Soil Multi-Strain Grow Journal - 2012

also i was looking around and saw that some people were cutting off the bottom shoots that are the really small ones... looks like they wont be doing much so i figured i should just cut them.... right? and do yall think they are big enough to start flowering in a few days?

Like I was thinking of trimming off the black arrows and leaving everything from the red arrows up on. the red arrows are the first set of shoots that have any real size to them
cut_black_leave_red.jpg

And a few of my plants are slightly discolored like this.... any ideas?
color4.jpg

yeah i just loaded my last watering up with nutes, full dose. maybe a little stronger? its not over-nutes, ill try it stronger tomorrow i guess

did some pruning and LST on them....

Pruned the two short ones of the lower leaves and nodes
Reg1.jpg

And LST the 4 taller ones some more so i can try to kep them all at the same height. Just gotta give them a few days to recover. alot of stress over the last few days to week
LST38.jpg

how big before i can start flowering and not have them get ridiculously tall. i got CFL's, and even thou they are like stupid strong CFL's i dont want to stretch them out too much.

lookin good man.

these little green things are pretty amazing plants. you can chop them, shock them, burn them, and treat them like an abused puppy.. and like that puppy, with a little love, they will bounce right back.

if you want to play around with chopping random shoots, leaves, whatever. giver. how it reacts helps you better understand them.

i SUGGEST, leaving the fan leaves if you can, just tie them back so the bud sites get more light. Fan leaves act as your motors. without them, your plant wont grow to its full potential.

i do like the fact you trimmed underneath, i do that too, and they love it. plus, in my little setup, those leaves dont really see much light anyways, and will eventually die off.

that discoloration looks fine. if it progresses into something else, then diagnose it then. its better to neglect them, and get a slight deficiency, than to love them too much, and overdose/burn them. a burn/overdose is a LOT harder on the plant than being a bit hungry.

make sure your PH is set, dont overfeed. and dont worry so much about them.

it almost seems, the more you neglect, the more they want to grow to grab your attention :p

good luck, and ill follow along.

also... if you are using cfl (i do too.. i love HID, but, i have no space for it right now.. but soon ill get my hps runnign again!) LST the crap out of them..

your best bet, is a scrog, in my experience, the highest i ever yeild from cfl, is when i scrog. not to mention you can keep your cfl's nice and close to ALL the bud sites, and still get tight moderate sized buds. to the point i couldnt beleive it was from my cfl, and not my hps.

yeah im LST'ing all but the shortest 2 on the left. and i dont think ima lay down a screen this time just cause i got 4 different strains, next grow itll be just 1 strain so ill probably do it then. but this time ima just LST them then flower. i got it setup so all the tops are on the sides and i can angle these lights so all the bud sites get hit

im just trying to figure out when to start flowering, i want to let them get big enough to get a decent yield but i cant lst them too long, not a whole lot of room for them to bush out in that tent

remember that when flipping to flower, they will normally almost double in size.

and also remember, that when starting from seed, they take a decent amount of time to mature to be able to flower.

is the reason you dont want to screen due to some strains taking longer? if so... its not hard to cut a plant out of the screen.. just chop the branches, underneath, and pull them through.

just a couple pennies :)

should be enough. myself, i like to go minimal plants, and just screen them big.

but a little cfl sog kind of thing will work just as well, as you wont have tons of vegetation blocking everything.

i might just tie up a twine net to the frame of my tent on the inside to train them thru as a screen.... how high above the pot should i put the screen?

and i'm not worried about veg penetration really, i got the most powerful CFL's i've ever seen, 2x 300w 2700k CFL's, that's true watts not equivalent

actually ima have to put it up tomorrow cause i gotta make some kind of frame i can take out or wait a bit till they are taller, cause i want to be able to reach to the back plants to ajust the ties for the LST'ing. so thatll be first thing tomorrow in the morning.... and yeah they are all fem seeds. so ima make a 2'x2' frame from scrog'ing the 4 that i topped/FIM'ed and LST'ed

another thing, once i have it all trained up to the screen to i trim everything below the screen? like all the fan leaves and everything?

right on, itll probably take a bit more then a week to stretch them enough to fill the screen, but we will see, i just need those FIM'ed tops to spread out really, all the lower bud sights are pretty much long enough i could train them to the screen pretty good

Back
Top Bottom