Soil Alternative?

MasterLynxx

I intend at some point in the future to learn hydroponics. I am currently using a mix of Peat Moss, Pearlite, Vermicite, & Bone/blood meal. With daily misting's of a gentle mix of orchid nutes & Mir*c*d. I want to spend some money and practice with some hydro-ton and rock wool. At some point I hope to use just that, eliminating the dirty side of gardening.
My question is, can I grow in just rock-wool & hydro-ton without hydroponics. And What recommendations do you guys/gals have on products or nutrients to add alternative nutrients?
I plan on harvesting more then one strain at any given time.
:Namaste:

Master.....The system would depend on the size of the garden you want and the size of your grow room.Nutes its your choice they all work the only difference would be if you have hard or soft water from the area you live in.hit me up with a pm

Yes you could do that; you would need to obviously hand water.

However if you're attempting to transition, I would go with Coco and hand watering over rockwhool or hydroton.

If you want to dabble in hydroponics, without being overwhelmed, go with a Deep Water Culture bucket. Just one bucket, one plant, by the time your finished with veg, you will have the basic concept of hydroponics completely, IMHO.

I was thinking that, I see alot of systems cheap for sale on the net. I am using some coco fibers in my soil, but I was thinking they were one in the same, they are not?

The room is 2'x3'x6', and I believe we have hard h2o:Namaste::adore:

Yes you could do that; you would need to obviously hand water.

However if you're attempting to transition, I would go with Coco and hand watering over rockwhool or hydroton.

If you want to dabble in hydroponics, without being overwhelmed, go with a Deep Water Culture bucket. Just one bucket, one plant, by the time your finished with veg, you will have the basic concept of hydroponics completely, IMHO.

They're not the same, some people do pure Coco grows.

I wouldn't purchase a DWC online, they're incredibly easy to make.

Get a net pot, a bucket, drill a hole for an airstone to go, and your done.

Yea I wasn't planning on that. I wouldn't for the same reason I'm hesitant to order seeds. I'm worried it's the company thats gonna put me away.... lol
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom