Sog/Scrog Hybrid Grow

SteveJasmine

Hey guys and girls,
I've decided to do a sea of green/ screen of green hybrid grow this time around. I'm currently in week 3 of flowering a mixture of strains that all finish roughly the same time. I have a total of 25 plants in 15 litre 70/30 Coco perlite mix planter bags. They are in a tent 2.2M wide X 2.2M long X2M high. I'm running a 200mm fan and filter for extraction and a 200mm fan for fresh air input. Lights are a combination of 4 X 1800watt LEDs and 4 X 400watt HPS lights. The lights are staged so there is a HPS between two LEDs. The entire space is covered with a screen and all girls are doing great. I'm just wondering if anyone else is or has run something similar to this or has done a screen/sea hybrid grow? If so, what success/issues did you have. Last run I grew 16 plants under 4 1800watt LEDs and 2 400watt hps and got about 4 lbs of very good quality medicine. I'm hoping to get more this time around.

Thanks
Mm

Your biggest problem will be access to the plants for maintenance. The screen will lock the plants in place. Even with access from all sides of the tent, you'll find it difficult or impossible to get at those in the middle.

My first few grows were done the way you described in a 60cm X 120cm tent under poor quality LED lighting. The best I got from that setup was just under 8oz. I moved to a taller tent (210cm), used plant supports rather than a screen, and a DIY 3000°K 8 COB array. The harvest more than doubled, at a few grams short of a pound in 60cm X 120cm.

With the right strains and care you should be able to match this and get roughly 6-1/2 pounds out of your tent.

Your biggest problem will be access to the plants for maintenance. The screen will lock the plants in place. Even with access from all sides of the tent, you'll find it difficult or impossible to get at those in the middle.

My first few grows were done the way you described in a 60cm X 120cm tent under poor quality LED lighting. The best I got from that setup was just under 8oz. I moved to a taller tent (210cm), used plant supports rather than a screen, and a DIY 3000°K 8 COB array. The harvest more than doubled, at a few grams short of a pound in 60cm X 120cm.

With the right strains and care you should be able to match this and get roughly 6-1/2 pounds out of your tent.

Thanks heaps mate, I've positioned the plants and trimmed the bottoms in such a way that I can climb around under the canopy lol it's awkward but manageable. You're right though it is a pain. The buds are looking fabulous though. Strains are, blueberry cookies, incredible bulk, big bud X northern lights, big kush, white strawberries, white rhino, citron givre and peyote critical. Normally I would run just one strain but I'm holding on to my genetics until I'm satisfied with one particular strain.

I don't have that many plants but I run 9 plants under a screen in a 4x4 tent. Auto watering of some sort is almost a must unless you enjoy crawling around on the floor haha.

The next issue is making sure your plants will all finish at or around the same time. I usually run 3 strains at a time, 3 plants each. Sometimes they all finish together sometimes one is a week late and ones a week early but still within the harvest window. Usually if they all start flowering together your good to go. I've had a couple that were slow to start and so naturally slow to finish but not a deal breaker by any means if you sort the strains before hand.

I don't have that many plants but I run 9 plants under a screen in a 4x4 tent. Auto watering of some sort is almost a must unless you enjoy crawling around on the floor haha.

The next issue is making sure your plants will all finish at or around the same time. I usually run 3 strains at a time, 3 plants each. Sometimes they all finish together sometimes one is a week late and ones a week early but still within the harvest window. Usually if they all start flowering together your good to go. I've had a couple that were slow to start and so naturally slow to finish but not a deal breaker by any means if you sort the strains before hand.
Haha Thanks Turbo I'm literally scuttling around like a crab under there. I hand feed every second night, they each get approximately 3 litres of nutrient solution depending on how heavy the bags are. I use 3 10L buckets and go through 60+ litres a time. It is a bit of a pain but it gives me a chance to check them individually. I'm definitely wanting to go automatic .

Haha Thanks Turbo I'm literally scuttling around like a crab under there. I hand feed every second night, they each get approximately 3 litres of nutrient solution depending on how heavy the bags are. I use 3 10L buckets and go through 60+ litres a time. It is a bit of a pain but it gives me a chance to check them individually. I'm definitely wanting to go automatic .

Depending on how much overhead room you may be able to put them on a short table so you could sit on a roller stool or similar to make it a little easier. I'm considering raising mine up a few more inches.

IMG_20191216_211133.jpg
IMG_20191216_210635.jpg
IMG_20191216_210703.jpg
IMG_20191216_211033.jpg
IMG_20191216_210814.jpg
IMG_20191216_210857.jpg
IMG_20191216_210934.jpg
IMG_20191216_210651.jpg
IMG_20191216_210658.jpg
IMG_20191216_211011.jpg

Guerrilla jungles ;-)

What is the temp/humidity inside and outside of the room?
I'm asking because u have no cooltubes and 1600W per hour from HPS is a lot.
Excellent question during veging in summer I don't use the HPS because of the 24hr light schedule. Veging during winter I can turn them on to bring the temperature up to 28°C. Flowering time during summer I have my 200mm fan pumping cool air into the tent at night and I run it during the day as well to make sure it's about 6-8°c cooler during the dark period. 4 small fans below the canopy keep air circulation going down there and a large fan moves air around up top along with the cool air coming in. It's not perfect but it's working quite well. Outside temperature can reach high 20s to early thirties in summer and winter it can dip below zero.

Your in the jungle baby. Man i'm six two and wouldn't have much fun working around that tangle. Looking good though, keep it up.
Now this system is a joy to work at. That little red rolling mechanic's seat was money well spent.
Damn Blue that's a mighty sweet set-up!

Back
Top Bottom