Soil amendment

Captainckidd

Hey guys looking for some advice on soil amendments. I feel like my soil gets compacted after a couple waterings I use ocean forest soil and don't really amend it with anything but I've been reading around and wanna put something in for better aeration and drainage. So I was thinking about rice hull but I read that it can increase pH and the water where I live is not great too many salts and the pH is of 7 or more so needles to say I need to keep a fairly low pH and right now I can't afford a reverse osmosis filter but first chance I'm getting now. So I was wondering what would be a good amendment? Thanks for the advice!!!

I use a mix of perlite and vermiculite in my soil, in one pot im running 50% soil 25% perlite and 25% vermiculite.
The other pot is 70% soil 30% vermiculite, both are staying light and airy also using rot nurse pots.

Ive even known people add horticulture sand to their soil.

Thanks for the reply I ended up getting some fertilome in my soil which has vermiculite and perlite and peat moss, it helped but i think I might just buy perlite and moss next time.

Thanks for the reply I ended up getting some fertilome in my soil which has vermiculite and perlite and peat moss, it helped but i think I might just buy perlite and moss next time.

Back
Top Bottom