SOG Technique

Bubbafreed

420 Member
Hi all, With SOG technique you looking to gain high yield in a short amount of time and more harvest as the process is quicker right? In that case when to flip to 12/12? As I guess it’s quicker than normal as your not wanting much of a stretch. Seeds are creme caramel and dominate black ii thanks in advance

A sea of green is normally done with clones rather than from seed. I've just started one myself, well kinda, more like a puddle of green. 6 rooted clones in soil for 5 days before flip. Check my journal for very rare updates.

Thanks for your replt

Ooooh can I not do with seeds and if not why? When you using clones your keep them at veg for 1-2 weeks 18/6 then 12/12?

s.o.g. is not about getting things done quicker,, oh no. plants only grow so fast

sog is about making use of all the available space one has to flower plants. a sea of green is because the plants are all spread out nicely and the tops evenly spaced for maximum space efficiency and maximum light coverage etc

info from my personal encyclopedia

cheers

major training,, a screen up top perhaps,,

P1140641.JPG

my humble sea of green

P1140764.JPG

my situation is a bit less humble these days,, but this for display purposes only,,

cheers

its green, i see it,, its a see of green. how big a sea are ya talkin??

Google "no mercy" or "12/12 from seed" and you'll find a Dutch method that starts plants off in 12/12 in sog style. They claim that it enables them an extra harvest per year since it's cutting weeks of veg time off each cycle.

Generally speaking, you need to sog with clones of a strain you know the "stretch" amount of. Say you know your strain stretches 2x it's height (not ideal for SOG but just for sake of example). Well then you will know when those plants are 1 foot tall, that after your stretch, they will be about 2 feet tall.

So if the plants are 2 feet and you have to keep your light 1-2 feet above the canopy, that means a good lower portion of the plant will be 3-4 feet from the light.

On the other hand say you flipped your strain 12/12 immediately, it would stretch and grow at the same time, and might only reach 1 foot tall instead of 2 feet so the light intensity at the lower portions will then be much greater.

Some strains really don't stop stretching, like sativas especially, so they may not be ideal for SOG style anyway. Indicas are generally better suited, and especially since they're typically faster flowering, they're the ones you'll be able to get more harvests per year with.

A real SOG grow is never done with seed's i've seen it been done with seeds it works but not as good from clone, like @TheFertilizer said you got to know the plant.

I've seen SOG's done with Indica & Sativa some Dutch growers have elite clones that are produced just for these type of systems.

These dutch growers are hitting 1.1gpw all day long, There setups are simple and the medium they use is Mapito you pull the plants out of the pots and then flip it over wash over some low EC and PH water and it's ready to start again.

I'm in the process of making my own Maptio not for a sog grow but because I like the fact it's light weight, can be reused for years.

That picture I posted is 27L tubs with 4 plants per a tub, Switch on 12/12 right away flood and drain, 400watt hps lights.

Back
Top Bottom