Soil, Nutrient Question

imshandon

I have been reading that the premium soils get around ( up to ) three week before needing to feed with nutrients....My question is if I use that soil during Germ,seedling stage through transplanting. Then transplant into fresh premium soil would/could/should I wait another couple of weeks before feeding the first time?

Edit Excuse my rudeness..Hello everyone! Thanks for any help.....!

Re: Soil,Nutrient Question

hello.. depending what soil you use,but i use foxfarm soil and i'll usually wait intill my plants has 4 set of leaf growth then i start at 1/4 strength and work my way up.. it's best to change ur soil b4 going into flowering..

Re: Soil,Nutrient Question

Thank you Widowman......I planned on fresh soil when I go from seedling cup to the 3 or 5 gallon pot.But are you saying I should do another soil swap before I go into flower? That would be a second transplant with more stress I would think?....Noob here so all advice needed and appreciated :popcorn:

So I have fox farm right now and I have had a seed with 2 weeks of growth and my seed has about 4 sets of leaves but I have now idea what nutrients I should give them. Is there a basic but good nutrient I could follow?

Just another opinion...........

Most important thing is PH of water!

If PH is right and you see yellowing or lighter green growth then it's time to feed.

How much depends on strain and growing method.

If you don't know what your PH is and you see yellowing it could be that it needs feeding or it could mean you have nute lockout caused by PH being too high or too low.

In dirt, your PH for water should be between 6.1 and 7.1 to be safe. (I've seen others that say higher and some lower.)

Ideally your PH should be 6.5 and this allows the nutes to be used, go too high or low and the nutes are un usable to the plant.

If your PH is right and you see it getting a lighter color then it's time for nutes. You could go 1/4 strength or 1/2 or full strength but I would suggest half strength and work up to full strength if you so desire. Some strains are able to take more than the recommended amount but you'll only find that out by working your way up to the max.

What nutes to use? There are so many choices! Botanicare CNS17 veg works well and is somewhat user friendly, ie....good for noobs. :)

How often you water is important too.

And just like everything else there is no perfect answer that fits all situations.

In dirt with 50% perlite, water every two to three days.

Some say more, some less, you'll find what your plants want after some experience.

So I have fox farm right now and I have had a seed with 2 weeks of growth and my seed has about 4 sets of leaves but I have now idea what nutrients I should give them. Is there a basic but good nutrient I could follow?

If you want an easy to use nutrient that will take you all the way thru veg to bloom you can actually just buy General hydro Maxibloom mix it at about 6.5-.7.5grams per gallon and it will meet the profile established by Ed rosenthal of everything cannabis needs to grow into an extremely healthy and potent plant. That nute will provide cannabis with all the food it actually needs as long as ph is kept around 6.5 in actual soil 6.2-6.3 in potting mix or 5.5-5.8 in hydro and your enviroment is around 76 degrees 40% Rh you will grow good pot depending on genetics if the bud was bad to begin with there isnt much you can do.

OH the profile I said about nutes as I understand it you want your roots to have access to 100mg of nitrogen 100mg of Phosphorus 200mg potassium 70mg magnesium and 100mg calcium and it will grow well maxibloom provides all the needed micro and macro nutrients so once you find the feed your plants like wether its full strength then water wat or being 1/4 strength lightly every 2-3 days that nute will grow good bud.This mix is also know as Lucas Formula if you choose to use general hydro flora micro and bloom only at a mix of 8micro 16bloom per gallon . There is an excel spreadsheet you can google called premixppm3b1 using its readme you can punch in the guaranteed analysys of any nutrient you want to use and figure out the optimal amount to use to reach the needed nutrient profile

Back
Top Bottom