snow white
sour diesel
stargazer
super shit
thai-tanic
waldo
warlock
white light

.....and there you have it, 96 different strains recommended to be the best for the SOG method. :allgood:

What does SOG stand for? :hmmmm:

it stands for sea of green, its a certain method of growing, I don't know much about the actual process though. Just know that there is a lot of strains that can be grown this way, mainly pure Indica's or Indica dominate strains.

Thanks Mr P420.

A sea of green is when you grow plants in very close vacinity to eachother,the purpose being being to maximize the yeild in a small space. Using strains that tend to grow a big main cola and not as much side branching are ideal for this.

I hope this clarifies any fuzzy areas

- Gobblesworth

I know I have heard that Sweet-Tooth is an autoflowering strain before, yet I have a S.T. centerfold poster on my wall which shows the plant standing at least 3 feet tall, indicating that S.T. is in fact not an auto-flowering strain.

But knowing that I heard somewhere quite the opposite I did some research, It appears that it wasn't S.T. but S.T.#3 (SweetTooth#3), that has the propensity to autoflower. Hope that clears things up.

I have a SoG, (first time I heard it called that) and found that how you clip your clones can make a dif in its branching more or less, and my favs so far are Grapfruit and White Riser. The W.R. is a bread my buddy made with (white) rino and (early riser). Indoors in a ebon unit it grows 1 or 2 huge buds, very sweet! now the hawian is not as good for growing but the tast is worth the wait. :smokin:

:bong: Variety is the spice of life!

Hey, what's up, docs?
SoG is easier to make with Indica strains as most of them have the adequate genes, making them small and able to grow a main cola in a pole shape, most of the time the bottom branches are cut off as they would recieve very fiew light due to the closeness of the plants ans wouldn't grow much meds anyway.
However, Sativa dominant strains can Also be used for SoG... how?
Well the factor that allows Sativa plants to become so tall and therefore not recomended for SoG is the Vegetativ periode, so by supressing it you'll be able to grow Short sativa plants with an important main cola and fiew side branches.
What about the YIELD ? Well i'm sure you all think that, as sativa plants already produce less yield per plant than Indica ones, if the vegetative periode is suppressed they'll yield nearly nothing... Well you're wrong:
If you think about it, quite a fiew sativa strains come from the equatorial region, and as far as I know this regions Do not have long days in Summer and short days in Winter like the north and south hemisphere, but a single season all year long. As a result The Hemp growing there do not need to be given a vegetative periode of 18 hours of light per day. This growth periode is ALREADY going to happen, whatever the light regim you give them as it's part of their genes.
Of course the Yield is not going to be as good per plant as it would be if you give them a a vegetative periode, but as the plants do not do side branches, you can put way more plants per m², therefore making it a SoG.
HOwever I have no clue wich Sativa strains would be better for this 12/12 from seed technique ^^"
I hope you'll find any interest in what i just told you... I'm toasted, so sorry if my sentences do not actually really make sense or if it's a bit repetitive
KEEP IT REAL ;)

Back
Top Bottom