Soil Fox Farm Grow Big vs Hydro Fox Farm Grow Big

mrbubbles87

I've been growing with the fox farm trio perpetually in pro mix for about 6 months. I am using a gallon set of the trio I had leftover from a hydro grow back in 2006.

Ever since I began growing with these nutrients I have questioned whether there is a difference between the Soil Grow Big and the Hydro Grow Big. Today I finally stumbled into a comparison. There is a difference between these two versions.

As you can see the soil version is 6-4-4 and the hydro version is 3-2-6. Obviously I can double my dosage to make the N and P equal but that would throw my K way off.

Can anyone please tell me how I need to convert the feed schedule on my grow big to make the hydro NPK value equal those of the soil version?

"Grow Big Soil nutrient (6-4-4) is mostly organic and will provide everything your plants need for rapid, healthy vegetative growth.
Fox Farm Grow Big Soil nutrient (6-4-4) Quart, $21.95
Fox Farm Grow Big Soil nutrient (6-4-4) Gallon, $64.95
Fox Farm Grow Big Soil nutrient (6-4-4) 2.5 Gallon, $154.95

Grow Big Hydroponic nutrient (3-2-6), also mostly organic, is a potent, fast-acting water soluble fertilizer specially formulated for hydroponic systems.
Fox Farm Grow Big Hydroponic nutrient (3-2-6) Quart, $22.95
Fox Farm Grow Big Hydroponic nutrient (3-2-6) Gallon, $68.95"

Bump

Sorry bud I don't have the answer. But I will help keep the thread alive!!!!

Sorry bud I don't have the answer. But I will help keep the thread alive!!!!

Thanks bro!

It's really a chemistry question of equalizing the NPK values. Just not sure now either lol

Can anyone tell me if I can use ff grow big 6-4-4 in a hydro setup? Does anyone know the difference between the ff grow big 6-4-4 and ff grow big 3-2-6 for a hydro setup?

I called Fox Farm on the phone, as they are actually really nice. And I asked them what the difference was between the two kits because I was reading information that made them seem the same but noticed the two different product numbers. Anyway, the nice gal on the phone told me a bunch of neat stuff, most of which I forgot except that the two kits have different fomulations to account for pH of hydro systems vs the buffering effect of natural soils. That the optimal pH for nutrient absorbtion in the two systems is a bit different. She said you could use either in a pinch, but I bought the appropriate kit for my needs.

Sorry, that's all I know, but you should give them a call and further fill in the gaps and probably some misconception I might have had about it.

Back
Top Bottom