Soil grow problems in week 1 of flower

Canobud

My grow journal thread is a bit dead so I'm posting over here. Strain is Liberty Haze, grown in FF Ocean Forest & perlite. Only received spring water up until late veg, week 9 veg I believe. In week 9 she got one treatment of 1/4-strength Grow Big and Big Bloom and a week later some cal-mag. Spring water again ever since. I see signs of nute burn but also possibly magnesium deficiency(?) She's been in 12/12 mode for five days now. What's wrong and how should I treat?

IMG_326615.jpg

IMG_32659.jpg

A few notes: 1. after 12/12, make sure to change your nutrients to a bloom formula. 2. If the problems are starting from the bottom and moving up, you most likely have a nitrogen deficiency.

I would give her a good flush. RE TEST THE ph in the soil and then re test ph in your water. Then on net feeding go 1/4 strength on nutes and see how she reacts. You could have a lock out in your soil hence why i would do a good flush and that way you know where you stand on that issues and can slowly start over agian from scratch.

I would give her a good flush. RE TEST THE ph in the soil and then re test ph in your water. Then on net feeding go 1/4 strength on nutes and see how she reacts. You could have a lock out in your soil hence why i would do a good flush and that way you know where you stand on that issues and can slowly start over agian from scratch.

I drenched her pretty good last weekend and the soil ph is 7.0 tonight. Should I really flush again?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I drenched her pretty good last weekend and the soil ph is 7.0 tonight. Should I really flush again?

If you have already done a proper flush ie flush 3x the amount of water through your pot verse the size of your pot. I wouldnt flush it again and would appear it isnt a nute lock out issue. Watch them over the next few days and post some more pics up then and just give them one feed on 1/4 strength.

If you have already done a proper flush ie flush 3x the amount of water through your pot verse the size of your pot. I wouldnt flush it again and would appear it isnt a nute lock out issue. Watch them over the next few days and post some more pics up then and just give them one feed on 1/4 strength.

Ok, I'll run a bunch of spring water through it in the morning and then light feeding and cal-mag a few days later. Anything else?

I wouldn't flush her or give her more water right now. If anything she looks a little over-watered to me.
My guess is a 'K' deficiency, but I admit to not being great at "Name That Deficiency!".
I'm growing two Liberty Hazes as well. I've found them quite easy compared with some of my others.
I'll jump over to your journal and see if it makes me change my tune...

-edit-

I'm back. Dunno. It almost looks like trace nute' problems with the leaves in your journal. I've never used it, but the FFOF should have you covered. I feed mine like all the rest - fairly heavy at 1/2 strength+ and have not had any burning at all. If anything, mine could probably handle more.

What is your watering schedule like?

Ok, I'll run a bunch of spring water through it in the morning and then light feeding and cal-mag a few days later. Anything else?

Id just leave her after that dude and see if she improves. The yellowing in the bottom leafs is quite normal and i would just pluck them from the plant. But the yellowing dry tips on the higher leafs would suggest N deficiency.

I wouldn't flush her or give her more water right now. If anything she looks a little over-watered to me.
My guess is a 'K' deficiency, but I admit to not being great at "Name That Deficiency!".
I'm growing two Liberty Hazes as well. I've found them quite easy compared with some of my others.
I'll jump over to your journal and see if it makes me change my tune...

-edit-

I'm back. Dunno. It almost looks like trace nute' problems with the leaves in your journal. I've never used it, but the FFOF should have you covered. I feed mine like all the rest - fairly heavy at 1/2 strength+ and have not had any burning at all. If anything, mine could probably handle more.

What is your watering schedule like?

Spring water about 2 times a week; basically right before or as leaves start to droop. I try to let them get dried out a bit between waterings.

Id just leave her after that dude and see if she improves. The yellowing in the bottom leafs is quite normal and i would just pluck them from the plant. But the yellowing dry tips on the higher leafs would suggest N deficiency.

I hate to disagree, but yellow/brown/burnt tips are not a sign of 'N' deficiency. 'N' is mobile, so the lower leaves get lighter while the newer growth manages to stay green. Burnt tips are more a sign of nute' burn or 'K' deficiency, if it is also along the edges.

Back
Top Bottom