Soil help

Now if you wanted to make a soil-less mix and then rely on bottled nutes for all your fertilizing needs, using some of the components you already have, you could go:

80% Peat Moss (16 gallons worth)
10% Coco Coir (2 gallons worth)
10% Perlite (2 gallons worth)
And then add 1.25 cups of Dolomite Lime (assuming you're making a 20 gallon batch)

The resulting product would be similar to Pro-Mix Premium Moisture Control.
Hey so i successfully germinated 2 seeds and im preparing my coco now. Problem is everyone says to buffer it with calmag is that necessary ? I do not plan to grow in coco from start to finish but use it only for the seedling and once the round leaves fall of transplant it into the compost coco mix which will have plenty of calcium so do i need to buffer the coco with calmag for the seedlings or will they be fine without it ?

I use coir for two things: 1) as a cloning medium, in which case I add a little perlite and just a little nutrients, and 2) as part of my custom-made soil mixture for growing the plants (grow mix) through to flowering. When my clones are ready to pot, I pot them in the grow mix. When I germinate seeds, I use what is basically my grow mix run through a sifter to get out any small stones, and I use more coir in this mix. I germinate in little 2" pots. From there, they go into 1 gal. or 1/2 gal. pots with the normal grow mix.

Back
Top Bottom