresh starts. I did the same on my secondary tent, and would be nice to do it for my primary too. LOL

I've certainly learned a lot from this too, and definitely a lot of good food for thought in here. SOG isn't really my cup of tea either, but at some point I might give it a go in my "lab" tent, just for the hell of it. Depends on if I end up keeping any mothers or not. If I do, I'll have to set up a mother space as I lent my setup for that out for someone in need to get started.

Got the lighting and all that, just need a tent/cabinet/whatever.

But! But!

Will there be chicken in the new thread?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know exactly what you mean about fresh starts. I did the same on my secondary tent, and would be nice to do it for my primary too. LOL

I've certainly learned a lot from this too, and definitely a lot of good food for thought in here. SOG isn't really my cup of tea either, but at some point I might give it a go in my "lab" tent, just for the hell of it. Depends on if I end up keeping any mothers or not. If I do, I'll have to set up a mother space as I lent my setup for that out for someone in need to get started.

Got the lighting and all that, just need a tent/cabinet/whatever.
I'm gonna put two chick legs on the door to bless all that enter

Back
Top Bottom