Soil mix?

WeedyMcWeedWeed

ok so i have some potting soil, not MG. ill get the name for the next post. and some perlite and compost manue. i was told 5 parts soil 2 parts perlite 1 part manure. with a layer or perlite on the bottom, and about 2" of just the soil on the top. is this a good mix??? any quick feed back would be good. im mixing it within a couple days and hopefully my germination should be done here within the week.

i dont want to mix soil before i plant. is that a good idea?

Re: Soil mix???

actually, it's best to mix it and let it sit a bit.
then test it :cheesygrinsmiley:

What is Soil?

go here,
How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine

then to this post,
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Then you have to just read down till

Soil & Soilless Mixes
What is Soil?

What are Some Different Soil Textures?
What are Soil Amendments?
How Can I Test for Soil Texture at Home?
Using Coco as a Substrate
I'm a Beginner and need a Simple and Easy Soilless Mix.
Soul's Soilless Mix
Vic's Super Soil Recipes & Notes
~shabang~'s Worm Casting Method

Bongaloid's Corruption of ~shabang~'s Casting Method
Aallon's - Quick & Simple Soil Mix
Kumquat's Deluxe Potting Soil and Manure Tea
What is Soil Structure?
What Do you mean by Soilless Mix: What is It?
MR_NATURAL420's Perfect Potting Medium
What is Nutrient Lockout?
How Can I Measure the pH of Soil/Soilless Runoff?

What are Water-Absorbent Polymers and How Do I use Them?
Maximizing Root Growth in Soil Containers
What is Soil Food Web?
Treating Old Soil

and links to just about everything that is here on soil.

So many different ways to mix, you just have to find what works best for you :cheesygrinsmiley:

ok so i have some potting soil, not MG. ill get the name for the next post. and some perlite and compost manue. i was told 5 parts soil 2 parts perlite 1 part manure. with a layer or perlite on the bottom, and about 2" of just the soil on the top. is this a good mix??? any quick feed back would be good. im mixing it within a couple days and hopefully my germination should be done here within the week.

i dont want to mix soil before i plant. is that a good idea?

First, agree with DaMago, you NEED to mix the soil and let it sit for awhile. Second, am I reading this right, you're doing to put a layer of just Perlite on the bottom? If that is for drainage, don't waste your money on the perlite, just get a bag of rocks and put a couple of inches layer of rockss in the bottom. It won't take much rock and will provide much better drainage And lastly, how "hot" is this maure? If it is still really strong you will burn / kill your plants before they even have a chance
How much experience do you have with growing? If you're just starting out oronly have a couple of grows under your belt, I would strongly suggest you go buy a baf of Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil, add 10% perlite to it and you are good to go. I know several people who don't even use the perlite just the OF straight out of the bag
Of course if you have lots of experience, then I'm sure you know what works for you:hippy:

First, agree with DaMago, you NEED to mix the soil and let it sit for awhile. Second, am I reading this right, you're doing to put a layer of just Perlite on the bottom? If that is for drainage, don't waste your money on the perlite, just get a bag of rocks and put a couple of inches layer of rockss in the bottom. It won't take much rock and will provide much better drainage And lastly, how "hot" is this maure? If it is still really strong you will burn / kill your plants before they even have a chance
How much experience do you have with growing? If you're just starting out oronly have a couple of grows under your belt, I would strongly suggest you go buy a baf of Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil, add 10% perlite to it and you are good to go. I know several people who don't even use the perlite just the OF straight out of the bag
Of course if you have lots of experience, then I'm sure you know what works for you:hippy:

no this is my first grow. and im using 50% hyponex soil, 25% compost manure, 25% perlite. and the compost manure came in a bag, its damn near like soil. but extremely dark. i guess well see how well it works, its day 4 since i planted the seeds, and theyre looking damn good so far.

Back
Top Bottom