Soil Cloning Attempt

Onamatopeia

I read about this several years ago. I have not seen any posts. But the idea makes a lot of sense and I am currently trying it. It goes like this:

Take your plant and replant it deep enough that the first set of branches, at least the base, it below the soil line. Leave it there for a couple of weeks. Eventually the branch, being underground, will sprout roots as part of the root system.

Then, cut off your branch right at the base, with those roots intact, and replant.

Super easy cloning!

I have never done it, but have buried some branches on plants and will report back in a couple weeks.

Anybody ever done this or tried it?

I read about this several years ago. I have not seen any posts. But the idea makes a lot of sense and I am currently trying it. It goes like this:

Take your plant and replant it deep enough that the first set of branches, at least the base, it below the soil line. Leave it there for a couple of weeks. Eventually the branch, being underground, will sprout roots as part of the root system.

Then, cut off your branch right at the base, with those roots intact, and replant.

Super easy cloning!

I have never done it, but have buried some branches on plants and will report back in a couple weeks.

I have never tried this but have definitely thought about it more than once over the years. Never quite pictured it in my mind the way that you explained it...but think it possible and actually does seem to make sense as a more sure way of getting a couple of good healthy clones from stronger lower branches that may normally already be a little to "woody" to try cloning the usual ways, RE: rockwool, root plugs, ect. Although maybe an aeroponic cloning system may work with a little extra time? Curious, for sure! Keep us updated please, this could prove to be a very interesting subject for most of us! Thanks for trying...and best of luck!
And I'm so in line to see this one! Hahahaha!

Super easy cloning!

Yes. I have taking clones with one node trimmed and buried past the second set of leaves. The leaves will wither and eventually fall off and a little white root is left behind. I only noticed this because I pulled the leafs off after some time just thinking they were decaying. I pushed some dirt over the 2 root looking things that where left behind after I pulled the leaves off. I can only assume they turned into roots.

I didn't have to depend on these "leaf roots"? because the lower node had produced the main roots. But... I would guess that it is possible

Scrape some bark off, even lightly sand the stem with sandpaper, and wrap a rapid rooter around the stem, hold in place with string or better.. kitchen foil, water and check every 3rd day in most days roots are out in 7-10 days ..good luck

Back
Top Bottom